Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

WHERE IS MY COFFEE posted:

Edit: I'm one of those people who has no idea why people, including Trey and Matt, hate the first 5 seasons.

I don't hate them, but the early seasons are really weird to watch these days. It seems like they had an entirely different vision for what the series should have been, which is especially apparent in season 1. They're still funny, but newer episodes are way more carefree and creative in general. I think the split happens around the time the movie came out - now that I don't think holds up very well.

The best part about going back and watching the old seasons are Trey & Matt's stupid intros to each episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knv-R78VnEA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Laserface posted:

The Scott Tenorman episode doesnt really hold up that well, after watching it again.

Cartman relies on too many assumptions to pull the whole thing off, and just feels like it was rushed to an end.

Its good, but its definitely not the master piece of a psychopath that people remember it to be.

Remember nothing. I first saw that episode a couple of years ago and I think it's one of the best.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Goddamn, I laughed so hard at the Stick of Truth advertisement at the end. These three episodes are seriously some of the funniest things I've seen all year.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Propaganda Machine posted:

I thought that was the show referring to the game as an apology for the late release.

It's pretty clear that the game was supposed to have been released right after that arc aired, which is why there are so many similarities, but they botched it.

I like the game a lot, but the humour is 70% rehashed references, 30% original material, let's not kid around.

• Locked thread