Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. I have the app set to always open links, and to open images as a link instead of inline (to speed things up on slow connections).

Whenever there's a link to a tinypic image, and I open it, the link never works. The page loads but the image doesn't. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the app or with the browser or what. Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
For some reason about an hour ago I started getting "loading failed" on the app. I tried switching from WiFi to data and it still happened. Then I tried logging out and logging back in, which resulted in "login failed." I tested my username and password on the browser and it is correct. I cleared the cache, then the data, then uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I'm still having the same issue. Any suggestions?

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
^^^ You're probably right. I'm on 4.4.4 too. Ancient Droid that won't update. I'm looking for a new phone, but all the ones that work on my network are either enormous or cost $600.

ZoeDomingo fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 28, 2017

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
I just got a new phone (Galaxy S8) so my issue may have to do with that. When I click a link within one post that takes me to a different post (or thread), I can't seem to easily navigate back to where I was. I was able to do this when using the app on my old phone (an ancient Droid Mini). Is there a setting I'm missing?

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
Thanks for the information. I'll look forward to the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
I've looked back through a few pages and haven't seen this issue, so I'm sorry if it's already been posted and I missed it.

For the past week or so, whenever I click a link that takes me out of the app, when I go back to the app, instead of taking me to the post where the link was, it takes me either to the top of the page or to the first post that was unread on the page when I opened it.

It doesn't seem to matter what the link goes. I have the app set to open images externally instead of embedded, and it happens with those, and also with links out to pages like Reddit, or Wikipedia, or anywhere else.

Any suggestions?