Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I have yet to switch to Trevor during his Scooter Brother moment and at this point I think everyone has solidly ruined the awesomeness of it because now I'll be expecting it.

:emo:

Dominic White posted:

GTA Online is launching with deathmatch and race editors

Cool, the first race I'm making is an Azerbaijani.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

To any goons complaining about helicopter wobbles, shut the hell up and go level up your characters piloting skill at flying school.

Flying that poo poo is a piece of cake and is a lot of fun.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Robawesome posted:

Even with max skills there's still an unnecessary wobble

Turbulence. It's like waves of water but instead of in the ocean they exist in the sky.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

It's very poorly implemented bullshit. Turbulence would either have it pushing you in a direction or lower air pressure would have you drop quickly because of loss of lift and it typically happens at much higher altitudes than we're ever flying in this game. This game implements it like you're randomly getting hit by microbursts all the time through an extremely lazy random jiggling of the control inputs. It's dumb and annoying. It's not even fun, it's just there to gently caress with you when you're trying to do precise stuff.

It really doesn't. I'm not trying to posture myself like some kind of chopper air wizard but I've managed to pull some pretty nimble poo poo in a chopper and stunt plane with a fully leveled Mike and Trevor and not once have I been like, "gently caress this poorly implemented bullshit" and screwed up some precise crap I was trying to do because of turbulence.

Edit: I understand that's the point of the turbulence in the game (to cause poo poo to go wrong) but at higher skill it becomes less of a factor if any.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 28, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Any goons know how long it takes for custom license plates to get added to your game after you've ordered one through the iFruit app?

I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to take selfies with my BAITCAR and it's been about 4 days now.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Deputy Dangerous posted:

My favorite level-of-detail thing was the playground by the pier that's got colored rocks halfway in the sand. The thing about these rocks is that not only are they in real life, but they're the same rocks I scraped a layer of skin off my knee jumping over as an 11-year-old in the early 2000s. It was actually surreal coming upon them (by slamming into them with my SUV, of course).

Wow, to a guy like me those rocks wouldn't even have registered as anything but a neat little whatever and I probably would have passed them without even a thought but to you they bring up a goddamn memory from your childhood. That's some interesting/crazy poo poo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Modern Day Hercules posted:

I hope there are way more hair options for online characters. If I can't have a high top fade then what's the point of all this? Seriously though, Franklin's got more hairstyles than the other two but only like 3 are decent and one of those is his yee yee rear end default cut.

The only GTA:Online hairstyles for men will be the ones avail for Mike and Franklin. Female custom characters will only have access to Trevors hairstyles.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Selfies in GTA is the best thing. Selfies in GTA:O will be epic.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

I'd just like to steal random cars and mod them without the fear that they'll disappear tbh.

I mostly do this without caring if they vanish after. Recently I just pimped out a Romero Hearse and made that bad boy chrome. Even with top of the line parts and tweaks that thing still plods around town. gently caress if I know where it is now though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

kater posted:

I'm sad. Do you get any money from either choice on T's first heist?

Guys, should we tell him?

Edit: Pretty sure you net $0 profit either way you go

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm glad to see this thread hasn't evolved into one where everyone is complaining about how GTA:O isn't working on Day 1.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

JGBeagle posted:

After waiting 15 minutes I just quit the game. This game has been nothing but poo poo for me and the online isn't convincing me to not sell this for Saints Row IV right now.

This is a joke post, right? :raise:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hace posted:

e: Someone should probably make a GTAO thread, because this one is just going to become more and more of a mess here in the next week or so.

There kind of already is, but I guess that's more for crew requests.

Which would mean there's going to be three GTA5 threads going at once. On the upside that will probably really piss off that one off his rocker goon who's trading this game in for Saints Row 4. So I vehemently support the creation of a third GTA thread.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Faltese Malkin posted:

I called the three characters together for a rampage. It was awesome and there's an achievement/trophy tied to it, too.

