Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1422 »
silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

lol this global adobe cloud outage is generating a poo poo ton of tickets. I work at a design company. hahahaha my CEO was like "Waht the gently caress"

status.adobe.com is fun right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Clapping Larry

Yeah this Adobe outage is making my users insane.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

"I CANT EVEN OPEN A PDF"

yeah im sorry man. lol

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

silicone thrills posted:

lol this global adobe cloud outage is generating a poo poo ton of tickets. I work at a design company. hahahaha my CEO was like "Waht the gently caress"

Gosh! Who could possibly have conceived of such a thing happening!!!

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man

Grimey Drawer

silicone thrills posted:

status.adobe.com is fun right now

I'm sure happy Adobe's software requires an always-on internet connection. That sure does add a lot of value to the consumer.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wakey wakey to
this bowl of tasty

Yams Fan

I think they give you 30 days to run offline, yank the network on your computer and I believe it'll work fine.

But perhaps they forgot to handle the case where the local internet connection is still there but the remote server is spewing poo poo, which is pretty shameful.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Clapping Larry

"We need something done about this immediately."

Okay, I will have lunch.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Oven Wrangler

xzzy posted:

I think they give you 30 days to run offline, yank the network on your computer and I believe it'll work fine.

But perhaps they forgot to handle the case where the local internet connection is still there but the remote server is spewing poo poo, which is pretty shameful.

I am way too intermittently familiar with how Adobe handles sign-in and licensing and the fact that it ever works at all is actually super impressive.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

When I reviewed firewall rules at the design studio I discovered that we had the "phone" home port blocked outbound. This was CS5.5-ish, so it was okay. I made them buy licenses when headcount expanded anyway.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Internet Explorer posted:

I am way too intermittently familiar with how Adobe handles sign-in and licensing and the fact that it ever works at all is actually super impressive.

Fun fact, if your public profile info in your Adobe account is blank, Creative Cloud tips over and loads a blank white UI.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

Yeah my big problem right now is we work on projects that have spanned many years so many of my users have multiple versions of illustrator and photoshop installed to support various weird issues. So they install/uninstall frequently. I've had at least 3 tickets just this morning that are purely "hey I need to install 2019 illustrator due to X, can you help, creative cloud desktop isnt loading"
My other tickets are mostly like "hey I need to sign a PDF but the service seems to be offline"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless You Ants, Blants

Fun Shoe

It's a massive shame that Adobe products are an industry standard and would require the entire industry to agree moving away from them

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

This post is good to go

What was the closest thing to a photoshop competitor?

Corel Photo-Paint?

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Bob Morales posted:

What was the closest thing to a photoshop competitor?

Corel Photo-Paint?

Serif PhotoPlus is workable for most small marketing teams, but might be a bit shy for dedicated graphic artists. And Corel Paintshop is still around. Also GIMP isn't dead yet. Macs might have some closer competitors.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The GIMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Internet Explorer posted:

Good lord. I get sweaty when it hits 75.

Spend a few decades in the desert and youíll find yourself grabbing your hoodie when itís colder than 72 (my heater turns on at 70).

Itís really weird to experience when youíre from the PNW, but it does happen. Even in the summer, itís cold when I visit the area.

«1422 »