Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
About 30 minutes ago or so I got "loading failed" on every part of Awful. I logged out and couldn't log back in. Is this related to why I had to do a capcha thing to log on on the PC just now?

Strange things are afoot at the circle SA...

edit: I just got asked to use capta on Plex for the first time (on my smart TV no less) so I guess that isn't part of it. What is going on here?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Never mind, this is clearly something about my home internet. When I disconnect my phone from my wifi and use cell service instead, I can log on. What the hell is going on?

edit: after testing all kinds of websites and android apps, only SA and Plex are displaying any kind of unusual behavior. I'm so confused...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 11, 2019

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Queen Combat posted:

Congratulations, your IP has been flagged for spam. Do you have any IoT devices?
I've been thinking about the devices on my home network and they are the following:

A Windows PC
A Linux PC
A PS4
A PS3
A Switch
An Android smartphone
An Android Walkman

Edit: I realize this is outside of the issue of the Awful app itself, but I've never run into this kind of problem and I would greatly appreciate any advice. The only relatively new thing I've been doing in the last couple weeks is running a Plex server (off of the Linux PC), with one user other than me so we can simulwatch one specific show that I have the DVDs for, which I started about a week ago. Is that related?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 11, 2019

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Midjack posted:

poo poo happens on residential IP blocks all the time, one IP is bad and the whole block gets blacklisted. It will probably go away in a few days.
Okay, thanks.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Charles posted:

Are you in the UK by any chance? I think the elections are breaking the forums somehow
No, Japan. I'm still in the same situation though. The only real problem it creates is with the Awful app though, since I guess it has no way to get that capcha test in there.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It really is amazing. I did think that after 10 plus years of using it exclusively on the PC it would become my primary way to access SA but it has. The update speed is incredible. I like how update notes are worded too.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This may be a weird question but how many different places in the app can you see the full title of thread titles that are really long? While posting or editing a post, the whole thread title appears at the top, but is there a place other than that I don't know? In the thread display, while browsing the thread, and in the bookmark display they get cut off.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

YggiDee posted:

When you're browsing the thread you can scroll the title back and forth, if that helps
Oh huh, I would never have thought to try that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

YggiDee posted:

I have a compulsive habit of touching/highlighting text while I read

(incidentally this makes the reddit app a loving nightmare, it vanishes comments while I'm trying to read them and I hate it!!!)
Me too, on the PC anyway. Once I was staying at a friend's house and using his computer and he was like what other gently caress are you doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It seems to be fixed for me too (on a Pixel 3A). I can switch back and forth between Awful and other apps like a crazy person and it always reacts right away.