Edit: we went into Balla territory to show them what's up :smuggo:

Holy poo poo you can do this? Why have I not known about this earlier? Is it just a matter of inviting one of the main characters to hang out and then calling in the third? Then what? Just start killing random San Andreans?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

My game is stuck at "Launching Session" in the tutorial race, but stuff is going on around me, so I'm afraid to try and quit and have to start over. :ohdear:

Quit, go to sleep (in real life) wake up tomorrow and hope it's fixed. If not, enjoy a week more of the awesome single player game and then check back with GTA:O once all the kinks have been worked out.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Call other dude 1
Call other dude 2 before picking up 1.

Now you can have the 3 amigos wrecking poo poo together. They also have different things to say based on where you bring them. And also sometimes the other two will have conversations with each other.

Doing this as soon as I get home from work.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

lady blue shanghai posted:

And if they can patch in/DLC heritage characters can't they also make the granny pics bigger and easier to see? It's a dumb system but being able to clearly see the faces would make it somewhat less dumb.

Who cares what the grannies look like, focus on how your character looks and how the various options changes their appearance.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

JGBeagle posted:

I really really hope that multiplayer is worth this long loving wait because seriously gently caress R* for releasing this broken garbage.

Let me guess, because the single player was so awful and low effort and lacking in anything you would consider fun that you're thinking about trading this game in for Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row 4?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Okay, Trevor's border patrol mission is unmitigated (Rockstar-signature) bullshit. It won't let me shoot the people who should get shot!

It's a side story mission with side characters, dip poo poo! Just keep playing them and the story will eventually let you kill them however you want in the end.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Haven't played the game in a week (work,ect.)

Load it up, get the "you need to update" message. PS3 has now frozen and cant controller quit, anyone else get this or am I really lucky ?

EDIT: NVM, worked on the second try. Had to do a hard reboot.

Just realized I am only 35% into the game. I spend way too much time just messing around and exploring.

That number feels kind of deceptive, do one mission and you'll probably be 55% into the story mode game after.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It just occurred to me that In a game filled with psychopaths, drug fiends, scum, lowlifes and complete assholes it's the therapist that I dislike the most.

....and I never got to kill him. :smith:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Drizvolta posted:

Oh my god did I really just tap x for 28 minutes gently caress these triathlons. :negative:

Shoulda used a fightstick with turbo. :smuggo:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I don't know. There's a lot of little post game stuff that all three characters do and say that show how each has grown over the course of the story. It may not be as major as previous GTA protagonists but these are heist men after all. Other than maybe Trevor, they're not really in the Empire business.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I might as well snag the pre-order for this on Steam, right dudes?

Or should I just expect the same level of early duping tricks that will net me millions upon millions of los santos bucks on GTA:O PC like there were in the early days of the GTAV console ?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is it just my own personal experiences online or are PC players way WAY more considerate when it comes to races? I mean, ya people still run each other over and do random rear end poo poo from time to time but from the dozen plus public races I've taken part in most players aren't trying to constantly drive each other off the road and are usually attempting to avoid collisions. Generally way cooler than on console.

Then again my time on console was with Xbox 360, so that might explain things.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

THE loving MOON posted:

I run into just as many races on the PC as on the 360 where if you aren't in at least 3rd at the 30 second mark, than you're back in the crab pot. Everybody knows rubbin' is racin', but seems like half of these happy assholes are just doing their best to reenact Dale's final moments. I just really hate getting hit by some guy who goes on to fly off a cliff :v:

Here's the thing about being in a pack, if that drift feature is active during the race then everyone can catch up the guys in the front by just slingshotting off each other. When dudes aren't going loving aggro and trying to run you off the goddamn road the second you pull up along side of them then everyone can actually make a good effort at winning.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I just played a 4 player heist with random pubbies and it took everyone about 4 tries to finally get right, at the last bit where everyone jumps out of a plane to parachute on a beach and finish the mission, i decide to find out what pressing both thumbsticks in does. It detaches my parachute. so i died on impact with the ocean. Then i logged off loving everyone out of the heist completion and money. I'm that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

This is what my triplet looks like. Very business as usual, but sadly they sometimes change into other clothes.

I need to see this Trevor in action.

• Locked thread