Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Out now for the following platforms:
PS3
PS4 (Re-release)
Xbox One (Re-release)
PC (Re-release)

Map of the game world:

Click for giant detailed 5944x8075 version!

And here's a map that you can scroll through to see all the different collectibles, side missions, property, etc. available in the game.

According to Rockstar, the map is bigger than San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption and GTAIV combined. I've put 150+ hours into this game between multiplayer and 2 playthroughs of the single-player and I'm still hungry for more. It really is loving huge and gives you a ton of exploration options.

In GTA5, there are 3 main playable characters that you can switch between at just about any time, both during missions and outside of missions. Every time you switch characters outside of missions, the character you switch to will be up to something, whether they're watching movies or creeping on people on the beach or taking the dog for a walk. The world feels persistent and alive as a result.

Michael De Santa (formerly Michael Townley)

A former bank robber whose death was faked after a job gone wrong. Now in the FIB (GTA equivalent of FBI) witness protection program. Has a rocky relationship with his dysfunctional family. Begrudgingly gets back into a life of crime.

Trevor Philips

Michael's former running buddy. Unstable drug user prone to violence. Lives in the sticks. Under the Trevor Philips Enterprises umbrella, runs a meth lab and hopes to expand into arms trade.

Franklin Clinton

Once a gang banger and drug dealer, Franklin served time in prison and now aspires to turn his life around and make something of himself. Works repo jobs for a car dealership. Meets Michael on a repo job.

Franklin also has a friend named Lamar that's from the same hood as him. While he's not exactly a main character, he can simultaneously be pretty hilarious and grating. This is about all you need to know about him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQrrW9t6a8

As in San Andreas before it, each of GTAV's characters has stats such as Stamina, Lung Capacity, Shooting, Stealth and Driving for the player to maintain. In addition, each character has their own special skill. For Franklin, it's slowing down time while driving. For Trevor, it's double damage and reduced damage taken. For Michael, it's bullet time. These special skills can be activated by pressing both controller sticks simultaneously. There's a meter for the special skill in the HUD, and it'll run out after a limited amount of time, but it does recharge.

There's a lot to do in GTAV (the understatement of the year). You can drive cars. You can fly planes. You can race boats. You can ride bikes. You can gun down civilians. You can egg on cops. You can visit strip clubs. You can mod cars. You can own property. You can plan out and execute heists. You can watch movies. You can get tattooed. And that's not even half of it.

Here, check out some trailers:

First Trailer (from 2011)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs

The Official Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvoD7ehZPcM

Character Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38HiYPMiI

Gameplay Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A

"Wait, online?! :aaa: " you say?

Yep! GTA: Online is the multiplayer component of GTAV, which offers a variety of multiplayer modes along with free roam.

IGN posted:

GTA Online or Grand Theft Auto Online, the multiplayer component to GTA 5, will launch two weeks after GTA 5 on October 1, 2013. GTA Online will be free for everyone who bought a copy of the game. The events of GTA Online take place BEFORE the events of GTA 5.

GTA is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with GTA 5, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the GTA community, according to Rockstar.

The game will let you and friends team up to tackle missions, activities, ambient events and other things, as well as competing with others in more traditional game modes.

When playing GTA Online, you take the role of a custom character which you design. With this character, you can customize your appearance, increase stats, and own property and cars. You use this character to earn reputation and money to open up new opportunities for you and your friends.

IGN posted:

'Crews', which have been recently seen in Max Payne 3, will also be used in GTA 5. The 'Crew' mechanic makes use of Rockstar's Social Club, which has been in use since the release of Red Dead Redemption. By creating a 'Crew' in a game such as Max Payne 3, players will be able to port across their character between the two games.

Rockstar boss Dan Houser said: "Multiplayer is an ever-more important part of all our games moving forward. By creating crews through Social Club, the crews that you create in Max Payne 3 will be ready and available for you to play in Grand Theft Auto V from day one."

GTA Online will let players form private crews with friends, or join public crews. Players can be a member of up to five at the same time, and completing tasks as a crew will gain experience points for the player. In late 2012, Rockstar said that "refining open-world multiplayer into something really special" had been a huge focus in the development of GTA 5.

Crews will be able to be recruited and the hierarchy of them is very flexible. Every crew has a Leader, then there are the Commissioners, Lieutenants, Representatives, and Muscle. There can be multiple people in every position except for the Leader.

Gangs can then meet up with other gangs online and compete in various modes including Team Deathmatch and Gang Wars. There will even be tournaments set up for these matches.

