Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

It's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Red Dead Redemption HD, only on PS4 and Xbox One!

:suicide:

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Red Dead Magnificent Seven

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

So...what'll be the Red Dead equivalent of Shark Cards?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Domestic Amuse posted:

So...what'll be the Red Dead equivalent of Shark Cards?

Coyote Coupons

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Since it's a rockstar warehouse item and not a GTA one...... shark cards.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Dysentery discounts

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
You're all wrong, it'll be scrip from whatever the most prominent railroad company in the game is.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Cougar credits. Just a reminder of the most powerful foe in Red Dead Redemption.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My favorite part of RDR was "Oh sweet, I need that flower over there." * get off horse* *instantly killed by cougar*

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Donkey Dollars. Buy enough and you get a piece of poo poo donkey for you to ride in-game but you never will because it's a piece of poo poo donkey.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gobblecoque posted:

Donkey Dollars. Buy enough and you get a piece of poo poo donkey for you to ride in-game but you never will because it's a piece of poo poo donkey.

bull poo poo i rode those all the time

also the Chariots were sick

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
No rush, could I get an accept to the LLJK group? Just sent in the request, name is Technical_. Thanks

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There's a GTA Online thread and an LLJK thread in private games. Post in those and you'll get a faster response. This thread is pretty dead.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Technical Analysis posted:

No rush, could I get an accept to the LLJK group? Just sent in the request, name is Technical_. Thanks

Post in this thread with a link to your rockstar social club profile http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I've got a random question about the GTA Games

Have any of the rumors for what the next game in the series was going to be ever been true?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Next game is in space

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

I hate the fact that each update negates all the mods I actually use. Is there a way to uninstall the latest updates for GTA V on steam? I only play single player, and the only two mods I use, camera range extender for Rockstar Editor and the mod that allows you to use DLC cars gets broken with every update. I can't believe Rockstar are being so petty they won't even let me use the files that are literally taking up space on my hard drive.

The very fact that they would sink so low to taunt their customers is reason enough boycott the next release. The only problem is I know most people won't boycott the games with me so there is little to no point to even trying. They've really dropped the ball with this release.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I've got a random question about the GTA Games

Have any of the rumors for what the next game in the series was going to be ever been true?

After 4 a lot of people thought we were going back to Los Santos.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Bioshuffle posted:

I hate the fact that each update negates all the mods I actually use. Is there a way to uninstall the latest updates for GTA V on steam? I only play single player, and the only two mods I use, camera range extender for Rockstar Editor and the mod that allows you to use DLC cars gets broken with every update. I can't believe Rockstar are being so petty they won't even let me use the files that are literally taking up space on my hard drive.

The very fact that they would sink so low to taunt their customers is reason enough boycott the next release. The only problem is I know most people won't boycott the games with me so there is little to no point to even trying. They've really dropped the ball with this release.

Agreed! The GTA mod community seemed much more vibrant with past games in the series. Rockstar have truly forgotten their roots and have gone 100% console and multiplayer focus. They are almost anti-mod.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Bioshuffle posted:

"I can't believe Rockstar is a business". Not excusing them, but of course they're doing shady poo poo to make money. That's what corporations do.

Michael Scott posted:

Agreed! The GTA mod community seemed much more vibrant with past games in the series. Rockstar have truly forgotten their roots and have gone 100% console and multiplayer focus. They are almost anti-mod.

Rockstar has never supported modding. It just so happens that they now have an excuse to break their hierarchy in order to secure shark card sales and support their online practices. GTA IV was the same way, but they didn't make nearly as many code-breaking updates as they do now.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 12, 2017

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

I get your point. I don't mind that they don't support the modding community. Plenty of A-list titles don't provide official mod support. However, Rockstar are literally going out of their way with each update to actively prevent people from modding. This crosses the line from having good business practices to basically what amounts to bullying. I would be fine if they would release DLCs to allow me to drive the DLC vehicles. All they're doing is taking up my hard drive space for a feature I can't even use. I'm literally willing to pay them money to drive the vehicles. But as it stands, there is literally no way to drive the online vehicles in single player. Why is that? If they were a smart business, they would allow me to pay them. Barring that, why not just let me use mods to do the same thing?

I literally can't load up the game right now, because they introduced a new update that only affects online play. I wouldn't mind the wait if the updates affected single player. In the early days they used to release new weapons and vehicles for SPO (single player only) players. Now days, they've completely abandoned people who play single player. Rockstar are literally going out of their way to be assholes to people who have supported them from day one.

As of right now, I've put in a total of 955 hours into this game. If they keep this up, it's looking less and less likely that I'll break 1000. Enough is enough.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Question, why can't you load the game?

