Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

Lum posted:

- Most monitors are 17" 1280x1024
- Default build image set to 1024x768

I've made half a dozen site visits to observe users of the software I work on... I'm not sure I've seen a single end user that had two monitors and had both set to the right aspect ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

rolleyes posted:

Here's what I worry about : with all of the revelations about what the megalomaniacs at the NSA have been up to (potential backdoors inserted into industry standard NIST algorithms, or even deliberately compromising the design from the outset, etc) exactly how long is it going to be until someone figures out how to exploit those same weaknesses? I reckon there's going to be a point in the next couple of years where anything encrypted with one of those algorithms today might as well be in pain text.

I know someone's going to say "but password encryption should be one way only" (i.e. hashed) and I agree, it should, but this is Adobe we're taking about so it probably isn't. Plus the credit card numbers definitely won't be.

People pretty much always use inappropriate algorithms to hash/encrypt passwords anyway. If you've got a long, completely random password, you might be okay, but 90% of those passwords might as well be plaintext.