:siren: The original GTA: Online thread has been archived. Please direct all further GTA: Online chat to the new thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682735. :siren:

:siren: PC GTA:O Steam group:

KittySpinEcho posted:

I noticed there wasn't a Steam Group for GTA V on PC yet, so I went ahead and made one. Idle in the chat to find people to play coop with. Can we please put a link to this group in the OP?

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/goontheftautov

:getin:
:siren:

Update Regarding Single-Player DLC:

Rockstar posted:

GTAV Story Mode Updates. For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto V, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas.

The game is now out on PS4, Xbox One and PC. These versions are re-releases of the original 360/PS3 game, which include the following exclusive features:
  • New weapons, vehicles and activities
  • Additional wildlife
  • Denser traffic
  • New foliage system
  • Enhanced damage and weather effects
  • Enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations
  • Increased player count in Grand Theft Auto Online, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
  • Exclusive to the PC version - resolutions up to 4K and higher-definition textueres
With the PS4/XB1 versions, all 360 and PS3 users can transfer their GTA: Online characters and progression over to the new versions.

Also, Rockstar has stated that if you already transferred your character to the PS4/XB1 versions from the PS3/360 versions, you will be able to transfer your character from PS4/XB1 to the PC version.

Next Gen Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DBrG2YjqQA

Next Gen Trailer 2: "A Picket Fence and a Dog Named Skip"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PeTsPd8Opk

The PS4/XB1/PC versions also have a first-person mode. While previous GTA games have had first-person look, you can now move around, fire guns, drive vehicles, use your phone to take selfies, etc. in first-person. And Rockstar have created all new animations for this mode, so it's not just a no-effort addition! It's actually a completely new and different way to experience the game. Trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oFmRN0oadI

PS3/PS4 Visual Comparison Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fng-OaFeeO0

PS4 Launch Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBvMSP7cI-Q

[b]PC Launch Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPJ8LT_48RU

Direct link to the 1080p60FPS version of the trailer for the PC version from Rockstar's site.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:siren: FAQ Section :siren:

Is there a PC version on the way? :pcgaming:

Yep! It's out now, finally.

System specs:

quote:

Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Can my dogshit laptop from 5 years ago run this game? :negative:

Check this poo poo out:

I heard something about Rockstar Social Club accounts being hacked. What's that about/what can I do? :smithicide:
:siren: Change your password ASAP! :siren:

Justin Credible posted:

Just to keep this in the ongoing knowledge - PC Rockstar Social Club accounts are being hacked for days now, Rockstar is saying jack poo poo about it, I checked the pastebin of around 200 accounts and I wasn't on there, and had my account swiped. There are threads everywhere but the relatively small number (looks like around 5000 now) of accounts compromised. There are glitches that can boot you and say you were signed in elsewhere - or it can also mean your account is hacked. They will change the email to a .ru account, change the name, and you will be locked out. Don't get any response but form ones from Rockstar support, and the hacker has access to your account and can delete your tickets anyway, because it will register them under that login.

Relevant things -

http://gtaforums.com/topic/786847-warning-change-your-rsgsc-password-now/
http://www.eteknix.com/gta-v-user-accounts-hacked/
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/social-club-accounts-being-hacked-change-your-password.1316498/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/611703999976084852

For reference, I was personally using a nine-digit password with upper and lower case, numbers, and symbols. There is some kind of vulnerability being exploited. There is no verification step needed to change the email or password, as long as you know the current password. Rockstar says nothing. Please spread the word, and hopefully if this happens to you, you can change your account before you lose the ability to play on the PC entirely, for a game you forked over good money for.

What is the best (currently available) version of the game to get?:
PC, then PS4, then Xbox One, then 360/PS3 in that order. It depends on what you have. If you have a good gaming PC, obviously get it for PC as that's the best version of the game period. If you don't have a good gaming computer but have a 360, get it for 360.

But if you plan on getting the 360 version:

What's this I hear about installing GTAV and problems installing it on 360?
There's a mandatory 8GB install for the game on PS3/360. This should take between 10-20 minutes for most users.

On the PS3, the game comes on one disc, so the mandatory install is all that's required. However, on the 360, in addition to the mandatory install, there is the option to install the other disc (Play disc) to the hard drive, as is an option with a lot of disc based 360 games for faster load times, less wear on the DVD drive, etc. Several users found that installing the Play disc to the same storage device as the mandatory install caused low framerates, graphical glitches, etc.

If you plan on installing the Play disc, install it to a separate storage device than the one you used for the mandatory install. So use a USB stick or something. You're going to want to get at least a 16GB USB stick, and don't worry about whether or not the stick has USB 3.0 because the 360 doesn't have USB 3.0 ports and can't benefit from a USB 3.0 drive's faster speed.

