Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

For the record, the thread tags you had in the last alpha were awesome and I miss them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

spanky the dolphin posted:

Ah, great. That works.

Behold:

Spanking in the Dark

Downloading this fails every time for me. I'm going to try it from my laptop.

Edit: fails there too

XIII fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 27, 2013

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

How do I get this to work on my phone? What I mean is: every time I click the link and try to view it in a browser or even in the Google Drive app, it just displays the text of the .css file. It does not give me any options to download the file to save it.

Edit: downloaded it on my laptop, saved it as an attachment to an email in drafts, opened email on phone, saved file to /sdcard/awful
success
thanks

Not the most graceful option, but I just highlighted the whole thing, copied it, then pasted it into a new text file in the proper folder.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ArcMage posted:

Using the app on power may not be super common, but it'd be nice if it did this.

As a Gnex owner on VZW, I pretty much live plugged in. I don't think I'd use the feature (I just don't frequent gif heavy threads), but I think it's a good idea.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Sereri posted:

There was a } cut off, here is the fixed version.

What do I need to change in this to get the forum directory pages (and reply page, no that I think about it) black with white text? The actual threads are great, but I prefer a full dark theme

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Sereri posted:

Nothing. The forum theming comes from the filename. Its themename.forumstheme.css , so for example arc.dark.css. Removing the forumstheme part makes it use the default theme.

Wow, that was super easy. Thanks!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

oldskool posted:

Does anybody else's app auto-close when they set a post to Last Read?

Not mine either. However, your post did make me realize that I'm an idiot that didn't even know that's a feature and I'm excited to know it exists.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm seeing wonky avatars occasionally. I just installed the new beta, but I also loaded a new theme (ArchMage's version of Spanky's dark theme), so I'm not 100% sure which is causing it.

Edit: seems to have been the theme. Ignore me.

XIII fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 24, 2014

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I used to see the black boxes on my GNex semi often, but haven't seen it on either my Note 3 or Moto X

Edit: or my Nexus 7. Forgot I had that.

XIII fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 27, 2014

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Well, the app feels super fast now, so that's a plus.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Anyone else notice the app is showing all spoilered posts by default? I double checked and I don't have that option selected (even toggled it, just to see). Good thing I'd already seen that movie. I'm on a VZW Moto X on 4.4.4

Edit: doing it on my Note 3 as well, so I'm assuming it's the app.

XIII fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 9, 2014

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Sereri posted:

Do you by any chance use a custom theme? If so who ever made it either didn't set a spoiler style or the theme broke at some point.

I do. I use the dark theme Spanky created back when you introduced css themes. What should I look for in the file to see if it's there?

Edit: found it. How does this look?

XIII fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 9, 2014

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

You can get the HTC Zoe app now . I don't know what it works on, but the play store says it's incompatible with my Moto X.

Wrong thread?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ArcMage posted:

With regard to breaking cjstom themes, I still haven't managed to get mine to do spoilers in posts with non-black backgrounds, or to shape the per-post edit/quote menu nicely, and it's theoretically possible that someone's using my OLED theme still. Besides me, obv.

I just can't do CSS. :(

Yeah, I have no clue what I need to change to fix the spoilers. I just stay out of the movie discussion threads if I'm on mobile.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

XIII posted:

I do. I use the dark theme Spanky created back when you introduced css themes. What should I look for in the file to see if it's there?

Edit: found it. How does this look?

Here's what the spoiler section of my theme looks like. I'm terrible with CSS, so I don't really know if this is correct or not. I'm just running a theme created by another (smarter) forum member

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Weird, because with that setup the text is always revealed.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

baka kaba posted:

What happens if you remove that "color" line? And do you have any lines with !important in them (which kinda forces an override), especially ones involving visibility?

It might be worth putting the whole thing on pastebin or something

I'll poke around and check.

In the meantime, let me spoiler some text as a test .

