Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is there a place to check common issues and troubleshooting? I checked the first page of the thread and a random spot-check of other pages and didn't see any. Hopefully I don't eat a hellban for asking.

(The post preview flashes incessantly, I'm assuming I'm not the only one who's had the problem).

Edit: Pixel 3 XL, Android 9. Though I'm pretty sure I was getting the same problem on my Moto G5+ not too long ago either.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Midjack posted:

That's the warning that you're about to make a bad post.

No you don't understand, it happens every time I post.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sereri posted:

That's because it's a gif and therefore it gets replaced with a static preview. The problem is that the preview has a maximum resolution in either direction and the image is shrunk and blurred.
Just use "play gif" and it should be alright. The display image view is not really made for this I think. I'll see if I can replace it with a different library.

As for the post preview, I have no clue what is going on there :psyduck:
Looks like two different height calculations bouncing off another maybe.

The thing about the post preview window flashing is that the effect is from the window moving up and down incredibly fast. It wants to be at the top of the screen and middle of the screen and alternates between them at lightning speed.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ardlen posted:

I'm getting the same thing on a Pixel 3.

I posted about it earlier in the thread. Forget if it was back when I had my Moto G5+ or on my Pixel 3 now but it's the same either way.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't know how anyone could stand not having YouTube videos be embedded but I guess Reddit is pretty popular so what do I know.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

baka kaba posted:

Y'alls with the crazy flashing when you do a post preview, what version of Android are you on? (there's a version number if you go to About Phone in your settings)
also are you adding anything special in your posts, like video or tweet urls that get embedded? does it happen in particular threads or forums?

Android 9 right now but I'm sure it was on earlier versions because it's been happening for quite a while.

I get the flashing with simple text posts but it's most annoying when I have special stuff in the post because the preview is more important to see if my post will look okay.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

baka kaba posted:

Yeah it would probably need to be its own theme and it would need to trigger changes in theming the webview, the thing that provides colours would need to handle more than one set per theme... ehhhh don't bet on it

As far as notches go... doesn't it just split the status bar with the clock and notifications? I don't think any of us have Samsungs Galaxy so we've never looked at it

I have a Pixel 3 and apps don't go into the notch area. It's just the phone's status bar(s) like you said. The bottom of the notch is the top of the Awful App.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I was given a probation yesterday (voluntarily, but I don't think that matters) for six hours and the app helpfully had a banner at the top telling me when it would expire and initially it was correct in calculating the six-hour mark but whenever I went into the app after that it would show a time 24 hours later. The probation ended at the right time but the banner was way off. I didn't try logging in through my browser though so I'm not sure if it's an app thing or just an SA thing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I changed the code on the forums-side to show your own local time instead of always showing CST. Is the app trying to itself convert it into another time zone?

Can you check to see if you have the correct time zone and daylight savings time settings in the edit options page in the browser?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=editoptions

The forums in the browser show the correct times, yeah. And my timezone/DST settings are right. That hasn't been an issue. The weird part about the error is that intially it was correct in terms of the remaining time left and the time on the clock that it would be done. It was only upon checking the app later did it start showing incorrect times.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

that would be a loss

Oh god, you're saying the Horny person is in the last panel?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I never really looked at his hair before.

"Now what do you want me to do about these bangs?"
"You know the Wu-Tang logo...?"
"I got you."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There haven't been any new threads in ages. Just repurposed and retitled megathreads.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Facebook even on third-party apps is still so loving bad for navigating and using. Like they want to keep everyone there AOL-style but they're so many times worse at it than AOL was, decades later and with countless $billions more at their disposal.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Change the URL.

X.com:

https://x.com/TheOnion/status/1732758803718758567?s=20

twitter.com:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1732758803718758567?s=20

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yeah sorry, I seem to have skimmed like half a dozen posts and gleaned nothing from them. Impressive, really.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

crepeface posted:

lol I love how hard it is to post an image on the internet in the year of our lord 2023

Related to this, I love how the wide world of GIFs have been turbofucked by Tenor, Pinterest, GetYarn, Giphy, etc.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

EVIL Gibson posted:

It's still in the weird invite only stage like Gmail when it first came out.

Is it worth it when it's still gated?

Can't be any worse than this dead gated forum

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sereri posted:

I can confirm it's (not) happening. Either imgur changed something, or someone uploaded 1000 images through the app. I'll take a look later today.

To be honest I've seen some posts here and there that made me wonder if an image limit isn't a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Inspector Hound posted:

Is there someone at imgur I can call, maybe they'll see reason and make an exception for us

Have to call the founder, Imogen Jermergerd.