How long does the story take to beat?
I've beaten the game 3 times, and between all of my playthroughs, I'd estimate that it takes 25-30 hours to finish the main story and more than that if you decide to do all the side missions.

What's this I hear about a torture scene? :barf:
In one of the FIB missions for the main story, you play as Trevor and have to torture a guy for information. You get a gas can to waterboard the guy with gasoline, wrench to hit him in the knees with, car battery to clamp to his nipples and shock him with, and pliers to pull out one of his teeth with.

Yeah, it's controversial. We know. GTA as a series is and always has been controversial for a lot of reasons, and this is just one more to add to the list.

What song plays during Michael's mission in which your son drugs your drink and you go on a crazy trip where you fly throughout the city while colors explode all around you?
The C90s - Shine A Light (Flight Facilities Remix)

This can be found on the Radio Mirror Park station.

Don't watch this video if you don't want to be spoiled for the mission in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tsM_uY_fKw

What's the song from the trailer?
The Chain Gang Of 1974 - Sleepwalking

This can be found on the Radio Mirror Park station.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8puEIliGOg

I heard Kavinsky has his own radio station in this game. Is that true? That's awesome!
No, sadly that was just a rumor :smith: Yeah, it really would have been awesome. However, there is a Flying Lotus station in the game that rules.

Is Michael's son Jimmy voiced by Jonah Hill?
No. It does sound a lot like him, but it's actually young Pete from Pete & Pete. The actor's name is Danny Tamberelli.

If you replay heist missions, can you select the alternate route and experiment with different crew members?
Yes, but you don't receive any of the awards.

I heard you can take selfies in this game. Is that true?
Yes. Open up the camera on your phone and then click the right stick to go into Self Portrait mode.

What cheats are available for this game?
Lots! Vehicle spawns, temporary invincibility, explosive melee attacks, replenish health/armor/weapons/ammo, etc.

There's a list on GameFAQs.

Unfortunately, unlike in GTAIV, once you enter these cheats the first time, they won't save to your phone, so you'll have to enter them each time you want to use them.

When should I do the assassination missions?
If you want to net over a billion dollars from them, then wait until after you complete the game. Follow this guide to get the maximum amount of money:

quote:

Make sure to quicksave before you answer the phone just in case you make a mistake. You can always restart!

Step 1: Invest in Debonaire before the mission. After the mission pull out of Debonaire and then INVEST in Redwood!!!! My Return = 300%

Step 2: Invest in Fruit shares before the mission and cashout afterwards! My Return = 50%

Step 3: Invest in Vapid AFTER you complete the mission. Cash out when you made your cut! My Return = 100%

Step 4: Invest in Gold Coast Development before the mission and pullout afterwards! My Return = 80%

After you do all of that, then

Go to hitch lift 1 with Michael (I saw someone do it with Franklin though) to pick the guy up. He should tell you about an increase in stock on the way to the airport. Before you pick the guy up though make sure all of your characters are invested in Tinkle stocks.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Did this myself yesterday, between doing that and distracting myself on the internet, took about an hour to do. Walked away with about 1.8 Billion for each character. The one thing I'd recommend doing that this guide failed to mention is doing the sleep/save cycle thing at a hideout 3-4 times to get the maximum return on your investment.

Bum The Sad posted:

Regarding the stock market assassination money making. IGN has this to say about the Vice assassination where you invest in Fruit.

IGN posted:

2. After the Vice assassination, once you've sold your Fruit stock, immediately buy stock in Facade. Again, wait 36 - 48 game hours and the stock will bounce back up for 100% profit.

The part about Facade isn't in the OP. I think it's similar to the cigarette one where you invest in the rival debonaire and tank the redwood stock. Then the redwood stock rebounds like crazy.

Bum The Sad posted:

Ooooo I discovered another trick to it just now. Since these stocks are on BAWSDAQ which is the online one. The game has to artificially manipulate it for the mission. But one thing the game does is reset the stock market after you load the game. Facade was at like $650 real online price before the crash and crashed to like $350 but rebounded to $520 and would not budge higher which is a 33% return which gives you the 100% listed on IGN. i.e. You get a 50% on Fruit and then multiply that gain by the 33% from Facade. (I.e $100 x 50% = $150 x 33% = $200)

Butttt remember how I said loading resets the mission manipulations? Well after realizing what the gently caress was going on after I cashed out Fruit and bought Facade I saved and reloaded which returned Facade to the real online price of $650 giving me a 66% instead of the games intended 33% for a total of a $150% return!

