Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

This OP is as gorgeous as Naya Rivera :swoon:

a: Dat Kitty gif :allears:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Tupping Liberty posted:

I watch the Emmys. :colbert: Neil Patrick Harris is awesome.

No Tatiana Maslany, no buys :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

BrianWilly posted:

Burt flat-out overtly mentions his Congress job during the last episode he appeared in, when talking with Blaine about marriage equality. :sweatdrop:

I had to take a break from the last thread when it spiraled into endless dialogue between people who clearly hate the show yet can't stop loving watching and talking about the show. Are there even any folks left like me who are unironically looking forward to Glee being back?

Shippers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

SereneCrimson posted:

So I'll ask the only question that I care about; Is Naya Rivera/Santana still :swoon: worthy?

I take it you didn't see the gifs in the OP :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Senerio posted:

Also I generally like the show more than I make it seem when I post in here. I just like lame "this is an addiction" jokes better.

I do still like Glee. I might not like the characters, I might not like the storylines, I might not like the writing, I might not like the music, I might not like...

Wait, why do I still like Glee? :smith:

Save me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

xeria posted:

You like Glee because you like Naya Rivera.

Oh god it's true :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Senerio posted:

That's the best part, it's both!

And now I want to see Steve Austin promo on Will Schuester :sigh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

mcknitknot posted:

Also, was there anything worse than that frigging "At the ballet" song?!

You forgot spontaneous contagious Kiki outbreaks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Manos del Sino posted:

The bitch of it is that there's still one or two episodes a season that rise to my season one expectations, or at least come close enough that I'm willing to suffer through all the bad to catch those rare gems. It's an abusive relationship, sure, but I know deep down that Glee loves me.

He told me he'd be good this year. He promised he was better now, he said I just had to love him enough :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Tupping Liberty posted:

wait, is Bree a new character or was she there last season?

I hope she's neckbrace Cheerio :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

The world is safe once more

Rarity fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 26, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

That proposal was the invention of someone who's only experience of love comes from romantic comedies and was deeply embarrassing for all involved. Rachel pulled the exact same poo poo she pulled on Whoopi Goldberg and it's going to work again and that pisses me off.

But on the plus side Becca Tobin is absoulutely adorable :3: Even if Naya Rivera quits Glee tomorrow they've still got me :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Oh yeah, and why is Burt suddenly supportive of teen marriage wtf :psyduck:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

I don't care either way about Sue but any time somebody gives Will a verbal smackdown they get my full support

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Swedgin posted:

I'm mostly just sad that someone that talented is stuck on this show.

This is what we say about all the cast!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Arclight posted:

I've never been a fan of Cory Monteith's voice, but his rendition of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" is poignant and very well done. Thanks for sharing.

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is the worst song Glee ever did :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Tupping Liberty posted:

I'm trying to think of a time they've handled Tina well past the first 13 episodes.

I should really go back and watch the first 13 episodes as I can't quite remember anymore what I loved about them. Interestingly, also the only Glee I own on dvd.

In the first 13 episodes Tina had a stutter until it turned out she was just faking it to escape attention. They've never handled Tina well.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Scared Santana was the most adorable thing :3:

That was actually surprisingly good. The next episode is going to wreck us all though :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

BrianWilly posted:

Speaking of which I love how they're just substituting "fart" for "gently caress."

Personally, I found that terrible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

stachatoryR posted:

My WIFE makes me watch this show occasionally and I don't really know much about it other than every time they say "New Directions" all I can hear is

:dong:NUDE ERECTIONS:dong:

Oh hey someone's posting from 2008 :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

BrianWilly posted:

Eh, I'm not sure what racist content you're referring to here unless you're talking about Sue's rants and slurs, which folks here assure me is totally hilarious and stuff. I mean, I'm sure Glee has been totes racist before, but being one of the top racist shows on TV? Again, "eh."

Yeah, no way can Glee compete with Dads

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

xeria posted:

I'm just kind of expecting to be mostly confused at how at least three weeks have past on the show timeline, since the episode takes place three weeks after Finn's funeral or something. It's a very "What month even is it anymore? Are they graduating tomorrow?" situation!

Lima lives in a time bubble. I smell a Doctor Who crossover!

But yeah, this episode is going to :smith: as hell and I hope nobody feels the need to attack it for serious reasons.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Yeah, there's nothing you really can say about that episode except to credit everyone for managing to work on it under those conditions. It was very powerful with a ton of perfectly pitched scenes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Best episode ever :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Kitty and Unique were so adorable in that episode :3:

Overall I enjoyed most of it and found Adam Lambert much more tolerable than I was expecting. The only real downside was the Jake/Marley stuff, Jake's a tosser for screwing around and Marley's a tosser for just refusing to do a school assignment.

