Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Which radio station is the best for blimpin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The show "Beyond Insemination" on Blaine County Radio is amazing. I love Danny McBride.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Final Dom mission spoilers: So after finishing all the parachute jumps I got a final mission with Dom where it seems like I'm supposed to stop him from jumping off the dam. Every time I do it he jumps off and dies and I pass the mission with a 50%. How do I 100% this one?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Pleads posted:

How the hell do you trigger that last mission? loving thing won't show up for me.

I finished the last few parachute challenges with Trevor and then when I went to switch people, Franklin had a 1 on his picture.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Metanaut posted:

I wish people would stop posting every goddamn character transition they stumble upon. You know that feeling you got when it came as a total surprise to you? You're taking that away from others.

I think I've had every one of them spoiled for me by now and I'm carefully avoiding all black bars.

There is no way that kid isn't the biggest little poo poo imaginable.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Is it just me or do the gun running missions at the airstrip get annoyingly difficult once you get the achievement? I was in the area and wanted to make a quick buck so I did the ground one and it puts the airdrop on the opposite side of the Alamo Sea where I have absolutely zero chance of catching the rival gang. I can't even get close enough to kill them until they're about 20 seconds from making the drop, then I get chased back by a helicopter that was able to kill me from full health in less time than it took me to take down the chopper with a minigun.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I am an idiot who lands a helicopter and then runs into the tail rotor and dies.

I know it's reasonable that the characters change clothes while you aren't playing as them, but it sure does make one of Michael's Epsilon missions a real pain in the rear end.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

A c E posted:

Yeah I'm getting annoyed with constantly correcting their clothes. Everyone must ALWAYS wear a suit in my game. ALWAYS.

I don't even mind that they change, but there is a mission where Michael has to wear some Epsilon robes for 10 cumulative days and it's hard to do that if he changes into his lovely pool clothes every time I switch.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

These loving stunt jumps are giving me more trouble than any of the other 100% criteria

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Just hit a 180 in darts with Trevor. He shouts "OOOONE HUNDRED AND EEIIIIIIIIGGHTYYYYY!!!" like that one British announcer. Holy poo poo this owns.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The final street race is kinda bullshit. I keep losing because there are hills that you have to jump to keep pace but you can't see over them so I always jump into crossing traffic and die because I have to be on a motorcycle. And then I don't get to retry until the next night because if you get wasted you have to go to the hospital. ugh.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Just got 100% and holy poo poo did I die on stunt jumps a lot.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The Casualty posted:

Could you try angling the camera differently or using a wider zoom? When I'm bombing up or down hills I tilt the camera up a bit so the car doesn't block my LOS. I'd imagine zooming your view all the way out would make it even better. If you still look like you're about to hit something then pop Franklin's ability and use the extra maneuvering and damage resistance.

I ended up just taking it a bit slower and only using Franklin's special in emergencies and tight gaps rather than using it to take corners at full speed. Thanks, though.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

So I'm doing the part where Michael has to wear the Epsilon robes for 10 days and I'm about 95% sure that I've done it but I haven't gotten a notification or a new mission. I got the 9 day notification a couple of real life days ago so I don't know what the gently caress.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

SectumSempra posted:

The musics more bland and repetitive then it has been in any GTA before.
I disliked 4 and thought it had a better reggae station, the little 3 second quips the djs have aren't enough to change the fact that they hired a bunch of music nerds as interns to handle every station or something.

We have a soulwax station (nothing against em, love some of their remixes. im ok with this station)
and a station that has an extremely random mix of bland pop music of the past 30 years. (not ok with this)
The talk stations last for about 20 minutes and one is only accessible on half the map.

The ambient music deserved a station more then some of the radio stations did.
I'm only so adamant about it because I've tried more and more stations only to find myself more and more surprised at how they either spent no money here or really only cared to cater towards music nerds(being a music nerd isn't an insult and even a music nerd knows not everyone enjoys their music)

Also add me to team, the wanted system sucks and team cars survive longer then MC's do

West Coast Classics is amazing though.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I'm slightly disappointed that stealing a food truck doesn't give you the option to do food truck missions.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Wasco Jr. posted:

What good ways are there to make money post story?

Scrapyard seems decent

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Income from the Car Scrapyard apparently caps at $5000 per week. gently caress this poo poo.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Rhonne posted:

I guess they did that so people wouldn't just replay Trevor's rampage missions over and over again, blowing up cars for hours to get an insane amount of income.

I've been doing this poo poo the hard way, parking buses in high traffic areas and losing the cops after I blow up a bunch of cars, and a week of that is only enough to cover 1 hospital visit. loving bullshit.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Pleads posted:

Goddamn is the final mission of the Epsilon program cathartic.

Michael did some donuts on their front lawn after celebrating his refund.

poo poo, I just followed orders and got a lovely old tractor

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

So does GTA:O go online tonight at midnight, or what's the deal there?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

So Ammu-Nation stock was up in the 700s a few days ago but I'm seeing it at 363 right now on the 360. Should I get in?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

"Go to the Race Trigger"

I have been standing in the race trigger for like 15 minutes and nothing has happened. I quit out the first time because it people kept leaving the race and now I just can't do anything.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Okay I can trigger the race now but it sends me to a blurry image of the LS skyline and says "Waiting for other players" but the other players never come :(

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Well now, instead of Waiting on Other Players, I've got Launching session, so maybe that's progress.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Yesterday I merely couldn't get online. Today I can't even switch away from Michael.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

So if I'm on "Launching session" but it's showing my character standing next to a bunch of other characters who sometimes appear or disappear and it has the heading (Settings, Players, Details), is there a chance I'll actually get to do the race or am I still hosed?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Does the government shutdown have anything to do with this? Thanks, Obama!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

I just realized how amazing Ron is on his radio show. I didn't even put it together that it was him in the first place.

It's no Beyond Insemination but it's pretty good. Blaine County Radio rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I finally got through the tutorial race!

And now I'm stuck on Cypress Flats LTS :smith:

e: poo poo didn't realize there was a GTA:O thread

• Locked thread