Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
Pissing me off today: Local telco providers whose arms you have to twist to get them to fix their stuff on the weekends.

My Team = :shobon:
Telco = :v:

:shobon: We need you to fix this circuit ASAP. Our client has been down since yesterday.
:v: We don't dispatch people out for DS0s on Saturdays.

:fuckoff:

(As of the time I left work, we had finally managed to get into the router by connecting a phone line to it, and were on our way to getting that line into service as a backup line.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Che Delilas posted:

Resources. They can't stop using that word!

I don't know if it's just me, but that word seems pretty dehumanizing in this context.

I agree. People, especially people with technical knowledge and skills, are referred to as "resources" all the time at my company. E.g.: "Can we get a network resource on this conference call?"

Sure, would you like a Layer 3 switch or an ASA? I'm sure either one of them would be happy to answer your network troubleshooting questions. :v:

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Bob Morales posted:

I hate Windstream with a passion. Whenever we try to get a number changed or re-directed it takes their sorry rear end reps weeks to do it. I'm convinced Windstream is like 4 people working in some basement office somewhere. Garbage.

I had several clients go down because of that same Windstream outage. My alert board was a mess for several hours, plus the network automation database was down for maintenance (about which not a single person in Ops was told until it started). That was a fun two hours. The mess was mostly cleaned up by the time I left, but I'm glad to have today off.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
Pissing me off: A power spike fried some hardware component, which caused the link between our two data centers to bounce. We'll be cleaning up related tickets all day today and tomorrow.

Not pissing me off: Our local VP, aware of the situation, ordered pizza for the whole command center. :)

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Oyster posted:

Pissing me off: the United Healthcare hack. I have been paged multiple times a day over the past 5 days for address blocks, and now I'm sitting on 15 tickets for "unable to access site".

No poo poo.

And this is how I find out. Their site was just working last night. :negative: