Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Spader just seems so insufferably smug.
Is Spader, won't fix.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

grrarg posted:

Was that just Nina from The Americans?
Yes: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3393732/

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

And she wakes up in the morning with perfect lip gloss already. Clearly a highly trained agent.
Gotta plump up thin lips somehow.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The direction is pretty awful.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

To be fair, network TV audiences are pretty dumb, and they'd would probably very much prefer to have everything laid out for them in the beginning.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gyges posted:

Man the FBI sucks at noticing obvious traps.
Guys in hazmat suits are no match for armored vehicles with trained special agents!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm getting major The Event vibes from this.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I really want her husband to die. Get rid of that poo poo ASAP.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The FBI lady really isn't a good actress. Surely they could have cast a different attractive woman.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

JohnSherman posted:

This show just does not set up the stakes even remotely well.
This episode would be more appropriate as a movie. You really can't do this kind of plot in only 42 minutes.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

At least the FBI agent called in for backup.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The bigger question is, do you guys think Hostages had a better premiere?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wow, worst rendition of 99 Problems ever.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DOOP posted:

Just watched it and it was ... alright, I guess. James Spader loving owned and my main draw will be seeing how much he hams it up and how high his :smuggo: reaches. Keen wont be Spader's daughter because I refuse to believe any writer would be that dumb and obvious.
Boy have I got news for you...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Aatrek posted:

So I guess Parminder Nagra's going to be one of those women who looks 25 right up until she turns 50. Right on.
Magical Asian anti-aging genes. :allears:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ookiimarukochan posted:

She also appears to be one of the handful of British actors who can't do an American accent judging by the Sean Connery-esque range she displayed in the episode.
There's not reason why someone who works for the CIA has to have an American accent. If anything, it's helpful that she doesn't.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The FBI guy, I hate that character with a passion. He's so stupid and behaves so irrationally, even within the context of the show. I can barely stand it when he's on screen.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Blind Pineapple posted:

This show isn't very good, but I think I'm stuck just because I want to see the nonsensical conclusions to all these angles. Spader and the unintentional comic relief blond FBI guy are the only things I find myself enjoying week to week, though. Outside of Spader, they really picked a horrible group of actors for this show.
Ahem, the FBI guy is clearly a ginger.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Octy posted:

Just started the episode. I feel like I'm watching Fringe. Except without a great main cast.
Noted Teen Choice Award winner Joshua Jackson.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Octy posted:

I was mostly referring to Noted Theatre Director and Actor John Noble.
And what is three-time Emmy winner James Spader, chopped liver?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Oroborus posted:

Maybe it's lizzies long lost sister?
Switched at birth, test tube babies, does it really matter at this point?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I remember watching it off an on as a kid.

For some reason I thought it was on UPN though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Cullen virus? Do we infer that the Blacklist writers like or hate Twilight?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Welp, the final shot revealed what we knew all along. Fuckers.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

James Spader Spadered so hard in that cold open.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Nancy Botwin is Red's ex-wife?!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

One thing I'm confused about is Samar's introduction to the show. In the season 2 premiere, she kidnaps Red before he's remanded back to the task force. Then in episode 2 she's working for him and convinces Cooper to let her join the task force. How did she join Red's side? It's especially confounding since, when Red is in her custody, she explains how she went to so much effort to track him down: discovering he likes a specific kind of Zegna tie, introducing a tracker into the dye used in those ties. She turned from hunter to partner pretty much immediately.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 14, 2014

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Timely for a plague episode.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Octy posted:

What's this thing about Agent Keene keeping a secret behind a door? I didn't know even know there was a door or a secret.
It showed up at the end of last week's episode.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gonz posted:

It'll be Tom behind the door, obviously.

Either that or A BRAND NEW CAAAAAAAAAAAR.
Do we still think Red is Lizzie's father? Because if both of these things pan out... man, the writers are predictable as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I haven't watched any episodes since the Ron Perlman 2-parter. Is it worth getting back on the train or should I abandon a sinking ship?

• Locked thread