Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What would y'all most like to see put in the FAQ? I've got some ideas but I'm taking suggestions and then I'll edit it.

Garages
Assassination stocks
Properties + which are worthwhile
The Torture Scene (and why you should shut up about it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Oh boy, a new thread!

Snapmatic time.

Here's what I think of you and your ten bucks, lady. #kifflom

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

burf posted:

The best Trevor switch is when he's underneath a pier tying a random gagged guy to one of the support beams, yelling "THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER BE RUDE TO STRANGERS"

I got that one, but he said something about how this is very evocative of American capitalism instead.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Is there any stuff that you can miss out on? So far the only stuff I know of is therapy sessions with Michael. I'm trying to finish the story and then just go back and do whatever.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

What we know about how stock works (Lester, etc.), what we know about how garages work, and what the song that plays when Michael is flying around is come up a lot.

Might also be nice to tell people to stop debating whether the helicopter controls suck or not.

This is the song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K57dVZ4oHtQ It's one of my favorite missions. (i would avoid reading the youtube comments since they are spoilery.) I gotta say I'm taken aback by how good the writing is in this game since I really wasn't terribly impressed with the RDR or GTA4. They really stepped up on the character development front.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

My son got it, was quite a relief as I always cringe when he switches to Trevor but being scooter brothers is very kid appropriate. He says a lot of funny stuff if you stay with your scooter brother.

He's quoting this, pretty much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxKj_CmtHRI

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Just had an issue where I found a random armored car driving around, so I jacked it, but no briefcase came out the back when I blew open the doors. Is that supposed to happen, or was it a glitch? I died a couple minutes later, and when I respawned, I drove past a gas station where another armored car spawned and this time blowing open its doors actually worked...

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Oh man, just switched back to Trevor and he was under the Velspucci Beach pier tying some gagged dude in a suit to one of the beams going "And that's why you don't talk meanly to strangers." 35 hours in and still finding tons of fun stuff.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

polish sausage posted:

This is the song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K57dVZ4oHtQ It's one of my favorite missions. (i would avoid reading the youtube comments since they are spoilery.) I gotta say I'm taken aback by how good the writing is in this game since I really wasn't terribly impressed with the RDR or GTA4. They really stepped up on the character development front.

I know what song it is, because it gets posted like every other page. The OP was asking for suggestions for what to put in the FAQ post.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

I know what song it is, because it gets posted like every other page. The OP was asking for suggestions for what to put in the FAQ post.

fair enough. maybe while we are at it we can OP all of the trevor transitions since that also seems to show up every other page.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

What would y'all most like to see put in the FAQ? I've got some ideas but I'm taking suggestions and then I'll edit it.

You point out that Trevor's special ability increases damage dealt in the OP, but it's probably also worth mentioning that it greatly reduces damage taken. I find that part of it to be the main draw, really. Helps when moving to cover or running for a vehicle.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Apparently there's a glitch that lets you get any property for free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7VzYtGY96Y&hd=1

I haven't tried it myself but it looks pretty easy. Apparently the catch is you need to have enough money to purchase the property, so you would still need $150m to do this trick on the golf club.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Dewgy posted:

Oh boy, a new thread!

Snapmatic time.

Here's what I think of you and your ten bucks, lady. #kifflom

Snap!

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

How to hold up convenience and liquor stores.
How to shoot open the backs of armored cars.
How to take Chop for a walk.

e: the finer points of the wanted system, including changing cars and hiding in bushes.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Macrame_God posted:

Now that I've beat the game I'm doing character playdates for fun. I took Michael out as Trevor and had a great conversation between the two where Michael apologized and Trevor accepted it. Then we burried the hatchet over a game of golf. :unsmith:

Oh and new thread! Wooooo! :woop:

Wait you can take characthers out on playdates? Everytime i try the phone just goes to voice mail.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Kifflom car spawn locations.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
gently caress! Finally found a bugatti on the street and god drat cops killed me somehow

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I like the meta-joke about how you can make heaps of cash robbing banks and meticulously planning heists at great personal risk, but you can easily make even more cash by committing white collar fraud from the comfort of your couch.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

washow posted:

gently caress! Finally found a bugatti on the street and god drat cops killed me somehow

There's almost always one parked here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIufJ-VrFDE

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

"I can't believe I'm getting smart-talked by a loving dog."

Some of Franklin's later Freaks and Strangers missions are pretty amazing.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

UberJumper posted:

Wait you can take characthers out on playdates? Everytime i try the phone just goes to voice mail.

I think certain characters are only available at certain times. If they're available it should say "Hang Out" under their name in Contacts. Like Jimmy is only available at night. Take him out drinking as Franklin for added hilarity.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

washow posted:

I was in the middle of stealing the not-Challengers for the final heist when I saw one just parked outside some stores. I immediately stopped what I was doing, stole it, drove to an auto shop, and then parked it in one of the property garages.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

webmeister posted:

There's almost always one parked here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIufJ-VrFDE

After I had Trevor take it it hasn't respawned. Can't wait for his garage to eat it.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

One complaint I have, and it's not something that I'm even blaming Rockstar for, is that there's a gently caress-bomb about every thirty seceonds, even if your just driving your car around. My little girl likes to watch me drive around acting foolish and making jumps in GTA games (no shooting or missions or anything), and every time you drive within a foot of a ped or another car, someone's yelling "gently caress YOU YOU loving gently caress". I eventually had to go up into the sticks for my crazy driving, but luckily she thinks it's hilarious when I drive a truck down a mountain at top speed.

