Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
A very minor bug: pull-for-next has the same text at the top whether it's reloading the latest page or loading the next one.

Otherwise it's perfect so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Pull-to-refresh on subforums is still semi-broken, turns out. If you have pull-for-next disabled, eventually p2r stops working if you read threads for long enough. When it stops, you can re-enable p4n and then p2r will start working again; if you then disable p4n again, p2r stops too.

I understand that people who disable p4n are in the minority, so I understand that is low-priority. Nexus 4, stock 4.3, etc.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

I don't normally have auto-orientation turned on so I hadn't noticed before, but if you switch from portrait to landscape and back, the page view resets back to the top if the current thread page. Is this intended behavior?

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

The latest update fixed the rotate-resets-page thing. Thanks.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

I was wrong, the thing where rotating your device causes it to reset to the top of a thread page is still there. It's not doing it all the time, though, and I can't figure out what makes it happen. Is it happening for anybody else, and if so, do you know how to replicate it? I'll put in a bug report once I know how to reliably make it happen.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

The current g+ beta has just stopped loading thread icons and avatars. Force stop and clearing the app data hasn't fixed it, either, so I have no idea what happened.

[edit] And of course, right after posting, it fixed itself. I am confused now.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Papercut posted:

E: Clumsy oaf confirmed, I think the base of my thumb was getting close enough to the back button to activate it. :blush:

This happens to me constantly, except it's the ball of my hand.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

"Read posts by this user" is 100% causing a force quit for me with the current g+ beta. Is anybody else having the same problem?

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Sereri posted:

Welp, looks like the webview got a lot more aggressive about what thread it runs on. I believe I fixed it.

The update that I just got fixed it. Thanks.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

squeakyneb posted:

I logged out and back in and now every page load results in an "error: not logged in" message on every page load. Everything's otherwise fine AFAIK. How do I unfuck this?

Clear the app data?

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Sereri posted:

The new beta just hit my tablet which means it is available on play for everyone in the beta.
The main change is the rearranged settings menu made by baka kaba. If you have any suggestions for it please post them in the dev thread. I also changed the immersion mode on a test basis, as suggested by Glimm.

The new settings menu is a lot easier to find stuff in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

The two Android apps can't see notifications like this (use a regular wen browser) and unless you read GBS you probably missed this announcement/apology. The forums are having issues right now that are unrelated to any of the mobile apps.