Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
The last time I had Windows update problems, it was two Internet Explorer updates trying to occur at the same time. As horrible as it sounds, try one at a time, or at least half steps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Started a new job for a decent raise. loving hate it, just hate the management style, the micromanaging, it sucks. To frame this next piece, it's doing VOIP support in a call center setting, the work isn't as bad as the workload and procedures.

Quote from management talking to no one in particular
"Next time someone complains about their job here, tell them to look out the window to next door at the guys putting tar on that roof."

This guy became my department lead from the out of state location right after I was hired and signed paperwork.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004

wolrah posted:

This man supposedly has worked in IT for years, yet he had absolutely no idea what Akamai is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSEpCXADMxY&t=20s

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
My proactive network monitoring department is getting the work shipped back to Costa Rica and now I have to provide reactive phone support with metrics and call monitoring. Fun to have this happen within 2-6 months of my last two jobs.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
This email, I have a second case with this person and God help me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!