The ragdoll button is a huge hit with her, too. I kept climbing on higher and higher stuff and jumping off, and there's nothing like the laughter of a small child watching a hillbilly land head first in a parking lot after jumping off a bar roof. I capped it off by driving into the city and diving off the top of the skyscraper that's being built.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Bold Robot posted:

The following was posted in the old thread:

Can anyone confirm this? Will blowing up a bunch of cars actually swing AUG? From looking at the market, it looks like AUG has a fairly wide range, from about 80 up to about 110. Did this dude just get lucky with a low-high swing, or do we actually have evidence of non-Lester actions influencing the market?

I just stole 5 FlyUS jets and crashed them into the city bailing with a chute. The market hasn't moved at all on it or AirEmu. I sure would love to know how it actually works cause it doesn't seem to work like anyone expects unless you look at the social club one.

Far as I can tell you look at the news for possible movers under finances with a rating of uneasy and then gamble on if it will go up or down next game startup.

Intrepid00 fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 24, 2013

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

"I can't believe I'm getting smart-talked by a loving dog."

Some of Franklin's later Freaks and Strangers missions are pretty amazing.

Franklin is great. CJ minus the pathos, though I always enjoyed playing as CJ just for his warped sense of honor. His self-righteousness always made the horrors he was committing that much funnier. Some construction worker said something rude to my sister? Time to murder twenty innocent men!

Almost Honest
Aug 17, 2009
Okay so, can I do anything online with this game if I don't have a LIVE Gold membership anymore? Can I upload my selfies with a Silver membership?

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
So maybe I'm just being stupid but I can't figure out how to get the cars I order using the ifruit app. I order the car on there and it says it was successful then I loaded the game and got the text message saying the order was processed but where do I go to actually get the car?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Almost Honest posted:

Okay so, can I do anything online with this game if I don't have a LIVE Gold membership anymore? Can I upload my selfies with a Silver membership?

No, I don't think so.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

For the FAQ: if you replay heist missions yes you can select the alternate route and experiment with different crew members but no you cannot earn any of the rewards again.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE PIGS

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

How are people taking screenshots like that?

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Capture cards :) I'm assuming they're pretty cheap on eBay and the like.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Is Trevor played by Kramer from Seinfeld? I can't unhear it.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Cyra posted:

Is Trevor played by Kramer from Seinfeld? I can't unhear it.

It's Johnny Knoxville for me. His character model, his voice, his line delivery, his mannerisms... It's uncanny.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

After trevor's mid game mission to capture the Merryweather plane. Is there anything to check out after it crashes? I just spent 2 hours trying to figure out a way to get the sub to the alamo sea. It seems like the easiest way would be to get a cargobob (which seem to be a rare spawn in the military base, or 2.2 mil to buy) and lift the sub you get from the dock property. What's the easiest way to get 2.2 mil without cheating, anyway?

Edit: I haven't hung out with anyone yet. I really should. The dialogue in this game is great.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 24, 2013

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Macrame_God posted:

Now that I've beat the game I'm doing character playdates for fun. I took Michael out as Trevor and had a great conversation between the two where Michael apologized and Trevor accepted it. Then we burried the hatchet over a game of golf. :unsmith:

Oh and new thread! Wooooo! :woop:

Trevor can go Golfing? I dunno man, someone with so many rage issues shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a golf course.

edit:

DangerDummy! posted:

It's Johnny Knoxville for me. His character model, his voice, his line delivery, his mannerisms... It's uncanny.

HI I'M TREVOR PHILLIPS AND THIS IS THE DIRT BIKE TRAIN JUMP

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Oh good lord. I beached a dinghy to get near a parachute spot but the boat slid like 50 feet across the beach and ended up hitting a dog and pinning it under the boat :(

I was just about to Old Yeller it with a silenced shottie when it popped up and ran off.

Sorry, little doggie.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

If I had any skills with editing, I'd love to do a video montage of Trevor doing a bunch of gnarly fuckups with Corona playing in the background. It just fits so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

DangerDummy! posted:

One complaint I have, and it's not something that I'm even blaming Rockstar for, is that there's a gently caress-bomb about every thirty seceonds, even if your just driving your car around. My little girl likes to watch me drive around acting foolish and making jumps in GTA games (no shooting or missions or anything), and every time you drive within a foot of a ped or another car, someone's yelling "gently caress YOU YOU loving gently caress". I eventually had to go up into the sticks for my crazy driving, but luckily she thinks it's hilarious when I drive a truck down a mountain at top speed.

The ragdoll button is a huge hit with her, too. I kept climbing on higher and higher stuff and jumping off, and there's nothing like the laughter of a small child watching a hillbilly land head first in a parking lot after jumping off a bar roof. I capped it off by driving into the city and diving off the top of the skyscraper that's being built.

Yeah my 3 year old always tells me to "play the race car game!" because he loves watching me drive around and crash cars/motorcycles (with the added bonus that every time I forget to wait long enough for the character to put on a helmet he says "STOP HE DOESN'T HAVE A HELMET"), but there's just sooooo much swearing no matter what character you choose. I guess you can always turn the dialogue volume down though.

• Locked thread