It sucks they don't cater to the many people that play modded GTA but they never have. Not even as DMA. Seems a bit silly to be kicking stones about it still, twenty years later.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Bioshuffle posted:

However, Rockstar are literally going out of their way with each update to actively prevent people from modding.
Its pretty standard for any sort of game update to ruin any mods made for the previous version.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

verbal enema posted:

Next game is in space

GTA: Moon Colony

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

GTA3/VC/SA had a somewhat bustling modding community, from what I recall. GTA3 even made Claude's character texture accessible as a bitmap you could modify and slap right back into the game!

Compared to that period, a whopping 13-16 years ago, GTA 5 does feel downright actively hostile to modding.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I did a lot of modding in GTA3. Lots of texture replacement to make that dogfood factory my own little hangout. Hex editing the executable to change the news tickers on that one building. Editing the map with notepad and then that one guy made an actual map editor.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Ofaloaf posted:

GTA3/VC/SA had a somewhat bustling modding community, from what I recall. GTA3 even made Claude's character texture accessible as a bitmap you could modify and slap right back into the game!

Compared to that period, a whopping 13-16 years ago, GTA 5 does feel downright actively hostile to modding.
It's easier when the game doesn't touch the network at all.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
This may have been asked already...

Am I insane or did Wade(?) have Juggalo makeup in the 360 version but not at all in the One version?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This may have been asked already...

Am I insane or did Wade(?) have Juggalo makeup in the 360 version but not at all in the One version?

It's random. I'm pretty sure he had the clownface on for me when I did the "Friends Reunited" mission but I believe it's possible to play through the entire game and never see it.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Just a head's up, this is currently 50% off on Steam.

Which leaves me with one burning question. How hard is it to run this modded on Steam? Namely LSPDFR with real life cars looks like the sort of mildly spergy fun I'm looking for. I saw a YouTube of a guy with a 1987 Crown Vic cop car running radar. It looked kind of boss.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

shadok posted:

It's random. I'm pretty sure he had the clownface on for me when I did the "Friends Reunited" mission but I believe it's possible to play through the entire game and never see it.

I'm almost positive that Wade had the makeup on for the entire game when I played it on the 360, but it has yet to materialize in the One version. I thought maybe ICP sued or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Q_res posted:

Just a head's up, this is currently 50% off on Steam.

Which leaves me with one burning question. How hard is it to run this modded on Steam? Namely LSPDFR with real life cars looks like the sort of mildly spergy fun I'm looking for. I saw a YouTube of a guy with a 1987 Crown Vic cop car running radar. It looked kind of boss.

Right now at this moment? Pretty hard. They just released a patch so LSPDFR is broken until they patch their mod to work with the new Ragehook Plugin. Next week it should be fine. Once you get things set up, you'd be wise to make sure steam doesn't download anymore patches. Though you can't even do that anymore because Steam only lets you always update it, update it when you launch it, or make sure it's the first thing updated. Ragehook Plugin has a backup utility where when you get a working setup, you can backup the executable and whatnot. Then when the game patches, you can open ragehook and restore your saved version.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
So is there really still no easy way to add all of the GTA Online content (in particular the cars and big garages for storing cars) into story mode? Because I am looking at all these sweet cars I'll never be able to drive because onlione holds zero interest to me and I'm getting annoyed.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

fuckpot posted:

So is there really still no easy way to add all of the GTA Online content (in particular the cars and big garages for storing cars) into story mode? Because I am looking at all these sweet cars I'll never be able to drive because onlione holds zero interest to me and I'm getting annoyed.

Well, you've got three options depending on how strong your aversion to online is:

1) If you just don't want deal with random strangers in your games, join the GTA discord and ask around. Someone can probably lend you their car to play with :)

2) If you really do not want to deal with other people at all, once you're done with the mandatory tutorial section, you can set some hosting options and use invite sessions to play Online and no-one can ever join you. Start a race in the right class and you can drive any vehicle in the game for free, plus all the contact missions are soloable if you want some extra GTA missions to play. You can kind of think of it like extra content that you can't bring the 3 story protagonists to?

3) If you are adamant about staying in singleplayer, then sorry but you'll have to wait for a mod to come out. And as you've probably noticed, Rockstar is very hostile to modding :(

Good luck!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You used to be able to add all online vehicles to your garages in SP through the savegame editor, I'm not sure if they added checks against that in the meantime (it would be a very Rockstar thing to do).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I thought at some point rage hook plugin had the ability to spawn in online cars. Might be worth looking into.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I kind of gave up on ragehook because it's broken a lot due to GTA updates.. I really need to turn off the auto updates in steam.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

tater_salad posted:

I kind of gave up on ragehook because it's broken a lot due to GTA updates.. I really need to turn off the auto updates in steam.

You can't, you always have to update with Steam. Ragehook has the ability to backup your current version and restore it after updates until Ragehook is updated again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Cool I'll have to grab the newest one and try it all again.

• Locked thread