Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ubisoft is now the new publisher and if I recall, Matt and Trey have mentioned how they've been pretty awesome and have been helping to polish up the game even more.

Also in the most recent (E3?) trailer, Cartman said "Coming Holiday 2013... probably. You know how these things go." or something of the sort.

E: Anyone else hope they make another "6 days to air" type documentary? The behind the scenes stuff was fantastic and really fascinating to watch. Them cracking up while recording dialogue was the funniest thing too.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Sep 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The new intro shows off the town quite a bit more which is probably because they actually had to map it for the upcoming game, and the map in the game (and the layout in the intro I suppose) is now canon.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Whenever they're doing something that might completely bomb, I'm glad they know to make it a Randy episode. That makes it automatically a good episode.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Haha, does that mention Geoffrey Rush too? He played Javert in the previous Les Mis movie adaptation with Liam Neeson and Uma Thurman. Also, "Anne Hathaway -> Hot?" made me laugh.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That's excellent. I've really missed Garrison's teachings based on movies and tv-shows.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Rewatching some of the older episodes, I'd completely forgotten the one scene in "Margaritaville" where Stan goes to return the thing to Sur La Table and the guy at the register says a bunch of things that end with "-ble" and pronounces them the same way as Sur La Table. That might be the funniest thing I've seen in a South Park episode and that's saying something.

"I'm sorry, our internet is slow today, we need a new ethernet cab-luh."

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Oh wow, Custer's Revenge?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Even a tiny bit of Randy usually elevates an episode into a "Randy" episode.

His "See, now the Japanese are normal, like us." in Whale Whores or instance.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The best part was the Canadian health minister explaining how Canadia puberty causes you to upgrade your "buddy's" to "guy's" and whatever.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Doughbaron posted:

It's pretty obvious that Gore's obsession with Manbearpig in that episode is a metaphor for global warming. And while Gore may have liked that episode, celebrities claim they like the negative depictions of themselves on South Park all the time because self-deprecation is a great PR move.
Except when Jennifer Lopez started firing people on the set of one of her movies when they did the "I love tacooos and burritoooos" hand puppet thing to her. Apparently most of them knew they'd be fired but did it anyway.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

WillieWestwood posted:

I have GOT to dig this up, lol.
Trey mentioned it in the recent Stick of Truth Comic Con Q&A panel, I think. The whole thing is on Youtube somewhere.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

But seriously, watch the ComicCon panel with Trey and Matt. While they seem a little annoyed with the moderator (who tries a bit too hard to play the comedian in my opinion) initially, they warm up quickly and there's some fun moments in there.
Yeah, they seemed to have a lot of fun and it really comes across that they're putting a lot of work into the game. The delay jokes were pretty good too.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I liked that one time when that guy died and violently shat himself.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Harry posted:

So was this supposed to be the tea party, the blue dog democrats, swedish-US relations, and what would its equivalent be when talking about the political climate of Uganda?
It's a criticism on un-Christian Christians, obviously. It's all there, man.

Also the best use of that gag was when the Wall-Mart was sucked into a dimensional tear like the house in Poltergeist and right before the tear disappeared a huge stream of poo poo came out of it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

That is one of the bits that when they show the episode in syndication they just cut to a card stating that the guy crapped his pants. They do the same thing in the episode where people poop out of their mouths.
Hahahaha, that might be even funnier.

This episode was okay. The three religious symbols merging into the VH logo got the biggest laugh out of me.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

I laughed pretty hard at the cow being air dropped to it's death. Those type of things always get a good chuckle out of me for just how absurd they are and the few seconds of build up. The end of the last Tom Cruise episode had me in stitches because it was just such a great call back and so out of the blue.
The cow drop was great, too, yeah. Especially when it started with that gorgeous (for South Park anyway) shot of Jerusalem with the music and everything and then having a helicopter and a dumb cartoon cow slide into the frame was hilarious.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Dr_Amazing posted:

Maybe I'm just a big child, but Kyle asking for yummy yummy farts completely dead pan each time is hilarious.
The scene in Mackey's office was amazing when at first it seems like Kyle is asking for help with a lone tear in his eye and suddenly Cartman is peeking into the office from the hall.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Trey's Japanese guy voice kills me every time. It did in HumancentiPad and now this. I want that bunduru too.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

escape artist posted:

I'm thrilled about the Game of Thrones parody, especially after the preview clip. Also, I think Starvin Marvin was the worst character ever, and I hope he never comes back and remains in space.
Marklar your marklar, marklar. Also Jakovasaurus.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kenny really wanted to be a real princess and Sony made him into an anime princess with superpowers in order to win the console wars. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"Bitch, how you not a hobbit again?" killed me. Also a friend of mine saw Kim Kardashian at a fast food place some time ago and went on and on how tiny she was so this episode was particularly funny to me.

• Locked thread