Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Ballz posted:

Kind of sucks seasons are now down to 10 episodes a year, but maybe we'll get another holiday ep.

Any idea on when we can expect a release date on Stick of Truth? I'm a little concerned we've heard so little aside from a new E3 trailer a few months ago.

Wikipedia has the release date as Nov. 19th, so make of that what you will. Considering that Parker and Stone as well as Obsidian are trying to to avoid the reputation for shoddy games, that's probably more of a hopeful target date, and it will probably be released when it's finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Doughbaron posted:

I hated this episode while watching it, probably because I was blinded by my strong opinion regarding the NSA leaks, but looking back it wasn't that bad. I love the Santa Claus reveal, and most of the Butters stuff, especially the initial turn toward deifying the government, was funny. I've rarely agreed with with Matt and Trey's politics, so I'm not going to let those kind of differences stop me from enjoying the show now. I think their season premieres are usually pretty weak anyway.

Overall I liked the episode. The jokes were a bit scattered, but they mostly worked.

I just wish they had twisted the knife a bit deeper about people who share too much. Specifically, the assholes who use speaker phones in confined public spaces, especially on public transportation. I wish had shown Cartman doing that on the bus, where no escape is possible.

At least push-to-talk has mostly died off, so no more hearing that annoying squawking noise from assholes pretending their cell phones are walkie-talkies.

Also, nobody cared about what you had for lunch, please stop taking pictures of your lunch and posting it on social media. #firstworldproblems.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 26, 2013

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

There are and always will be. Yeah they were at their peak a few years back, but they're still around.

Goths and punks have been around for almost 40 years, so I kind of doubt emo kids are going anywhere soon.

Edit: I'm not making a comment on the relative merits of the music. It's possible they could all disappear like the hair-metal groups of the 80s.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Oct 24, 2013

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

Because I think at the end of it, it's still a "Yeah, he's an rear end in a top hat but he's our rear end in a top hat" type relationship.

At this point it's more like Begbie from Trainspotting. "Yeah, he's an rear end in a top hat, but he's also a total psycho that you can't escape short of leaving town, and even then he will probably follow you."

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Kuuenbu posted:

What, Quake II on a Pentium 3 out of the garbage bin isn't enough for everybody? :v:

You CoD/Crysis kiddies and your graphics over gameplay. :p

I'm just surprised they glossed over the Xbone DRM issue. Because that's arguably the PS4 side's penultimate weapon of choice.

That's news to me. All I noticed was that MS just recently gave up on the much hated GFWL.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Hahaha, get in a delays jab at GRRM

This episode wants to hate A Song of Ice and Fire, but there's just too much stuff in here that shows that someone on staff legitimately likes the series.

There's a reason ASoIaF has caused some of the worst threads on the SA forums. Even people who like the series like to make fun of the goofier aspects of the series. It doesn't help that the last two books were not all that good.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

xanthan posted:

And more dick descriptions for no reason.

Are the books this dicktastic? Because seriously, has he had one scene that didn't involve wangs?

There's probably about three times as ink spent describing feast than wangs, and more space on naked women than naked guys. So basically food>>>>vagina>wieners.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

We're gonna need an English translation of every Japanese line in this whole episode. Right now.

My Japanese is pretty weak, but most of the Japanese was fairly basic, along the lines of "Princess Kenny is so cute", (Kawai) or "Kenny is amazing." (Segoi)

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Yes, six people have lost their lives and hundreds more have been seriously injured because people are willing to stab, assault, and trample their fellow man during the holiday season to save a couple bucks.

That people now essentially rationalize the behavior is nothing short of sad.

They kind of acknowledged that with the reporter hoping for a giant black Friday death tally. It turns out that Black Friday is just a really loving slow news day, so the reporters have to hype up the shopping madness to get viewers. The rest of the year, someone whipping out a taser in a Wal-Mart would be relegated to the local crime beat story, and they might get a mug shot on the Smoking Gun. But because nothing non-sports related happens on Black Friday, they have to hype up the shopping violence, just so they have something interesting to talk about. And your neighbors volunteering at the local homeless shelter doesn't pull the same kind of ratings as all 'Your neighbors will trample you to death to save $100'.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

WillieWestwood posted:

Here's how all that went down.

Long story short: In the end, Hayes said it was the dwindling pay he was getting from the show, not Scientology, that made up his mind to leave. He was right on that count, as he was appearing less and less on the show.

Season 18 begins on September 24! :)

That still seems like a bullshit reason. Voice acting is usually considered a cushy job that can be done in an afternoon.

Even if Hayes wasn't in the spotlight enough for his taste, it's not like Hayes was a highly in demand actor reviving his career. The South Park VA gigs were basically easy money for a guy who hasn't been in the spotlights since the late 70s.

• Locked thread