Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Helushune posted:

I haven't called them but we're all so incredibly sick of how janky it is and want to move to something else. Preferrably something that doesn't think its own self-updater is a trojan. The other thing is that it was originally setup by someone forever ago who didn't document anything that they were doing so no one knows anything about it. I've logged in to the management console a couple times and it looks like everything is set to defaults but it constantly says that none of the clients are syncing policies correctly and I just don't have the patience to sit down and figure it out. I'd rather just wipe everything and start from scratch but, again, no one knows where the install files, lisencing keys, or anything for Sophos are located which is why I'm looking for anything else.

A lot of the clients haven't been updated in a couple years because of the whole "hey, my update package is definitely a trojan" thing and I don't have the time to check every computer across multiple school campuses to see if they're all running the latest version of Sophos.

Yes, we have a volume lisencing subscription and I just noticed that Endpoint's on there as well. This is probably the most practical thing to switch to; thanks.

It's been a couple years since I dealt with Sophos, but my experience with them was that they are one of those rare companies with actually decent support. If you have a support contract, don't worry about install files and such, they make everything very easy to get to. Give them a call, see how they can help before you blow everything away. Hell, they might even be able to help you blow everything away cleanly!

Of course fishmanpet makes a good point about SCCM. If that can cover your needs, why continue paying for a redundant product?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU