Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Long time user, first time time poster. It would be nice to mark a thread as read from the long press menu without opening it, and to have a way to mark all posts as read in the bookmark or forum view. I've never worked on an android app but if its something I can help with I'd like to do that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Flipperwaldt posted:

I hadn't actually ever considered using the app not to read threads.

The main way I use the app is the bookmark view, with unread threads at the top. So every time I go there, there's a full screen of PYF threads with 300+ replies at the top. I mark them as read to say I don't care, by opening the thread and going to the last page.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Doesn't that create a lot of security issues?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The lost information is the link text

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
HTML classes are case sensitive, there's nothing strange about that. It isn't like b or B bold tags like someone said.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

LastInLine posted:

Couldn't the kind of person who'd want to use F-Droid just pull the releases off of Github?

That's what I did when I used replicant

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone been getting way more crashes in the thread view lately? Android wants me to uninstall the app since it's taking so much battery from crashing.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The app has become non functional for me on a recent update. Galaxy s20+ installed from play store. Constant crashes and hangs that can only be solved by force stopping. Took me 3 tries to post this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Cardiovorax posted:

Just wanted to inform you that the version installed from Google Play crashes whenever I try to open a PM someone sent me. No other issues that I've noticed.

Did you update Android system web view yet?