Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

tarlibone posted:

I assume you mean "... so it is hard to miss," meaning that any attentive viewer would notice this continuity error. (Otherwise, the "gratuitous shot of each one" comment makes no sense.)

That said, it's only hard to miss if you're a gun nerd. Not saying that's a bad thing, mind you, but honestly, this little detail flew right past me. To be fair, though, I probably would have only noticed it if she'd shot him with a revolver and dropped a semiautomatic weapon.

Yeah, I agree. Harry Lennix was really quite good when confronting the doctor, you could see him trying to make sense of what the doctor was saying and feel his heart break and be hopeful at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I was pretty sure that Cooper was going to die in the finale, so it didn't have the same gravitas to me.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

tarlibone posted:

I assume you mean "... so it is hard to miss," meaning that any attentive viewer would notice this continuity error. (Otherwise, the "gratuitous shot of each one" comment makes no sense.)

That said, it's only hard to miss if you're a gun nerd. Not saying that's a bad thing, mind you, but honestly, this little detail flew right past me. To be fair, though, I probably would have only noticed it if she'd shot him with a revolver and dropped a semiautomatic weapon.

Oops, I meant to say either IS hard to miss or is not hard to catch. You get what I mean though.

Gun nerd or not, the camera is focused directly on this:

and then the camera focuses on this on the ground:

az
Dec 2, 2005

Next seasons opener it will be revealed to us that everything we have seen on the show so far has happened in the imagination of a mentally retarded Keen staring into a snowglobe. The camera pulls back from her glazed stare to reveal a packed mental institutions day room where all the little Resslers and Toms are sitting, softly drooling on their nappies by the window. A figure in white sits down by Elizabeth, "Hello Lizzie, how is my favorite little friend today?" Professor Reddington files his fingers through a beaten spy novel, opening it at a faded dog ear. As he begins reading about the titular spy character's current exploits in a soft sombre, nurse Dembe silently rolls up a metal cart next to their dimly lit table, the october sun faintly playing on his white uniform. With a shy smile, he places a small plastic tray with colorful pills, rounds and squares, on the wooden cover. "Thank you Dembe", Professor Reddington nods at him, pausing the part where Secret Agent Mary Sue saves the president of Malarkya by jumping in the path of a sniper's bullet. Red, as he has been lovingly nicknamed by those patients capable of speech, picks up reading to Elizabeth once again. Calmly as to not disturb the quiet scene, Dembe places another container next to the medication, a cup of Jello. Woodruff Green. Elizabeth's eyes locked on the frozen interior world of the snowglobe as it lies perfectly still in her hands, a silent tear reflecting in its white plastic mist before it escapes her face forever. End scene.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I wasn't too surprised when it was revealed that the diagnosis was false. It seemed to me to be too convenient that this mysterious super-illness responded so perfectly to the magical "clinical trial."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I didn't really like her just straight-up murdering the guy. Why can't more anti-hero characters just say, "you're right, killing you accomplishes nothing, but I don't see why you shouldn't live with one less kneecap." *blam* :smug:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

That scene would have been better if she had tried to channel Spader by killing him instantly and laughing about it.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Lizzie frazzled as gently caress.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I really like this show despite itself. Just let James Spader monologue at the camera for 48 minutes and call it a day.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

I really like this show despite itself. Just let James Spader monologue at the camera for 48 minutes and call it a day.
This post reminds me of a wonderful little cafe in Prague. The owner was terribly anti-semetic, but baked the most delicious biscotti.

Anyways I moved to a fictional slavic country and became a robot for a while after that.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

This post reminds me of a wonderful little cafe in Prague. The owner was terribly anti-semetic, but baked the most delicious biscotti.

Anyways I moved to a fictional slavic country and became a robot for a while after that.

Somehow, the "Anyways" makes me think of Red doing a Bill Brasky skit. Not sure who I have to have sex with to make that happen, but if it's Megan Boone, then so be it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tom removed his sweet tattoo :(

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
I do think it's funny that the producers have decided that Tom and Liz are the great love story of the show. Never let two years of deception and manipulation followed by four months of captivity and torture stand in the way of true love I guess.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

BrandonGK posted:

I do think it's funny that the producers have decided that Tom and Liz are the great love story of the show. Never let two years of deception and manipulation followed by four months of captivity and torture stand in the way of true love I guess.

I find it funnier that producers or Ford or both think that Tom is such an interesting character that they should have a series of Ford Mustang commercials centered around him

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

I find it funnier that producers or Ford or both think that Tom is such an interesting character that they should have a series of Ford Mustang commercials centered around him

Maybe they should've done one with Lizzy:

"Drive a Mustang and be like me, a mentally disturbed chronic gently caress-up whose life is controlled by the men around her. #unleashelizabethkeen"

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Knowing this exists makes me wish I lived in America so I could see it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

HookShot posted:

Knowing this exists makes me wish I lived in America so I could see it.

Here is one of them from last year, not the one I saw in the finale though
https://youtu.be/Cth45Uz_2Dk

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

WhyteRyce posted:

:psyboom::wtf: I wonder how much he got paid for that. And why?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Digital Jedi posted:

:psyboom::wtf: I wonder how much he got paid for that. And why?

He probably just drove the mustang off the set at the end of the day

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Tom is the second-most interesting character on the show. He's actually allowed to have depth, whereas I really don't care in the least about Lizzy's backstory, no matter how much they're trying to *make* me care.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm so happy this exists. It also has more plot than about half the episodes in the show. Thank you.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Tom is the second-most interesting character on the show. He's actually allowed to have depth, whereas I really don't care in the least about Lizzy's backstory, no matter how much they're trying to *make* me care.

Agreed. If only they weren't trying to hammer in a love story with the show's worst character and him.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
That seemed like a Series Finale. Maybe they thought they may be cancelled? Post-semi-finale series usually are not good.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Just got around to this last episode and yeah, this show needs more Spader and less everyone else and especially less pouty face. The long con Cabal stuff is Robert Ludlum revamp territory and needs to wrap up too and they should make Mustang dude go back to being a psycho.

Just have the show countdown Red's list of assholes like a :twentyfour: clock ending with him putting down David Straitharn.

TFR chat: I froze the end gun scenes and it's the same Glock throughout, just the trigger and guard and stuff are hidden by her manhands in the first shot. Rocket man? :v:

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

I get the feeling that Spader wants as little to do on or with this show as possible. I don't think it's a coincidence that his screentime seem to lessen when he got a producing credit. Plus, I've seen interviews with him talking about the show and I've seen more enthusiasm coming from cashiers and stockboys talking about their job.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

BrandonGK posted:

I get the feeling that Spader wants as little to do on or with this show as possible. I don't think it's a coincidence that his screentime seem to lessen when he got a producing credit. Plus, I've seen interviews with him talking about the show and I've seen more enthusiasm coming from cashiers and stockboys talking about their job.

"I got paid more to voice and mo-cap Ultron than this show has paid me thus far. Oooh...~Golden Globe and Emmy nominations~! At least on Boston Legal I *won* them on occasion."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Spader has a "Spadery" quick appearance in the Tommy Lee Jones directed "The Homesman" as an irish hotel owner trying to lure investors out to some middle of nowhere in Nebraska field.

That is a very good movie :smith:

• Locked thread