Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's still pronounced "Sears." It's like how you pronounce Worcestershire "wooster.":colbert:

gently caress everyone that does this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Milky Moor posted:

It's also not how the Twins talk and act but how they look - big ears, ape-like appearance, gold teeth...

Jazz took on an African-American personality in the first film, but he didn't become a racist caricature.

You mean the Autobot with a low voice, breakdances and strikes pretty cheesy "word-to-your-mother" poses and finds places to "kick it," right? Or is there another Jazz I'm missing?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Corek posted:

It's like if Rob Liefeld designed a Transformers character. What does he transform into, a gun?

I wouldn't doubt if whoever designed him played a poo poo-ton of Gears of War because all of his weapons look really close to weapons from the franchise.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Armyman25 posted:

Looks like they're referencing The Steel Helmet. Nice!

I don't think every beard and cigar is reference to an obscure war film.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ensign_Ricky posted:

We all seem to be forgetting something important here.

Optimus Prime is a motherfucking cab-over semi again.:black101:

No he isn't, not for long anyway, that's his form when in hiding before he turns into the Western Star truck.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Why do they breathe? I noticed that both Grimlock and Prime have steaming breath during their little spat there at the end.

Your car doesn't exhaust? :colbert:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Honest Thief posted:

I just like all the flags cluttered around the trailer, I'd like to believe Bay picked those shots in particular.

Probably not, one of my co-workers cut together one of the spots for the third film and he was basically given free reign on putting the trailer together, though, he never said how the shots he was given to work with were chosen or who picked them. Highly doubt it was Bay.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

zVxTeflon posted:

Isnt the giant thing in the imax poster unicron?

No.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

snortpocket posted:

Guys there is now a trailer... for the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjRR6YO5QHA

Greatest film ever right here.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Milky Moor posted:

Am I the only one psyched for a new Steve Jablonsky soundtrack?

Nope, the dude's amazing.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Greatest work in human achievement.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Robotnik Nudes posted:

My tastes are questionable though, as I really like Hudson Hawk and have no ability to understand why everyone else doesn't.

Because there are terrible people in this world.

Hbomberguy posted:

So why is it such a big deal????

It's just really stupid.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I don't like Stinger because he looks like artifacts you get when graphics cards die.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The MSJ posted:

They were Hulk-like in the G1 cartoon. "Me Grimlock crush Decepticons!" and all that. In the comics, they were intelligent soldiers. Various other versions after vary in portrayal.

Same for the recent Cybertron games. Well I think Grimlock was the idiot and the rest were intelligent.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Another theory about the deeper meaning of Age of Extinction. Remember the line of dialogue in the old theater about Hollywood only making remakes and sequels? Then think about how the bad humans in the film are basically reverse engineering the transformers technology and creating their own army of soulless copies for the masses. Michael Bay is being forced to make the same transformers movie over and over again by the hollywood machine.

I think this movie is Michael Bay's cry for help.

I'm not sure how he's forced to do any of these films since he won't be returning for the next one. Unless wanting to swim in poo poo ton of money is "being forced."

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DFu4ever posted:

The way Prime turned on Megatron at the end of Dark of the Moon was as far from heroic as you can get. Honestly, it was a moment that would have been fitting for Starscream or a villain's second in command, not Optimus.

Sometimes you just have to merc a motherfucker. Optimus gives no fucks and it owns. Dude's good.

3 posted:

The box says "Cyberfire Bumblebee," but most collectors just called him "Murderbee."
Really good toy by the way.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CJSwiss posted:

There's no indication that Primus or Unicron exist (yet) in the Bayverse, he was referring to the Creators (possibly Quintessons).

Where Primus and Unicron come from varies depending on each iteration of the franchise anyway. In Marvel G1 they're remnants of the Old Gods, in IDW G1 Unicron doesn't even exist (yet) but Primus is one of the five gods that make up The Guiding Hand, in the Unicron Trilogy they're siblings created by a "unique digital entity" called "The One", etc.