How does Kurt expect to make an indie band out of five people where only one can play an instrument and everybody sings? :psyduck:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Spergatory posted:

Basically, if I am going to like any of the characters on this show, I have to look past these stupid injections of meaningless drama and their implications. I like the character, and I like the actor's performance. He brings me enjoyment. If I am going to continue to like him, I'm just going to have to shrug and say 'it's Glee' because otherwise I'm left with a whole host of terrible implications about the character that the show is probably never going to address or follow up on and then my enjoyment is gone. :shrug:

Yeah, this is true for literally anyone. Unique? Catfished Ryder! Ryder? Transphobia! Kitty? Turned Marley into a bulimic! There is literally not a single character who hasn't been a douche just cause the plot demanded it. Well, except Sugar but that's because the writers never noticed she existed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Miniature Moose posted:

"I look like a gay Thundercat."

As much as I laughed at that, there is no way a high school freshman in 2013 would ever say that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

BrianWilly posted:

Clearly Jake is a fan of the far inferior reboot.

They rebooted Thundercats? Is nothing sacred?! :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

xeria posted:

The thing that keeps Will Schuester employed as an educator and lets him win Teacher of the Year is the same thing that gives these kids a massive cash influx to afford all the trendy clothes and also buy plane tickets every weekend.

Edit: And also the same thing that ensures multiple nominations for prom king/queen out of the glee club even in a year where the only Cheerio is a sophmomore.

Is this the same thing that has kept the show timeline in Blaptember for the last 6 weeks?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

xeria posted:

Verily! And the same thing that ensures a Christmas episode this season that seems to feature Kurt/Rachel/Santana singing in a mall, when they weren't even really friends prior to New York (making a "seasons past" Christmas seem sketchy at best), and we already had an actual Christmas for the 2012-2013 school year!

You've never heard of Second Christmas? :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

I just discovered AutoStraddle's episode recaps. Hilariously, they were losing their love for the show from like episode 8 of the first season. I guess it really did always suck :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

I know he changed his mind in the end but it was still hilarious to see Will go straight from giving the first good bit of support he'd done in years to throwing that student under the bus so he could keep twerkin.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

the truth posted:

Twerkin is in the Constitution. Did you miss that part or do you just hate America?

I'm British, the only state-approved dance allowed here is the foxtrot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Sam's the only male character who's never been ruined by random arbitrary bullshit storylines and that means he comes across really well. It's a shame his current romance is so blah and his current hair is so awful because it's disguising how great he was all last year.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Senerio posted:

MUSIC POST! (Sorry it's late.)
All songs this week by Billy Joel.

Movin Out, by Nightwing and Blonde Chameleon (Sadly in their civilian identity): I love this. Though, to be fair, it's Blaine and Sam. I would've liked anything they sang. That said, it's still probably my favorite song of the episode.

Piano Man by Blaine Warbler: Bryan Ryan's version was better. :colbert: (It was good)

My Life by Jake Puckerman: I liked it. Jake's a good singer.

Honesty by Artie Abrams: Middle of the road for Artie, meaning great.

An Innocent Man by Ryder Lynn: It's competent. I don't hate it, but the rest of the songs above it are better.

Just the Way You Are, by Santana, Sam, Blaine, Kurt, and Rachel: Just look at the group singing this, and you'll know what I'm about to say: It's great.

You May Be Right, by The Wretched Bass Clef, Divider of Glee Clubs and New Directions: I like Matthew Morrison's voice. I assume the context of the song is incredibly creepy, but #3 song of the episode for me.

:siren:As a reminder the besties nominations for last week's episode are now allowed.:siren: Please nominate. I don't want to have to use my backup songs to balance numbers

So excited for an episode of Cis White Males doing Cis White Male things :allears:

Yes I know about Jake but shut up I want to be offended

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Manos del Sino posted:

I think a good part of it was that not only did she not dress as a Gaga, she deliberately flaunted the edict by wearing a distinctly Katy outfit. If she had just worn a normal outfit I don't know that Schu would have come down as hard as he did.

It was pretty silly of her to dress like she did. It was akin to wearing the uniform of the rival team.

Yeah it was a very clear 'I refuse to do the assignment' statement which totally deserved a suspension. But Glee being Glee messed up the scene with a dumb throwaway gag.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

I had a lot of problems with this episode but the main one by far is the message that the best thing to do with Downs syndrome people is to shove them all off into their own little pocket where they can be ignored by the rest of the world.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Striking Yak posted:

It just seems very counter-productive and harsh to suspend a student for not finishing an assignment in an extra-curricular club, especially when it was something she wasn't comfortable doing. And when the main message of the club is to be yourself. But whatever, it's Glee, I've probably over-thought it.

She was only suspended from Glee club, not from actual classes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Not a single Troubletones song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

I want to be free but I don't know how to stop :smith:

• Locked thread