Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Definitely gonna second the disappearing bars suggestion. I keep immersion mode on, but having them say disappear on scrolling down and reappear on scrolling up would be wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Yo how do I get my phone to bring up a big frog head when I turn on the all instead of the 'Awful.' text? Thanks merry Christmas

Gonna second this. Alternatively I'll take a giant ghost

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

hooah posted:

What? Where?

Ape Agitator posted:

Just so long as Awful. remains an option.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Same issue here

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Suggestion, I have no idea how complicated this would be, but it'd be neat if dark mode on Awful toggled when you toggle the system dark mode on Android Q 10

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

mmkay posted:

I've noticed one semi-annoying thing lately - if you're browsing a thread (not sure if it's applicable to subforums as well) while the phone switches from daytime to nighttime lighting the app jumps to the top of the page.
I'm shitposting on Android 9 on a Nokia 7 plus.

I think that's because Android 10 dark mode literally relaunches everything

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

baka kaba posted:

I just checked and awful.apk does not have the bug where you can post threads

Whew thank goodness

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Ohh yes, a BNR app would be great!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

The Bloop posted:

requesting color coded tagging system

friend
enemy
frenemy
horny

What if I need all four on a poster

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Random questions/suggestions I have, that have probably been brought up:

Scheduled themes? My phone has scheduled dark mode which is awesome, and my reddit app does scheduled theme changes. I'd love if Awful could switch to OLED in the evening someday

Disappearing thread titles/page indicators? This only became an issue now that I'm not a gently caress-huge phone. It's not as bad as my Pixel 2 (non-xl) but it's be nice having extra screen real estate if the title bar and/or page indicators slid away when scrolling down

Pull to refresh on thread list pages? I feel like this was answered a long time ago but I always forget I have to tap the arrow on the off chance I have to change pages on a subforum

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I think that's requested pretty often. I know I've mentioned it before with people chiming in for support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Peachfart posted:

Ever since I updated my phone(pixel 4a) yesterday, the bottom post doesn't always load all the way. Like it will either be a blank post or only the text will be there and a linked picture will be missing. A refresh temporarily fixes it but it is super weird.

Same here, it's been going on a few days. Tapping the poster's username usually loads the bottom half