Where do the cars spawn for Michael's Epsilon missions?

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 21, 2015

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What would y'all most like to see put in the FAQ? I've got some ideas but I'm taking suggestions and then I'll edit it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

poo poo, I really need to play this game as the next game in the Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX series that we never got. I think the second one even had a Suicidal Tendencies song in it just like GTAV does!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BitBasher posted:

Have they officially said anything about adding new landmasses in GTA:O?

I would kill for a San Fierro or more importantly Las Venturas of this caliber.
I don't think they have, and even if they did, I don't think it would be reasonable to expect entire cities on the scale of Los Santos being added to the game later, as cool as that would be.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

tooooooo bad posted:

This should really be in the OP.

e: btw doing a later part of the Epsilon chain right now of course Michael comments on how ridiculous this poo poo is as you're sleeping for ten days straight.
I'll add it but I have no idea what this is about :downs: I'm guessing it's a side mission I haven't played yet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So after beating the game, I finally had enough money and bought the Buzzard attack chopper. It's reeeeeally hard to fly, and I hate this target in the distance poo poo. I'm just starting out with it, but it feels impossible to go on a rampage with it like I did with the Hunter in previous GTA games :smith:

Maybe it'll get easier the more I practice. And it should definitely be easier in the eventual PC version, I would think.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lady blue shanghai posted:

Trevor really is despicable.
That's why he's the most fun to play :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wow. Doing the Strangers And Freaks mission at Trevor's trailer where his mom comes back from being in jail and reduces him to a sniveling child :stare:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Feenix posted:

I thought people said there was a barber in the sandy shores desert area with more poo poo for Franklin, I went to the one near Trevor's spot and it was the same stuff as every other...

What gives?
I was just about to ask a similar question:

Are there really only 4 hairstyles and 3 beard styles available to Trevor in the entire game world? I'm at the barber shop in Paleto Bay, one I've never been to before, hoping to try out some new hair on Trevor, but it's just the same styles as everywhere else :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well poo poo, when Trevor meets Mary Ann is much better than when Franklin meets her :swoon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just finished Barry's mission where you smoke the laced weed and start seeing aliens and have to kill them all with a minigun as Michael. I also did Trevor's evil clown version of that earlier on. Does Franklin have a different version as well?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Added :) For anyone looking for locations for collectibles/side missions/random events/property/etc., check this link in the OP.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dragonatrix posted:

For what it's worth, these are all on the social club (with the added bonus of letting you know which ones you have and haven't got yet) and properties are all indicated very clearly on the in-game map anyway.
Oh yeah, I know. Just a bunch of people have asked questions related to that stuff in this thread and the last one, so this should help cut back on that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr.Oblivious posted:

:siren:This is a spoiler regarding haircuts; it will blow your mind.:siren:

If you shave any of the characters' head, their hair will start to grow back after several in-game weeks.
:stare: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Does it grow back into their default hairstyle?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, Rampage 5: Neutralize 20 Killer Hipsters :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, gently caress the Ruiner. It handles like poo poo. I fully modded that thing and took it out in a race and I lost like 3 times in a row because I kept spinning out over stupid mistakes that any other car could recover from like a champ <:mad:>

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Nerolus posted:

If you want to add this to the op, I see this question all over the place.

How do you rob stores?
You can't pull out your gun inside stores, so you've gotta whip your gun out when you're standing outside the shop, aim it at the clerk and while holding aim, walk through the door and point it at them. Shooting the clerk is optional. The police will be called regardless. Shoot the cash registers and a money bag will pop out behind the counter. Grab the cash and get away from the cops. If you take too long, the cops will show up outside and poo poo will hit the fan.
I'd add it to the OP, but the only store robberies I've done have involved me holding up the clerk at gunpoint :confused:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I only have 3 missions available for Franklin right now and none for Michael or Trevor. For Franklin, the only mission I can see for him on the map is a big green area marked "Weed Stash". When I go to it, nothing happens. What am I supposed to do for that mission? And is it a whole chain of missions? Because there should be 2 more on the map otherwise, right?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Christ, does wanted level come back after you've lost the cops if they spot you in a stolen car? :stare:

Because this has happened to me twice in the last 10 minutes or so: I'll steal a car, lose the cops, have no wanted level, drive somewhere far away, happen to drive next to a cop and my wanted level comes back. And I didn't kill anyone or hit any cop cars either time to become wanted.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

You've gotta find the vehicle with the weed stash in the area. If you get close to it it'll let you know.
Finished the mission. Thanks! :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DrNutt posted:

