Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The gif in the current announcement doesn't play inline, and tapping on it just opens it in browser, doesn't bring up the usual image options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

wfm

them pencils be drawin

LastInLine
Mar 15, 2006

Why stay in the Cape when you can be in the WAVE?

Yeah it's animating just fine for me as well.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Yeah without looking I'm guessing that we apply the thread parsing but no JavaScript on the view.

Might make sense to stop replacing gifs on announcements regardless of settings.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Version: Latest from Play Store, Android 11

Bug: Avatars with escaped HTML parse (some of) the HTML, do strange things with other parts, apply it to the rest of the page

Description: Avatar which contains <font size=+2 color=#2266bc><font size=+0> contains other elements which are blanked until screenshotted, increases font size for rest of page

Sample: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486446&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=196#post422173710 produces , except (and for obvious reasons I have no convenient way to take a picture of this) the image and blue avatar text do not appear until the Android screenshot function is invoked. Every remaining post, including the username/post time bar, also has increased font size.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Mandoric posted:

Bug: Avatars with escaped HTML parse (some of) the HTML, do strange things with other parts, apply it to the rest of the page

Description: Avatar which contains <font size=+2 color=#2266bc><font size=+0> contains other elements which are blanked until screenshotted, increases font size for rest of page

Sample: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486446&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=196#post422173710 produces , except (and for obvious reasons I have no convenient way to take a picture of this) the image and blue avatar text do not appear until the Android screenshot function is invoked. Every remaining post, including the username/post time bar, also has increased font size.

Weird. My screenshot looks exactly like the loaded post to me with no changes. I even tried to capture the thumbnail of the first screenshot in the second because for some reason I thought that would prove something.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Mandoric posted:

I get the exact same thing when I click on the link, Android 11 on stock Pixel 4a 5g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Let's just say that this is not supposed to happen.

Lets see if Google still takes a week to review updates