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

So, does anyone have a proper dark theme with working spoilers? I've dicked around with the one I've been using to try and fix them, but to no avail.

Edit: I'm loving around with my existing one more I shouldn't be able to see this.

XIII fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 7, 2014

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

RIP pull to next/refresh. You will be missed.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Might want to remove the pull to refresh/next settings, since they no longer apply

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

jaydee864 posted:

I've got a version of the Arc.dark.css theme that I've modified to have working spoilers, at least on my phone (Moto X 2014): Try this out.

This is so close. Everything looks the way I want, but every few avatar pics are wonky and big.

spoiler test

Edit: spoilers work. Just the picture issue.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Nope. Pictures work, but spoilers are white text in a black box (at least in my post that you quoted)

Edit: and the Tap For Next Page thing is off center (although it doesn't look too bad)

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

jaydee864 posted:

Try downloading this again. I've taken the avatar stuff from the version that Sereri posted and replaced what I had for those sections.

Nope, not seeing any change. Here is a screen shot of what I'm talking about and the off center next button

(let me know if these are huge. I did it all via my phone, but I think they should be okay thanks to timg)

Edit: well, gently caress me. I grabbed the css from that link again and updated it a second time and now it works great. Guess I goofed somehow the first time. The Next button is still off, but I'm okay with that. Thanks!

XIII fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 13, 2014

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ArcMage posted:

With the latest flurry of edits, I've fixed the very last nitpick issue, the margins on the post actions menu.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5s7dn0NW5g8SU1RYW12X2tvbUE/edit?usp=docslist_api

One hopes that link works, it looks good on devices other than a Nexus 5, and that anyone else cared.

I don't really see a difference on my Turbo, but I updated because newer=better, right?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I seem to get one crash when swiping between screens (using the card stack animation, if it matters) the first time after applying a new theme, but I might just need to give the app a second to finish applying things before I go zooming around to see if I hosed anything up in the css edits. Far from a big deal though.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

As an ego stroke for Sereri, I also much prefer Awful.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Someone make a Material Design frog

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Those black boxes were a feature designed to try and push people away from the Galaxy Nexus. Everyone should thank Sereri

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

spankmeister posted:

Remember that bug Awful had when it posted replies in random threads? That was fun.

That was the most exciting few weeks of my life. I miss it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Breath Ray posted:

Posting threads - when will that come online?

Never, thankfully

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Any chance we could get a setting to toggle between the FAB and the old reply style? I just don't prefer it and disable it in any app that lets me.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

therobotking posted:

The FAB is supposed to move out of sight once you start scrolling according to the design guidelines right? Could that be implemented? It's kinda obtrusive at the moment :/

Have a look at how the Google+ app does it for reference.

Yeah, that would solve my complaint (you know, since I'm so loving important and all)

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Well, the addition of some extra space at the bottom has changed my feelings toward the FAB. Thanks!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Flagrama posted:

I have extra space as well but I haven't messed with any sort of custom theming though?

Haha, sounds like Sereri "fixed" something by breaking something.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

hooah posted:

I just got a Moto X, and so I find myself desiring a black theme. However, I don't care for the YOSPOS ones. Does anyone have the modified theme handy?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6f681RNC-btWnZ6ZnowTG9uUzA/edit?usp=docslist_api

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Still cant make topics with this retarded app

Too bad you can still make posts.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

hooah posted:

Thanks.

Edit: I forget where it goes :(

Make a folder titled awful (I think it needs to be lower case) and drop it in there.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Sorry, I'm trash at actually editing themes.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

site posted:

Okay, I'm messing with the css and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but editing anything changes the background on the forums listings panels and the reply window to white. Which values am I looking for that will specifically change the background on both new and read posts to black?

Make sure your file name is XXX.dark.css in order to make it default to black backgrounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Digging the new icons. Since updating, post backgrounds are no longer solid black, even though my theme hasn't changed. Any ideas?