Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

mastajake posted:

When I click the next page icon for the list of threads (not inside the threads; that works great), it loads to the bottom of the page instead of the top. Is this an everyone thing or just me?
It places you in the same location as the previous page. For example, if you are midway down the list of threads, that is where you will be on the next page. In your case, you were at the bottom of the list, so that is where it scrolls to.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Fuzz posted:

Can we please get that Goto Page# option back? That thing was great in really long megathreads, particularly for Trad Games stuff, and it's really annoying how the only way to go to First/Last page is from the Bookmark/Forum menu now, and in the actual thread you can only cycle by one page at a time.

Why was that functionality even removed? Otherwise the new setup is goddamn amazing and I love it, especially the new AwfulFrog menu in the top left. (would be nice if it could actually show an icon change when you get a new PM, though)
Tap the page number at the bottom to bring up the GoTo Page# option.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

anthonypants posted:

Beta, and I tried both the bookmarks menu and the main forums listing. I think it's just that my phone isn't wide enough to drag the ball down long enough to initiate a refresh.

Have you tried changing the pull to refresh distance in the Devices and Navigation settings?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Clicking on a link to the forums: http://forums.somethingawful.com/ causes the app to crash.

Using a Moto X 2013 on 4.4.4.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Is there any way to have a different pull-to-refresh distance in landscape and portrait modes? The current percentage solution seems to use the portrait height for the distance in both views.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Mr.Radar posted:

I'm on a phone (2013 Moto X) in portrait mode.
I have the same phone, but cannot reproduce the problem. I am on Lollipop though, so it is probably a Kit Kat issue.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

vortmax posted:

Could there be a way to preview an entire URL when selecting it instead of just the first (x) characters? I want to see if it's worth opening. In a browser I'd hover over the link.
When you click on a link, the pop-up with the url is scrollable.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

You can turn on immersion mode in the settings to free up some space on your screen.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Donovan Trip posted:

Is there a way yet to have Twitter posts embed? It's hard to read 99% of political threads without..
Settings > Posts > Embedding > Tweets

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Hollandia posted:

Getting some wild :catdrugs: flickering when viewing a post preview on my moto g5s - anyone else had this?
I'm getting the same thing on a Pixel 3.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Is there any way to have the nav bar match colors at the bottom?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Disappearing thread titles/page indicators? This only became an issue now that I'm not a gently caress-huge phone. It's not as bad as my Pixel 2 (non-xl) but it's be nice having extra screen real estate if the title bar and/or page indicators slid away when scrolling down
It isn't quite the same, but you could try immersive mode in the advanced settings to get some extra screen space.