Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Imgur uploading has been getting an invalid client id error lately

I put 2 and 2 together just now, turns out I used the debug api key for the release :doh:. Should fix itself with the next update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
Bug report (I'm assuming): If in a thread, you do a 'Show Only Posts by User' you get taken to a list of posts in the thread etc. If you then try and link to a post you found using that view, it does not. For example, a user has 12 pages of posts in a thread with 1000 posts. If you link to a post on Page 8 of his 12 pages, it instead links you to page 8 of 1000 posts and the corresponding post number. Sorry for the vague description.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sereri posted:

I put 2 and 2 together just now, turns out I used the debug api key for the release :doh:. Should fix itself with the next update.

Thx dude. Don't want to just complain, the app is awesome in general.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Ceros_X posted:

Bug report (I'm assuming): If in a thread, you do a 'Show Only Posts by User' you get taken to a list of posts in the thread etc. If you then try and link to a post you found using that view, it does not. For example, a user has 12 pages of posts in a thread with 1000 posts. If you link to a post on Page 8 of his 12 pages, it instead links you to page 8 of 1000 posts and the corresponding post number. Sorry for the vague description.

That might be forums behaviour.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm not going to go so far to call this a bug report at this time as it could just be an issue with my connection and/or phone.

But does anyone else ever have issues when downloading an images where it just doesn't seem to start?

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 15, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zurtilik posted:

I'm not going to go so far to call this a bug report at this time as it could just be an issue with my connection and/or phone.

But does anyone else ever have issues when downloading an images where it just doesn't seem to start?

I definitely see this sporadically, but I've always assumed it was most likely on imgur/twitter's end or my connection was already slow in general.

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
holy poo poo it's faster. thanks for the awesome placebo dude.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Would it be possible to organize a bribe to make icon pack makers include an Awful icon? It just bothers me that it never matches the rest of my homescreen and there don't seem to be any popular frog-based apps I could easily use as a substitute.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

YggiDee posted:

Would it be possible to organize a bribe to make icon pack makers include an Awful icon? It just bothers me that it never matches the rest of my homescreen and there don't seem to be any popular frog-based apps I could easily use as a substitute.

Have you considered a staredog instead

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It still doesn't match any of my fancy icon packs!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I have a perfect icon for SA on my phone

astral
Apr 26, 2004

disguised as a weather app...well done

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

YggiDee posted:

Last time I tried icon packs, they had a bribe function built into the respective app where you could "ask them to prioritize" the icon for a certain app. Maybe try that?

Party Boat posted:

I have a perfect icon for SA on my phone

I know where you live now, garbage can boy (and/or girl)

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

You know where my weather app thinks I live.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Sereri posted:

Last time I tried icon packs, they had a bribe function built into the respective app where you could "ask them to prioritize" the icon for a certain app. Maybe try that?

I know where you live now, garbage can boy (and/or girl)

I actually did that! I've sent multiple requests to different icon packs, and I sent Vertumus :fivecbux: last year and it didn't work, and nobody else is getting my money now. I usually just end up using the skull icon from Shadowgun because literally every icon pack has it.

(This is all just freeform bitching anyway, I love the app I just spend way to much time tweaking KLWP for that ~perfect homescreen~)

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Roosevelt posted:

is this new, or am i just out of touch?

You know what to do.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I mean, there is already such an option if you long press the thread but I think it might make sense to move it to the in-thread menu

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Hello! Uhh it isn't a huge issue and doesn't really matter, but my android phone highlights random BYOB threads as pink.

There doesn't seem to be any commonality to the pink threads, and when I refresh different threads turn pink. When I go into the pink thread it looks normal.

Anyway, thought it might be of interest :)

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
I had a theory that Jeffrey was pranking us, but it's not happening on my desktop. (And not on the app either, for me.)

Semi-related: On a lark I went and checked and sure enough there's an app in the Microsoft store (it's called "Awful Forums Reader"). It, uhh... needs work, as I can't log in. The spinner just keeps going. Also it's loving ugly.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Now they've turned white

I'm trying to work out if there's something those threads have in common, but this doesn't have new replies and it's just chilling there :confused:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It looks even better if you've got a dark theme as then random threads in other forums get highlighted pink too and pink on black is rad

I hope it never gets fixed

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
hi

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Chewbecca posted:

Hello! Uhh it isn't a huge issue and doesn't really matter, but my android phone highlights random BYOB threads as pink.

There doesn't seem to be any commonality to the pink threads, and when I refresh different threads turn pink. When I go into the pink thread it looks normal.

Anyway, thought it might be of interest :)

That happens sometimes when you cross the four letter forum streams. The thread list tends to recycle entries out of view instead of creating new ones. And sometimes it does that with entries that were from a different forum. Woops.

:wave:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Ah the app is calling me out for lurking FYAD lol :ninja:

And after I posted in this thread they turned white so I guess it's :ms:

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I really love this app, thanks for making and maintaining it! Is there a chance that the upcoming changes in the foundation of the forums will gently caress everything up?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

We've already had minor things break since the new management took over but most were easy to fix. Due to the way the app percieves the website, most things would be easily mendable. In addition, they have already made efforts to make sure that we are aware of changes so that we can fix stuff if anything breaks. The main thing is tough that Jeffrey already made it clear that he intends to keep the current software and build upon that. This should ensure that we don't have to start from scratch but can built upon the lovecraftian horror that is our codebase.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Thanks for the comprehensive answer, it's a real relief! This app is the only way I interact with SA so I'd have been real bummed if it broke permanently. Any way to throw you a couple of bucks when money gets less tight?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

This is also the only way I interact with the forums these days. I know it's early, but have you considered a more official status of the app? Like, making it part of the SA package and being part of the (paid?) team? Presumably, this could also eliminate some workarounds in the long run.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
there's a web page?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Is the highlight your own posts setting broken because mines on but it's not working

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Why is there a blank post above mine?

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Maybe now the SA web server can get an API that returns json and scraping HTML in the app can be made obsolete.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I just realized the app's imgur uploader refuses to work with .webp images despite imgur itself hosting them. Is that something that might be an easy fix for some update?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So thanks to Astral's work and QCS input there's now a Teal, Green, and Purple bookmark colour selection. Any chance of getting the app updated to reflect that?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Well it needs to since this breaks the feature slightly.

Thanks Oastral

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sereri posted:

Well it needs to since this breaks the feature slightly.

Thanks Oastral

Well, at least they still show up on the Android app. On the iOS version bookmarks with the new colours just straight up disappeared lol

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Welp, after pushing an update to the app I reread astrals comment and it's apparently when you have experimental features enabled.
If you're in the beta you might want to enable this for now if you use this. Whoops.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Maybe we could export the number of categories somewhere and you could use that? They it'd work seamlessly if we tweak this again.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

My vote is "push the bookmark colors live for everyone instead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe we could export the number of categories somewhere and you could use that? They it'd work seamlessly if we tweak this again.
While the colors could be based on the stars (we do that for the forum tags), they're currently hardcoded. Unless you constantly change the number however, this is probably easier.

astral posted:

My vote is "push the bookmark colors live for everyone instead"

+1 👍