Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

spog posted:

Were you even the same kind of brown?

lmao I imagined some Indian dude asking a Mexican about his arranged marriage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe
You can auth let’s encrypt if you have access to dns and can make records.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

pixaal posted:

Some people work with check lists and are very literal. They see their job as "make this screen empty". They can't do that when there is a task that isn't for them is on the screen!

Yeah but those guys can gently caress off

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

pixaal posted:

prediction:
CFO is going to put her foot down because she hates feeling like she's getting hosed over. They are going to kill our service, after a few days without phones legal will tell us to just pay it since the amount isn't worth it and we need phones.

*nods sagely* yup

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

Weedle posted:

poo poo not pissing me off: being sent to Seattle for a conference in an insanely opulent hotel full of original Chihuly glass, the hotel upgrading me to an even nicer room because check-in took like one minute longer than it should have, the conference providing unlimited free food and booze, and discovering upon arrival that Washington has legal weed. Pretty good work week so far.

Avatar post combo, also welcome to Seattle the summer days are amazing right now

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

Thanatosian posted:

Lies, it's raining right now.

It's always raining.

You don't want to move here, I hear Dallas is nice.

Just wait for the next economic crisis to buy a house

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

Bob Morales posted:

Kids got expelled in my day for having a pager

Imagine expelling all the kids who bring a lovely phone to school

lol

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

Jerk McJerkface posted:

It's helped tremendously, since I get so many fewer non-billable hours.

What does this mean? As in YOU weren't paid for time you spent on this poo poo?

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe
Thank you both, I've never had to work in an environment that keeps track of time like that

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe
You need to setup a cronjob that sent the reminder email and increased the font +1 every day

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

tactlessbastard posted:

While it was good 5 months ago when the owner took personal control of the company and fired Angry Boss, he's moved on and left us behind in the hands of Son of Owner. Son of Owner is an amiable enough guy but his primary function seems to be traveling to trade shows in exotic locations, accumulating samples and swag from vendors, dining out with the sales people, and occasionally swinging by and dropping extremely uninformed and onerous directives for us to implement, "ASAP, thanks bro"

That's not as bad as it could be. Still not a real leader, but you know what needs to be done :yotj:

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

The Fool posted:

I have 3 new users starting on Monday and not a single one of them has finished their onboarding.

All managers have been informed that if the onboarding isn't done, accounts don't get created.

What’s the on boarding process ?

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

Comradephate posted:

I have no idea what to make of any of this, but 3 people on the same team ganging up on somebody is definitely not the same as 3 separate people making 3 separate accusations, so I think that's a pretty fair distinction to make.

This is the key point here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

Jeoh posted:

Put down all owners with their dogs tbh