Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Right, I'll make sure to let him know to stay away from those, and those pesky sales people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

Pissing me off: Argentine ants found another crack in the wall and established a colony inside my wireless router. They were using the front USB port as an entry/exit point.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

klosterdev posted:

Pissing me off: Argentine ants found another crack in the wall and established a colony inside my wireless router. They were using the front USB port as an entry/exit point.

Universal Serial Bug?

... I'll show myself out.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

We have been trying to get a new network monitoring program for the last few years. We have a combination of 2 old programs that are both out of date, and in one case, on EOL hardware. If either fail, they are done.
A year ago, we finally got the ok to start looking at something, and maybe being able to spend some money on it, so we can actually get something that does more then the basics.
So, first one picked is SolarWinds. You know, the industry leader. Project goes no where, as IT management hates that it costs money. News of the big Solarwinds hack gets out, and welp end of that one.
Project completely grinds to a halt.

Yesterday, we find that now we have to write a story on why we need this. At this point, I'd say gently caress it, we'll just rely on Smokeping call it good there. If it pings, it works, end of troubleshooting.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

angry armadillo posted:

If you didn't come into contact with the dude, how do you know he wasn't wearing a mask or that the windows were closed? (I feel like I've missed a bit but I can't work it out?)

Because the guy that gave the training called me and told me so. We're the original project team and support people for Navision in our company so we work to a lot. When one of the people in the training session tested positive the next day, colleague called me to rage about the fact the dude in question didn't even wear his mask and was present for both sessions scheduled that day (I was supposed to be in the training session too but I bailed since I gave my notice a couple of weeks ago). Then the company classified the incident as low-risk since the alternative was at least 5 high-risk contacts (with associated 10 day quarantaine) which would have seriously jeopardized operations in that office.

Steakandchips posted:

Don't waste your breath on those assholes and just stay working from home until you start your new job.

Everytime they ask you to go in, make an excuse.

Don't worry, I plan to. I have to go in at least once to turn in my badge and laptop and stuff but that's it for me.

Steakandchips posted:

They'll just argue with him about that poo poo.

"Sorry, I have a personal emergency".

True. I got a mail from the owner yesterday reprimanding for my mails to HR, saying I shouldn't rely on hear-say and to wait for official communication, and that everybody who was regularely in the office had been notified. Oh, and BTW, I've had plenty of time to prepare my hand-over by now and when is it going to happen? It looks like I hit a nerve somewhere.

Suits me, best case I get some free time before I start my other job.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

sixth and maimed posted:

True. I got a mail from the owner yesterday reprimanding for my mails to HR, saying I shouldn't rely on hear-say and to wait for official communication, and that everybody who was regularely in the office had been notified. Oh, and BTW, I've had plenty of time to prepare my hand-over by now and when is it going to happen? It looks like I hit a nerve somewhere.

Suits me, best case I get some free time before I start my other job.

This is when I gleefully take the opportunity to enact the "I don't need to put up with this poo poo, bye" clause that's implicitly present in all resignation letters. Never had to use it before, because most management have the nonzero number of neurons necessary to realize that clause exists and not trigger it. And the situation you describe is about as extreme as it gets without direct physical violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Che Delilas posted:

This is when I gleefully take the opportunity to enact the "I don't need to put up with this poo poo, bye" clause that's implicitly present in all resignation letters. Never had to use it before, because most management have the nonzero number of neurons necessary to realize that clause exists and not trigger it. And the situation you describe is about as extreme as it gets without direct physical violence.

No can do here. They can't just fire me without a given notice (based on length of employment), I can't walk out without giving the same. But since they seem to want to get me out ASAP, who am I to argue?