Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My login is fine, but my bookmarks don't update and opening a thread is just a blank screen, though I'm on an ancient version of Android (4.2.2) so it's probably the same problem with different symptoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It seems like pressing 'show only posts by user' more than once per session messes up the query? I'm getting posts by multiple different users in there, not even necessarily ones I searched for, and clicking next to the second page displays an error that there is no second page for the query.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Midjack posted:

That happens when there aren’t enough posts in the thread by that user to fill even one page so it inserts posts from the start of the thread.

That's interesting, because I'm pretty sure making the exact same request twice changes the results, but I'll play with it more

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I've noticed that if I play an embedded video, close the app, then open it to my bookmarks through the widget, the video audio starts playing in the background. It's startled me multiple times

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Thank you for all the wasted hours at the office o7

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Hey yeah, back when I used reddit (I'm sorry) there was a browser extension for adding your own notes on a user and showing them beside their username. Any way we could add something like that. I'd like to better remember who is worth my time interacting with

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I did some Android development but like, in the era of Android 3. Now I hiss whenever I look at gradle

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Idk whether this is just my system, but a mildly annoying experience I'm having:
1. Play media with sound in a thread (usually an embedded tweet or mp4)
2. Swipe right to return to bookmarks without pausing media. Sound from media is stopped
3. Use Android square button (? The app list one) to switch to another app, then again to switch back to Awful
Expected: bookmarks list, no audio
Actual: bookmarks list, audio from embedded media from previous thread

Also, would it be possible to not have bookmarks bump to the top of the list if the only new post is from someone I've ignored?

Ty for your hard work on this app I've wasted SO much time on it

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Got a new s21 phone. Not sure how to fix this:
http://imgur.com/a/NGczjAP

I believe it thinks you're a tablet

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Switching views occasionally slows my phone to a stop, and I have to press the lock button to get any control back, even with no other apps in the background. Any way I could enable debug logging or metrics to figure out what's going on?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It looks like if someone quotes a post in archives and you tap the link in the quote header, it just does nothing. (maybe it goes to the post as expected if you have archives?)
Would some kind of 'needs archives' toast be possible?

If you need examples to test, the PYF Funny Forum Quotes thread is full of these

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I've got it happening that there's an unread post at the end of a thread that I can't read bc every time the thread loads it shows the post above, one by an ignored user, as the one I haven't read. Actual new post is missing

Across the entire forum, unread counts don't seem to update correctly if an ignored user is on the page

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Yes, thank you!!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

I don't want to know how long I spend in this app every day but its absolutely my most used app by a mile and has been for years

Donation button when?

Even just a 'premium' version that doesn't offer anything except buying you a beer

I paid ten bucks for this site and by jove i'll do it for the app

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I just wanted to say I read the changelog and i love the 'highlight text to apply bbcode' feature i use it all the time :)

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

That's weird. My theme and font settings are all the default and my font is black

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It wants you to stop posting

(Mines fine)

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Mines fine I think it just doesn't trust you guys with knowledge

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Who amongst us hasn't failed to notice their phone exploding at least once? Happens to the best of us

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Wild. I get 1GB a month and I never even use it all

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Maybe I'm just loving something up, but Inserting Imgur in a pm seems to always put it at the top of the message (above the giant stack of quotes) rather than where my cursor is?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Been having video playback issues for Twitter videos. If I go to Twitter itself the videos play fine but within the awful app the audio runs normally whole the video stutters.

I also have this issue but I don't think there's any accounting for twitters shittiness

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Might not be an app problem but - when I full screen a video in the youtube app, it automatically rotates so the video is as big as possible. If I full screen an embedded youtube video in awful, it stays at its original orientation. Is there a way to fix that?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

ex post facho posted:

is there a reason why I can't seem to create a new thread using the Awful Android app? I can post in existing threads fine but no ability to make new threads.

It's not a feature of the app

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Sometimes I open a thread with a YouTube embed, go back to my bookmarks, open another thread, and the app locks up my entire phone (garbage collecting youtube poo poo maybe?) to the point where only the home button works and I have to clear apps from there

Is there anything to be done about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Idk if I'm just imagining it but this latest version feels very fast and responsive. Good app thank you 👍