Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

anthonypants posted:

Well, we've got five retention folders in your Outlook Inbox: _01 Year, _05 Years, _10 Years, _20 Years, and Permament. It's up to you and your department to decide which e-mail goes in which folder. You can create all the subfolders you want, but everything will get stored in the archive. E-mails in your inbox get backed up silently, and are deleted after 90 days. If you want to look at e-mails older than 90 days, or you want to make sure an item has been archived, you have to go into the archive.

You forgot the oh btw even though we set your deleted items retention policy to 90 days, you also have a deleted items secondary bin that is also 30 days, and while you might of thought you could make this more than 30 days because the GUI says you can, you will never set that thing to more than 30 days even though you followed some bloke's instructions that swore you could do it in Powershell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Mr. Fix It posted:

Do you think we'll have to wait another five years before he replies to this?

Lots of beer might of been involved today.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

I was really hoping you were reading through the thread opening replies in new tabs so we could enjoy random replies to posts from years ago.

I can drink enough this next weekend and do just that.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

I know what this is, this is a snow cone maker.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Bob Morales posted:

Next up is a crackdown on how many desktop icons/shortcuts people have.

I WISH I WAS JOKING

I found out that the owners decided our COO (the only sane person in this place) isn't a "good fit" and he's going to be transitioning out of the company. Also the owners daughter is going to be in charge of marketing and they're going to shitcan the marketing director and possibly marketing manager (both whom I like) and they are hiring two family friends to replace them

You might want to polish that resume up and run while you still can.