Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

mcknitknot posted:

Any word on how they will portray Finn's death? I hope they are not going to do anything drug related...

Ryan Murphy has confirmed that it will not be because of a drug overdose.

(source)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

Did they really bring Amber Riley back to just smile and not sing anything? That's a tremendous waste.

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

KilGrey posted:

Burt's speech about never knowing how much time you have with someone got me a bit misty eyed all things considered though.

Burt Hummel is the best TV dad ever. Whenever he has a heart to heart with Kurt, it always resonates with me on some kind of level and this one was no different. He always manages to put things in perspective.

After that scene, I totally wanted a feels meltdown so I watched the one where he sends Kurt off to NYC. Didn't even make it to the "but you won't" part before I got washed away in the tsunami of feels. :negative:

Arclight fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 27, 2013

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

Senerio posted:

In the meantime, I meant to post this a while ago, but here you all go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LOADC03Cw
Anyone brave enough to watch it?

I've never been a fan of Cory Monteith's voice, but his rendition of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" is poignant and very well done. Thanks for sharing.

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

Rarity posted:

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is the worst song Glee ever did :colbert:

Worse than "Gangnam Style"? Or the entire Rocky Horror episode? Or when they blatantly ripped off Jonathan Coulton's arrangement of "Baby Got Back"?

Arclight fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 28, 2013

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

vanessa posted:

I disagree; she got the whole "Cooter beats me" storyline. She pulled it off amazingly because Dot Marie Jones is awesome, but that was my least favorite storyline of hers (even if we got a great rendition of Shake It Off out of it).

"Shake It Out" was pretty much the only good thing to come out of that storyline. I actually prefer the Glee version over the original.

Arclight fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 30, 2013

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

So is Bree the Cheerio the unholy love child of Santana and Quinn's hookup? Because :wtc:

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

I know it's cheesy and corny, but I really love Kitty's face turn. You can tell she's genuinely happy to be with the Glee club.

But the Glee writers will probably screw that up really bad in a couple of episodes, so I'll have to enjoy it while it lasts.

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

This episode is going to to be really weird without Quinn.

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey posted:

When Glee is all said and done, I would love to know what Jenna and Dianna did to make the writers seemingly hate them so.

I'm not sure how much truth to the rumors that Lea Michele and Ryan Murphy purposely kept Dianna out of this episode, but her absence is totally jarring, especially given all of the history between Finn and Quinn. The fact that she's only mentioned once in the entire episode certainly makes me think that there's something going on more than just what the Glee PR machine is saying, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

I think Santana was trying to make up for Quinn's absence, especially with the tirade at Sue and the scene on the empty stage. I felt like that should have been Quinn all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

cathalc posted:

And, I didn't like myself for it but I did chuckle a little at going from "Finn Hudson, 1994-2013" to "Cory Monteith, 1982-2013"
I'm sort of glad Mark Salling isn't going to be on much more, because him playing a 19-year old at age 31 would have stretched the boundaries of credulity for me.

• Locked thread