Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

.14 is only out for beta testers right now, I'll push it to the rest later today unless someone notices their phone exploding or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Sereri posted:

.14 is only out for beta testers right now, I'll push it to the rest later today unless someone notices their phone exploding or something.

Big risk here of someone's phone exploding and them not noticing... :thunk:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Who amongst us hasn't failed to notice their phone exploding at least once? Happens to the best of us

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Search is back and phone not exploded, thanks :toot:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

On beta and search is indeed back. No explosions or fire balls as of yet.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
This is a minor feature request: With the imgur upload option, can it default to choosing a picture from my phone instead of a URL? It would save me like two whole taps! Thanks either way.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

vortmax posted:

This is a minor feature request: With the imgur upload option, can it default to choosing a picture from my phone instead of a URL? It would save me like two whole taps! Thanks either way.

It's already there as an option, click on it to change to image instead of URL

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nashona posted:

It's already there as an option, click on it to change to image instead of URL

Right, the request is not to have to click

And I second it, although I admit it's extremely minor

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I don't think I've ever used the url option

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I don't think I've ever used the non-url option.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Selecting a default is something I've thought would be a nice little addition, I use direct upload 95% of the time.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I have wanted this exact thing as well.

And it is 100% because I'm too stupid to get proper URLs from googled images.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

My dream is a toggle to disable auto refresh of the thread list. Also a fix for the thing where you get sent back to the top of the page if you fullscreen a video.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Search is back! SEARCH IS BACK! Thank you! Woohoo!

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

The Bloop posted:

I misread my bad. but having the image be default vs. url would be amazeballs

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hyperlynx posted:

Search is back! SEARCH IS BACK! Thank you! Woohoo!

This! Love the app an the Devs :roboluv:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I'd just like to mention how much I enjoy the update notes

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Search is back! Thanks!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Love me app. Love me devs. Simple as

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I accidentally hit always share to a certain app just now while spreading the love from the cursed images thread because I am a buffoon. How do I reset that behaviour?

Also, thank you for the app, it's great.

My one wish would be that it captured forum links from discord.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I would love to have a feature that would allow me to max all timgs on a page instead of having to tap on them one after the other.

Would be great in image heavy threads.

Edit: checked the settings and ofc the feature is already there. Love the app. L

ephex fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 26, 2022

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

ephex posted:

Edit: checked the settings and ofc the feature is already there. Love the app. L

:aaaaa:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

ephex posted:

I would love to have a feature that would allow me to max all timgs on a page instead of having to tap on them one after the other.

As if we would miss the opportunity to have an unnecessary option

Hexenritter posted:

I accidentally hit always share to a certain app just now while spreading the love from the cursed images thread because I am a buffoon. How do I reset that behaviour?

Also, thank you for the app, it's great.

My one wish would be that it captured forum links from discord.

I think that is something that is controlled by the system. Try going into the system settings for that app, i think there should be an option to reset it.

As for the second thing, that exists and works automatically pre-Android 11. Higher than that, you can go into Awful's system settings and add forums.somethingawful.com to the supported links. i think it's under open by default or something like that.
Unfortunately we are not an official app, we would need to put some file in the forums filesystem to prove that and Astral was hesitant to do that for the Awful.app people so I didn't ask.
You can do it by hand but be aware it will reset with every update.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

If we're making requests, I'd like a feature that makes me a better poster.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Sereri posted:

As if we would miss the opportunity to have an unnecessary option

I think that is something that is controlled by the system. Try going into the system settings for that app, i think there should be an option to reset it.

I'm poking around in there now, haven't found it yet, but

quote:

As for the second thing, that exists and works automatically pre-Android 11

I did find this in the systems app settings under defaults. Thank you.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

cruft posted:

Done.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Oh this disable timgs setting is beautiful :swoon:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

cruft posted:

Make a "better poster mode" setting that disables all post and quote buttons.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Hexenritter posted:

I'm poking around in there now, haven't found it yet, but

I did find this in the systems app settings under defaults. Thank you.

It's in the same place where you selected the url for part 2, just in the settings of the app you selected. There is a button below to remove all "open in this app" settings for that app.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Ultra Carp

ephex posted:

:wth:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Version: 3.8.14

Using search for: username:"Toshimo" swan in forum Traditional Games.

No results returned.

Web client returns several.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Sereri posted:

It's in the same place where you selected the url for part 2, just in the settings of the app you selected. There is a button below to remove all "open in this app" settings for that app.

I have
"open supported links"
"Supported web addresses"
And in its own bit below,
"Clear defaults"

But the button to clear defaults is grayed out.

And yet now it's working fine.

Amazing!

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 28, 2022

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

App not working on Android tonight?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Is there a way to get rid of the little banner that shows up when you're reading one posters posts in a thread? It's mildly annoying for LPs and stuff

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My 6 gig/mo mobile plan doesn't go as far as it used to back in 2013, so I've got images set to load on WiFi only and all tweet/video embeds turned off. Is there a way to have the latter selectable between always embed / embed on WiFi only / never embed, same as loading images?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Phy posted:

My 6 gig/mo mobile plan doesn't go as far as it used to back in 2013

I have no idea what the mobile market is like where you are but I basically reminded my provider I was alive (didn't even mention cancelling or having a better offer) and they immediately upgraded my £12 per month plan from 4GB to 40GB

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Wild. I get 1GB a month and I never even use it all

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Party Boat posted:

I have no idea what the mobile market is like where you are but I basically reminded my provider I was alive (didn't even mention cancelling or having a better offer) and they immediately upgraded my £12 per month plan from 4GB to 40GB

Canada, so the mobile market is loving awful, and even at 6 gigs, what I'm paying for what I'm getting is a decent deal (if not the absolute smoker it was in 2013)

I don't want to remind those jackwagons that I exist at all.

E: it's a decent deal for Canada, I'm sure there's people here who would throttle someone for a 12gig for 12£ plan.

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 11, 2022

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I suppose a "disable embeds on data" option shouldn't be too hard.
Years ago I had an idea to have basically 2 checkboxes for every setting (that matter for this), one for data and one for wifi, but it wasn't feasible then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

This happens after viewing a single person's posts in that thread. Tapping it sends me to the op of that thread. It can be cleared by manually going to the last page of the thread.

I hadn't seen this one before.