Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One of our (soon to be former) clients has been giving salespeople Windows 8 laptops on a trial basis. They all have windows firewall disabled by a GPO and AVG to boot. Turns out, our users actually used the metro apps and now most of them refuse to run without updating. Now I'm stuck with aging tickets of people with broken Xbox music players that can't update because Windows Store requires the firewall to be on. I've set their default programs to Windows Media Player, but a lot of them miss the free music programs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The email vendor for one of the companies we support went down two weeks ago and ever since they brought it back up, users are constantly being prompted for passwords. They make virtually no effort to fix it and continue to blame settings that were working beforehand. As a level ??? help agent, I get to take all the bitching about it.