Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Urit posted:

I'm looking at you, Google search and the Backspace key to go back a page. No, I don't want to backspace my perfectly good search query. It's not just focus stealing either - click on the whitespace in the page to take focus off the entry box, then hit backspace. Focus will jump to the search box.

I know I'm pretty late on this but how long is it going to take programmers to start making their programs so that if you launch one and then switch to a different program, the new app doesn't come blowing up into your face like it's important or something? If I click out of the app while it's loading, I don't want it to reappear when I switch tabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

mattfl posted:

You're going to be driving around a lot fixing poo poo computers for $10/hr.

God, for his/her sake I certainly hope not. I'm an "EasyTech" at Staples and I make about $10.50/hr just standing behind a counter and running virus scans on the computers of the collective elderly community in my area

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

The MSDN page for downloading Windows debugging symbols is a lovely .aspx page that doesn't work in Chrome, Edge, or Internet Explorer in any regard. What is so loving hard about offering direct download links that don't try to route you through 40 of Microsoft's proprietary redirects again? Seems to work fine for literally every other download MS has available in the support center.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

anthonypants posted:

It works for me in Chrome on Windows 8.1 :shrug:

I would totally believe it if it only worked on 8.1 and under. ASP.NET pages need to die

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Our IT department just sunset Skype for Business without migrating to Teams, because Teams is some sort of security issue and so they've gone as far as to completely block the package on all managed machines. So I'm assuming that they're hoping the ~150 employees working from home and relying on the soggy bag of dogshit that is SfB's "group chat" function to maintain communication with their departments have dicks long enough to reach their rear end, so they can go gently caress themselves.

Really glad I have to do e-mail distribution lists like it's 1993 or something. Just the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Sure, it "works" in the same sense that using 56k internet in 2020 does. Slowly. And lovely to use when a few users can't hardly spell their names right let alone start loving around in Outlook.

Then again, I think there might be a net improvement if we let users do all their work through AOL Desktop

Sickening posted:

I would love to know what security issues they believe that make teams a no go. :allears:

I think they're afraid we're going to leak trade secrets with the meme tool or something. I have no idea lmao

barnold fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 11, 2020