Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
GUYS I SWITCHED TO TREVOR AND HE WAS IN A DRESS/NAKED/DRUNK ON A MOUNTAIN/DUMPSTER/ISLAND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
This is the last thing many residents of my Los Santos ever saw:

Terrifying.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

SorcerousHam posted:

Because (later mission spoilers I guess?) when Michael reunites with his family they rattle off a long, long, long, long, long, long list of hired help that Amanda has hosed, but then his daughter and wife poo poo on Michael for cheating and being disrespectful to women for using prostitutes (even though in my game I never did)

The lesson to learn here is gently caress a lot of hookers and go to the strip club a lot when you play as Michael.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Capn Beeb posted:

I wanted a bicycle.

They didn't have any.

gently caress them for not having a bike.

I got a bike!

I, too, wanted a bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPvrAshD7q8

No, not that kind of bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1caI0fNsLhY

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

futureproof posted:

You can mod it.

Modding it doesn't prevent Franklin from showing up on it, which I don't want either. I tried to blow it up, but it just came back.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Somebody should really tell Rockstar that there should never, ever be a loving enemy that can kill you in a single hit.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Vargs posted:

I tried going for the bearded, bald, aviatored, badass Trevor that a lot of people here seem to like, but it feels really out of sync with his personality. The creepy and gross kind of Trevor that he starts out as seems much more in character. I've got him rocking the mullet + stubble with some lovely jeans and a tank top.

When you get one of his really subdued behavior scenes, like the last errand you run for Josh, it really works. Like, really works well.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Davoren posted:

Not really, because when you see that Trevor tells Martin that if he mistreats his wife, he'll come back for the other ear.

Does anything ever come of the follow-up phone calls from her after the fact? She calls a few times, and then nothing.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

stuart scott irl posted:

Goddamn, for that job where you smash and grab from the armored truck, they made such a big deal out of finding a getaway vehicle that I found a Hummer and added some armor and engine upgrades, and it turns out you're well out of danger by the time you even use it to "getaway." Oh well.

Depends on where you chose to stash it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Deputy Dangerous posted:

Gonna re-ask this. So I completed the S&F where you steal the 5 vehicles for the Epsilon cult. Now, I can't get past that part. Michael doesn't have any of the robes in his wardrobe nor can he buy them online. Calling Marnie does nothing. Am I missing something?

It seems like a lot of people are getting stuck here. I got killed doing something unrelated after doing it, and when I walked out of the hospital the next mission was available immediately. I don't have the robes or anything.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Pleads posted:

This also applies to a device in one of the Scientology missions so you don't always have to stare directly at it in slow mover mode.

Once you get it aligned correctly you don't have to look at it at all, just start running.

(I don't think that really spoils anything)

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
They opened fire on me as soon as I shot the other guys. It was counted as a criminal activity pretty much right away.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

stuart scott irl posted:

is North Yankton supposed to be anything, or just generic?

Somewhere in the midwest, that's about it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

When do I get non-lovely haircuts/facial hair for people?

There really aren't any that aren't lovely. Make sure you're connected to Social Club and you can shave everyone's head, which is an improvement over pretty much everything else.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
That's a good question. Mine just kind of did it on its own after the first Franklin mission.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Is/are there any goon crews set up yet on Social Club yet?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
It's not every day you get to meet your hero!

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

DrNutt posted:

You ain't gotta like it cause the hood gon' love it.

Watch entitled gamers show they rear end out in public

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I went into Bob Mulet with my Epsilon robes on and the hairdresser greeted me with "Kifflom" instead of his normal lines. Awesome.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Dragonatrix posted:

Oh geez, I just finished the third triathlon event. 27 minutes and no reward for it is ridiculous. I'm just glad that it's easy enough to win on the first try, otherwise it'd be much, much worse.

After the near-end of the Epsilon missions I don't think I can bring myself to even try this. There's a lot of pointless running around in this game.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Just dumped every dime into investing and have $4 now, how does this not give people ulcers

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I was up to like 3 miles walked when I wandered into the parking lot of the abandoned Home Depot-esque hardware store and INSTANTLY got counted as out of boundary. The warning came up and the reset to 0 came up at the same drat time. Stay away from that store.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Jesus I entirely forgot I dumped every dime into PIS last night.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Is there any way to buy/sell on the market without being in-game?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Also I just found this: http://bawsaq.hviidnet.com/

It's a live stock tracker for both platforms that allows you to subscribe to specific stocks with email alerts.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
gently caress, BAWSAQ is down and all my money is tied up in it

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Is there a way to replay the heist missions with the other options selected? Since they all have multiple setup missions before the actual one I figured it was impossible, but I want to make sure I didn't miss some way of doing it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Royale with cheese.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Pleads posted:

Is the in-game BAWSAQ different than the online one at all? Wasn't the big sell-off supposed to happen soon?

I'm hoping to hold on to my HAL and PIS stocks until they reach triple-digits. C'mon market, don't let me down!

The planned sell-off was about 3 hours ago. I panicked and dumped everything at 38% ROI.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
You plebians and your cars.

:smug:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I missed the Altruist cult entirely. Every random person's thing sounded a lot more interesting than just dumping them in the desert, so I saw them all through to the end and now have no more hitchhikers to try with. They should just let you pick up hookers and take them out there.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What does that do? I don't care about being spoiled.

There are two ways to end the Epsilon mission line. The first, doing what you're told to do, gets you a pat on the back and a lovely tractor. The second, stealing $2.1 million and murdering Cris's security detail, gets you $2.1 million and the satisfaction of verbally telling Cris to gently caress himself and his cult.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Antti posted:

I remember someone posting a photo with Michael as Vincent and Franklin as Jules in front of a Burger Shot. Anyone still have a link to that?

Slim Killington posted:

Royale with cheese.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Pleads posted:

I'm not sure if I installed that "the cloud" replacement add-on or if some of you fuckers are just typing about your butts.

My butt is down and that makes me mad!

What is WRONG with my butt?!

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Rapdawg posted:

Need myself an all Wu-Tang Clan station.

I actually would pay extra money for this.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Jeez my fiesty asian princess looks kind of like a mutant in-game, yikes

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Ooh, maybe I should try again

edit: no dice :\

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 3, 2013

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
How can I get to the character select/creation thing again? All it does now (when it does anything at all) is default to the one I just made so I can wait forever for the first race. Or do I need to get through that first?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Alright dying in multiplayer is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I'm never playing Tennis online again. It likes to do this stupid bullshit where you run to the ball, stop, stand there, and then swing 3 seconds after pressing the button. Sorry to whomever I was playing with but I can't take that poo poo any more.

• Locked thread