Isn't Primus Cybertron? So doesn't he basically exist in every Transformers universe? Or does he not appear in some of the series and Cybertron is just a planet and nothing more? I'd love for the films to conclude with Uniceon and Primus fighting across galaxies, loving poo poo up in different nebulae and destroying planets and star systems due to the collateral damage they cause. Then have Optimus fight to the death on the surface of both of them. Man that'd be awesome.

Milky Moor posted:

Oh, and Lockdown is all black with a face that really looks like a skull, essentially drawing comparison with the Grim Reaper. His secondary color (eyes and such) is green, different to blue Autobots or red Decepticons. He's wholly separate.

Interesting, never thought of that. I wonder if the toy will brand him as an Autobot or Decepticon.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

morestuff posted:

Has Optimus always been able to fly, or did they introduce that for the last five minutes of this one? I started cracking up when he Poochied out, but no one else seemed to think it was weird.

He could only fly in ROTF with Jetfire's parts and he needed them again in DOTM to fly. Going to assume Transformers can integrate parts of other Transformers to themselves. Or something.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Arquinsiel posted:

Not entirely. Cybertron is clearly sentient in WFC (because it talks to the player) and Unicron is, as mentioned, Earth.

Really? I love that game but I don't remember Cybertron talking to you. Though it's been a while.

And this Primus, Unicron and multi-verse character spanning is confusing as poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I really wish I had the Psyduck gif with the Metal Slug explosion because god drat.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CJSwiss posted:

Have you heard of Kiss Players? :smug:

I just looked this up and what the gently caress. God drat it Japan.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

VaLiancY posted:

One of the concept designers of the film put up some artwork of Lockdown, Hound and a female Decepticon. Lockdown is becoming my favorite design of the Bayformers after Sideswipe which I didn't think was possible.

My god this is awesome, those animated gifs are sweet as gently caress.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

3 posted:

I'm wondering where Laserbeak fits into all this then, since his gimmick in DOTM was his ability to turn into basically anything (including a child-sized pink bumblebee???); it seems like whatever Transformers are made out of, there's the potential for limitless forms but most tend to limit themselves to 2 or 3 for whatever reason. There's actually an interesting divide in the films between the superficial and the practical in terms of alternate modes; the Autobots all turn into an assortment of expensive and flashy motor vehicles, while the Decepticons tend toward military vehicles or industrial vehicles (Megatron doesn't even turn into a recognizable thing, just a spiky gun with wings).

Laserbeak turning into a small the tiny Bumblebee makes sense, he's about the same size, but I'm wondering how the gently caress that giant metal condor turns into a flat screen monitor. Also, Megatron turns into a dilapidated oil tanker truck in DOTM, before he was just a Cybertronian flying tank because gently caress that he's Megatron, no need to hide. It's not until DOTM when he's defeated and needs to hide. Soundwave in DOTM is a Mercedes, changing the whole Decepticons being industrial vehicles. And the Decpticin they hunt at the beginning of ROTF is an Audi. But what's better than to hide amongst your enemy if you want to go unnoticed?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Maarak posted:

Those creepy googly eyed bots from Lockdown's ship also show up in the second film when Megatron's body is recovered:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RkzjpmKWjg

Not the same bot, the one in ROTF is Scalpel.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How dumb was this dude to not know that this is illegal?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Transformations are still just as complex but they happen faster. I don't think they were all slow and jaw dropping in the first film either. Also in the second film there's Devastator coming together which is probably the most complex and detailed transformation of all of the films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

FrostedButts posted:

Devastator was far too much detail for what amounted to a brief and stupid joke. The character itself was so large and complex it had to be rendered on multiple machines in which more than two overheated and fried. All that work for a mess of moving of moving parts that culminates as a testicle joke.

Rendering on multiple machines is industry standard, not to mention that rendering out Shockwave's huge worm eating up Chicago took longer to render than any previous project.

Snowman_McK posted:

Woah.
Seriously, is this all off the cuff, or have you filled tomes with your interpretation of movies?

What have you done.