Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The app keeps asking for my SA credentials. Sometimes it acts normally until I try to reply to a thread (nearly 100% failure) or open a bookmarked thread (25% failure).

I have to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it working properly over and over. Galaxy Note 3 running CyanogenMod 12 (latest updates).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Is this a feature request thread too? I'm a huge fan of the app, but one irritation I have is that pasting a YouTube link is a drat nightmare. Is it in the cards to have the app auto parse youtu.be links?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://youtu.be/QXvxaBYRMLM

Hmmm what an I don't wrong?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

verbal enema posted:

I like the new icon and the new reply interface feels much cleaner

Reply is the best feature; the rest of the app is pretty much perfect for my uses.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nth Doctor posted:

Dark theme best theme. fite me.

You spell amberpos weird

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Yobgoblin posted:

here's my issue

Nowadays everybody want to talk like they got something to say but nothing comes out they move their lips just a bunch of gibberish, don't give a gently caress about that if the are see Dre.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh thank God. I just came here to check love the app.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I love how this thread consistently finds a new issue to dog pile onto. A month ago it was the announcement notification.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

vortmax posted:

I haven't had it happen with this app, but I've had a few other apps lately that seem to randomly open for no reason.

I honestly was planning to factory reset my phone because I figured it somehow got infected, but maybe this will help. Oh well, I've got nothing better to do today if not.

If it's just a permissions thing, you can reset all of you permissions in the Apps settings tab

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Is there an easy way to share GIFV or WEBM if I have embedding enabled? Like with images and GIF (and even embedded tweets) can tap it and the share menu pops up, but the same doesn't happen with WEBM and GIFV.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Hey how do we send you beer money?

Your app is better than some avatars I've had.

Also is still kill for a GIFV/WEBM share button somehow. Even putting the link below the picture would work as tapping it would still bring up the share menu.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm gonna repeat my request for MP4 and GIFV link sharing menus. The quote trick is too clunky and overrides my last read count. Also it keeps trying to copy part of the bbcode tags.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Still begging for a GIFV/MP4 share menu.

Still love the app.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Truly love app, still requesting GIFV/MP4 link sharing fixed.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
How come Awful fails to download Imgur images from the image menu? What can I do to fix it?

No other images fail to download, only Imgur ones. Usually there's a two minute delay after tapping "Download Image" then a notification saying it failed. The images have no problem loading in the thread.

Also still always requesting gifv/mp4 sharing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Scaramouche posted:

Am I just on crack or are apostrophes showing up all weird as of today?

Test'ing

Same.
They look like this: �

code:

�

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Using amberpos

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

asecondduck posted:

Just got a Pixel 3 XL and was slightly disappointed to learn that this app doesn't have a troll notch mode that makes the app go fullscreen in landscape mode with the notch blocking some of the thread

Please

Put notches around the sides/bottom too

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Still begging for mp4/gifv link menu.

Awesome loving app dudes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sereri posted:

Yes it's a bug

That's in the beta

Hooooly shiiiiiitttt

:aaaaa:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Iron Crowned posted:

OLED theme is the best theme.

Amberpos or die

Clocks posted:

I'm really happy I can send my friends catte .gifs now by just copying & pasting the link. Thanks!

:same:

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Do you mean like if someone links to an imgur gallery you want the app to fetch the url of the image?

I would imagine gallery pasting could open :can: but it would be pretty awesome.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 19, 2018

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Skarsnik posted:

Anyone else getting jumpy playback on embedded twitter videos?

Yeah it's trippy

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Just letting you know that I really appreciate how much work and love you guys put into this thing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Internet Explorer posted:

I don't know how many years it's been but this has always been my favorite and most used app. Thank you!

Suspicious username/post combo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LingcodKilla posted:

I haven’t been able to link images for a few weeks now. On a apple Xs.

:yosnice:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

baka kaba posted:

Now you have two problems

What's the best way to timestamp on this app?

I keep loving this up.

[video type="youtube"]EKWW6oFQDZY&t=23s[/video]

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 09:15 on May 4, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Internet Explorer posted:

It's literally the name of that UI element. Next you're going to tell me you hate it when people call them radio buttons.

Oh no, is that what I sound like on the internet?

gently caress.

Still, I completely agree.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 15, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I can't rate threads? No matter what I get "a network error occurred".

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It's a stupid feature request but I would love to be able to turn on the profanity filter on somehow.

I'm sure it's difficult and stupid for no deal gain, but I just miss seeing the conversations seeming more polite.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hipster_Doofus posted:

These might not be the the right forums for you.

It's funny to read and that's what I'm here for.

Taffer posted:

Reminds me waaaay back before I ever joined, I thought that it was a big inside joke that everyone talked that way. Imagine my shock when I actually made an account and realized that people were swearing! :aaa:

I figured it out, I just didn't mind reading threads that way because I am trying to swear less in general but it's hard when you read it so often.

Also it was just a dumb request I have no idea what can and cannot be done very easily. I'm sorry, I meant no offense!

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 9, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Update chrome.

Didn't work. Forums super slow and wonky.

E: whelp glad for that! Thanks thread!

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jun 14, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Just log onto the site in chrome if you really gotta take that first steamer of an OP that you'll abandon after three posts.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh man I don't know when it was added but rap sheet navigation is a breeze thank you!

I love snooping on probates in threads I lurk.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Weaponized Autism posted:

I have an odd issue with Twitter embedded video playback. The video will play, however it skips every once in a while during playback. The video will play, and then every 5 seconds or so it'll jitter and skip ahead by a quarter or half a second. Twitter video playback is fine if I load it in my phone's browser, so the issue seems specific to the Awful app. I've been noticing this for a while, but figure I'd mention it now. Awful 3.6.8 / Pixel 3a.

Same but on OP6T since I've had it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

It's Twitter's fault, betting

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
OP6T TMO latest patches to all apps and system.

Posts have stopped highlighting. Either for self or OP, using AmberPOS refuse to use any others.

Kidding, doesn't seem to work in any theme.

Edit: reset cache and storage, seemed to have worked after setting things back up

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 22, 2020

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

baka kaba posted:

yeah that's a good video - I dunno how he managed to memorise all that, Tom has seen some times

I do believe he has a script off camera to check, not that his videos are any less good because of that fact.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

spankmeister posted:

Could the below be fixed in the app as well? Trying to scroll horizontally is almost impossible in this app.

Tap the line of text, then scroll.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I think youtube just poo poo the bed but I thought it was an app thing for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Z the IVth posted:

Next update then?

Been using the app for years and just realised it can't post threads. :ohno:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVeZnsuY7Vc