Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Good news everybody!

quote:

Our investigation currently indicates that the attackers accessed Adobe customer IDs and encrypted passwords on our systems. We also believe the attackers removed from our systems certain information relating to 2.9 million Adobe customers, including customer names, encrypted credit or debit card numbers, expiration dates, and other information relating to customer orders. At this time, we do not believe the attackers removed decrypted credit or debit card numbers from our systems

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2013/10/important-customer-security-announcement.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

the littlest prince posted:

Yet another security system compromised. Same poo poo different day.

I swear it's nearly guaranteed to happen to every company at some point. At least the numbers were encrypted. They didn't say anything about passwords so I guess it's just sales data?

No, they got encrypted passwords too.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Holy poo poo everyone at TechCrunch is loving retarded:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/11/aol-crunchbase-cc-flap/

OH HAY WE'RE COOL AND OPEN USE AND HAVE A CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE. WAIT WHAT, YOU'RE USING OUR DATA? STOP IT.

Oh, we can't tell you to stop it because we don't understand the two loving sentence explanation of how the license we released our content under works? I see.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Jesus christ vmworld is the stupidest loving big conference I've ever seen.

Their schedule builder is retarded and makes it impossible to actually coordinate a schedule with co-workers. One of my co-workers had his registration screwed up and just now noticed it, and missed out on signing up for poo poo, as the sessions ahve filled up.

Is there anyone who likes the way VMWare does this?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Moey posted:

The SSL cert is gold plated.

or just says verisign on it

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Once when I was in the Navy we were having problems with the HF radios due to sunspots. No one believed us.

When I lived back up in Alaska we would regularly get outage warnings based on solar activity for some of our more remote sites.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Yay vmworld, nothing like walking in to take a piss and seeing a guy blasting away with no hands because he's got a fully loaded swag bag on one and a goddamn ice cream cone in the other!

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

lol

quote:

You are receiving this email because you may have - at some point - registered as a user on ArsTechnica.com. Our site was recently hacked.

Log files suggest that this intruder had the opportunity to copy the user database. This database contains no payment information on Ars subscribers, but it does contain user e-mail addresses cryptographically-protected passwords.

Out of an excess of caution, we strongly encourage all Ars readers — especially any who have reused their Ars passwords on other, more sensitive sites — to change their passwords today.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Spazz posted:

"We are DBAs so we would not know how to write a SQL query."

Actual quote from a Sr. DBA. This is from the same company that we are battling to explain the reasons why you reboot a Windows server after patching a critical vulnerability.

Based on many of the people I've interviewed to fill a DBA position, this is correct! Christ that's a hard position to find good people for.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Lol, the Windows 10 OOBE on new business PCs we ordered from Dell is offering the Windows 11 update already. Truly a magical time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Paladine_PSoT posted:

It's basically archaeology at this point.

I keep an old 386sx 25Mhz laptop at my desk at work that still boots just to horrify interns and fresh grads.

Hopefully complete with a garbage passive matrix LCD screen