I just realized the thread title should be 'you ain't gotta like it but the hood gon' love it.' Missed opportunity, OP.
Haha, awww man, that is a good one! I'm sorry :shobon:

Or it could've been something about proto-hipsters too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm playing GTA5 with the sound off while I listen to (and occasionally watch) the Breaking Bad marathon on AMC in the background, and every time the show gets quiet, I get to hear my PS3's hard drive constantly spinning, even when I'm doing something basic like driving around with no wanted level and not saving. Jesus, it's like this game never gives the hard drive a break.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ughhhhhh, how do I beat the race against Mary Ann down the beach mission as Michael? I keep accidentally clicking the left stick and going into hide mode and losing the split second lead I have on her :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Baron FU posted:

Skip across the grass. Block her whenever possible. And don't press the left stick. She's not that hard if you just want to finish the mission.

The Casualty posted:

Don't do that, I suppose. She's perfectly beatable unless you have lovely stamina. The first time I tried was really early in the game. Michael had crap for stamina and I ended up draining his health enough to make him faint about 8 feet from the finish line and lose by inches.
:lol: I just beat it by literally less than a split second, and that was even with falling down the stairs once or twice :downs:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

cugel posted:

You can also cheat by jumping the fence at the start and she will complain about it.
Yeah, that's what I did. I also used up all of Michael's special move, though I don't really think that did anything because she was right behind me after it disengaged.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is there a guide of all the missions that count for the character switch menu? Because I have none available for Michael and Trevor, but Franklin has 1. I've done all available story missions, Strangers and Freaks missions, street races, some sea races, some triathlons, etc. So there's 1 mission left and I have no idea what it is. There's nothing obvious on my map that would indicate an available mission, either.

If there is, I'll put it in the OP, because I'm sure other people will wonder about this at some point as well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aurain posted:

You've called Tonya? That seems the be a stickler for that. Try checking the Social Club site too.
Just did that per your recommendation. Tonya did have a mission for me, and I did it, but it wasn't that 1 left on the character switcher, so I basically did one of those lame tow truck missions for nothing :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dewgy posted:

You have tow truck missions up until you buy the place, so keep it up!
They're so boring, though! :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bought like $20,000 worth of Piswasser shares because why not!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Okay, now I'm done all the missions for all of the characters (for now, at least) and I'm at 75% complete.

That silhouette at the bottom of the character switcher...is that going to be for launching GTA:Online?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Capn Beeb posted:

:ducksiren: new cheat time :ducksiren:

Super Jump
PS3: left, left, Triangle, Triangle, right, right, Left, Right, Square, R1, R2.
XBOX: left, left, y, y, right, right, left, right, x, rb, rt
Just tried this out. It's more like a Prototype/Saints Row 4 upgraded character type jump rather than a Crysis edited config file jump, which is sort of disappointing for a cheat, but it's still really fun. I'm trying out on the beach right now (where I just woke up), but I need to try it in the city.

If you hit anything while coming down, the fall damage doesn't seem to be any worse than a regular jump.

e: Hahaha, if you're around a lot of people when you do this, they all turn around and stare at you when you reach the ground and they talk about you like you're a superhero.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 28, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stare-Out posted:

Ahahaha this + attack is the best thing.
Hahahaha I just tried this. It's just as fantastic as I hoped it would be :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The cheats don't carry over into GTA: Online, do they? Because it would be hilarious to see people doing this during multiplayer free foam.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

anuj posted:

Apparently they found a bunch of cheats including invincibility for five minutes.

http://gtavox.com/cheats/

Capn Beeb posted:

Five minutes only? Man come on with that poo poo.
For real. Why only five minutes? That's lame. Still, I'm excited to try that out later.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is the one that sounds like an old alarm clock going off on speed, isn't it? I'm just guessing from the title, I haven't actually listened to it yet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DrNutt posted:

You ain't gotta like it cause the hood gon' love it.
The more I hear that line, the more I wish I had used it for the thread title :smith:

Wonder if the mods might grant that request...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Creepy Goat posted:

Rockstar openly said to expect a shitstorm of bugs, crashes, downtime and constant patches for several weeks after Online launch. So I dunno, maybe playable around November?
For as much content as they've teased will be in GTA:O, yeah, that's to be expected. And I'm actually fine with that if GTA:O delivers.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

To be fair, hasn't everyone ever been in an episode of Law & Order or one of its spinoffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lucid Delusion posted:

Checked the market (PS3 Bawsaq) and PIS is almost $8 a share now. I'm really hoping we can get at least another day out of this stock.
So once it's gone way up, do you sell all your shares in order to get a return on them?

• Locked thread