Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Jesto posted:

"Some people already put a lot of their information out there availably, so you have no reason to complain!"

This seems to be the 'moral' they're going for. :rolleyes:

There's a difference between walking through public chatting with a friend surrounded by average people, and doing the same but with a government agent actively trailing you to record it all into a database.

I would argue it's not that, they're just pointing out a hypocrisy they see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Revol posted:

I would argue it's not that, they're just pointing out a hypocrisy they see.

Yeah to me it more seems like they are saying that people should expect it when they post every mundane thing about them selves on the net for all to see.

Also, Bill Hader is by far the best part of this episode so far.

Edit: Butters turning his fear of the NSA into a religion :allears:

Gordong Dongbay fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 26, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Is it wrong if I am seriously considering going to the DMV to confess my sins now?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Holy poo poo I am loving this.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

There's going to be Alec Baldwin out takes somewhere. I need to hear them.

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005
This episode owns and it's hilarious.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Did they just throw in a Person of Interest jab? :stare:

Buddyleet
Jun 5, 2004
The Walking Man
Never going to the DMV. Never!

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Wanna hear something crazy hosed-up?

I live in Florida and I like my DMV. It's pretty fast, and I get to play on my cell phone.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Hahahaha.

edit: actually considering how badass Santa has been shown to be in this show this is actually extra morbid

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
HOLY poo poo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is a big Snowden dig isn't it

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Does Cartman's mom have a new voice actress?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Butters is the DMV Pope?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

aaahHHHAHAHhHAH

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hahahahahaha

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Hahahahahah! DMV shut down!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
WMZ news will be back in

a young boy

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

This loving show. Awesome episode.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I wish there was more NSA Dragnet, that sequence was by far the highlight for me.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

drat, when was the last time we saw Officer ButtbabyBarbrady?

edit: Loved that NSA agent's rant to the hippie, but I can't quite explain why.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 26, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cacator posted:

I thought they stopped doing stuff with the character because Trey hated doing the voice.

The episode was pretty fun, especially the stuff at the end. Its kind of crazy that they used the time off to completely revamp the animation, redoing the backgrounds and such.

Edit: Didn't see it posted but they announced today that the official release date for Stick of Truth is December 10th.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 26, 2013

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I felt like that episode had about twelve too many points it was trying to make, but it was funny throughout and never really got preachy or whatever other South Park negative trope, so all in all it was a pretty good episode!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wasn't a big fan of the Alec Baldwin stuff just cause it felt really easy and I guess I expect a little bit better out of South Park than "shitter instead of twitter". Everything else was funny though. I loved the confessing your sins at the DMV stuff. Which was especially funny since I actually have to go up to the DMV tomorrow.

I feel like this is going to be an episode where they didn't really want to make any real point, they just wanted to have fun with the idea of the government spying on you, but people are going to make a bigger deal about the episode anyway.

Also the new intro is REALLY slick looking, I love it. But man do I hate the version of the theme song they have been using for like the past 6 seasons. Like it is really really awful. I wish they would go back to this version they used from like season 6-10. It was way better.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That episode was pretty meh overall, I thought, but every time Butters went to the DMV and the DMV being shut down at the end was golden. Oh, and Santa being the NSA's source, too.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Cacator posted:

I think it's suppose to be a parody of Dragnet.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good episode. Liked the jabs at Alec Baldwin, who seems like he's a pompous douche in real life, along with the main storyline.

Cacator posted:

I wish we'd get more Barbrady and less red-headed detective.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dammit this was on TONIGHT!? :doh:

Crap, now I gotta wait until next week to catch up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Dammit this was on TONIGHT!? :doh:

Crap, now I gotta wait until next week to catch up.
Or you could watch it in a little over an hour when they re-run it! :)

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
When was the last time they showed/referenced Terrance and Phillip? Feels like ages.

Doughbaron
Apr 28, 2005
I hated this episode while watching it, probably because I was blinded by my strong opinion regarding the NSA leaks, but looking back it wasn't that bad. I love the Santa Claus reveal, and most of the Butters stuff, especially the initial turn toward deifying the government, was funny. I've rarely agreed with with Matt and Trey's politics, so I'm not going to let those kind of differences stop me from enjoying the show now. I think their season premieres are usually pretty weak anyway.

entropy
Jul 19, 2003

I'm afraid I just blue and gold myself.
That was fantastic. Great voice acting by the Baldwin impersonators, and I actually liked that the plot went a bunch of different places because the ending took me by surprise.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Or you could watch it in a little over an hour when they re-run it! :)
Or for free on the website. :)

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?

jerkstoresup posted:

When was the last time they showed/referenced Terrance and Phillip? Feels like ages.

I want to say it was either Royal Pudding (2011) or Eat, Pray, Queef (2009). Either way, it's been awhile since we've heard or seen Terrance and Phillip.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
South Park is back: good.

This episode: not so good. Easily in the bottom 25th percentile. It had some cute moments with Butters, but really was a poor showing.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
The only part (parts) of the episode that grated on my nerves were all the scenes of Cartman obnoxiously talking on his phone to Lawrence, not because I didn't appreciate them as part of the narrative but because that kind of behavior is just so drat irritating I sympathized with Kyle immediately.

I thought it was overall quite good and funny though.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Doughbaron posted:

I hated this episode while watching it, probably because I was blinded by my strong opinion regarding the NSA leaks, but looking back it wasn't that bad. I love the Santa Claus reveal, and most of the Butters stuff, especially the initial turn toward deifying the government, was funny. I've rarely agreed with with Matt and Trey's politics, so I'm not going to let those kind of differences stop me from enjoying the show now. I think their season premieres are usually pretty weak anyway.

Overall I liked the episode. The jokes were a bit scattered, but they mostly worked.

I just wish they had twisted the knife a bit deeper about people who share too much. Specifically, the assholes who use speaker phones in confined public spaces, especially on public transportation. I wish had shown Cartman doing that on the bus, where no escape is possible.

At least push-to-talk has mostly died off, so no more hearing that annoying squawking noise from assholes pretending their cell phones are walkie-talkies.

Also, nobody cared about what you had for lunch, please stop taking pictures of your lunch and posting it on social media. #firstworldproblems.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 26, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I enjoyed the episode, loved the Butters/DMV stuff, but I was blown away by the ending, especially that single still image of the crying boys and the,"Hey it comes with the territory!" line. Glad to have South Park back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The new intro shows off the town quite a bit more which is probably because they actually had to map it for the upcoming game, and the map in the game (and the layout in the intro I suppose) is now canon.

• Locked thread