Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

pik_d posted:

After all my channels got changed (guessing due to TCW being bought by Comcast?) I noticed that the next Elementary is on Sunday night due to the NCAA Tournament in the listings. Stuff online still says 3/13 air date, are some people still getting it on Thursday?

Wikipedia still gives the air date as March 13, so I'd assume so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

:siren:New Episode Tonight:siren:

The Hound of the Cancer Cells

(character development spoiler)When a famous cancer researcher is found dead, Holmes and Watson must determine if the scientist's untimely demise was tied to his latest cutting-edge invention. Meanwhile, Bell is finally cleared to re-enter the field.

Fan Art!

by pinkwater1211

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It is ridiculous how much the fans have latched onto the animals that show up but I am absolutely not complaining. It is really funny to me that Elementary's fanservice is not T&A, but instead a tortoise.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Pick posted:

It is ridiculous how much the fans have latched onto the animals that show up but I am absolutely not complaining. It is really funny to me that Elementary's fanservice is not T&A, but instead a tortoise.

It's actually probably a testament to how good the show has been at establishing Watson and Holmes as friends and colleagues. Although, I don't go looking for Holmes/Watson fan art (or any fan art in general), there may be a lot. :ohdear:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This show was renewed for a third season today by the way (along with almost the entire rest of CBS).

E: Filling a lab with helium is certainly a novel way to kill someone.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 14, 2014

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That episode worked pretty well for me. It's done a good job so far, this show. :)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
For a while I suspected the lab mate who clammed up and cited the non‐disclosure agreement.

The “framed self for crime” ploy will never get old.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Regy Rusty posted:

E: Filling a lab with helium is certainly a novel way to kill someone.

Nitrogen is generally the cause of those workplace deaths when people fall into vats, they pretty much go unconscious within 30 seconds.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Shiri Appleby, the post Roswell years have not been kind.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Platystemon posted:

The “framed self for crime” ploy will never get old.

It's the first time I can remember seeing it executed, I thought it was pretty novel.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

devoir posted:

It's the first time I can remember seeing it executed, I thought it was pretty novel.

I suspected him because he accidentally gave away specific details, not once, but twice.

The first time, he knew about the suicide note. The second time, he knew exactly where the murder weapon which killed his wife was placed. Good foreshadowing. I do appreciate when they put in details to let the viewer solve the mystery on their own.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I wonder if Microsoft stopped paying the show, the tablet they had wasn't a Surface.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I believe there are no new episodes until April 3rd.

kimeeri
Mar 2, 2014

hollylolly posted:

I believe there are no new episodes until April 3rd.
What's up with that? Is there some big sports event in the US or something?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

kimeeri posted:

What's up with that? Is there some big sports event in the US or something?

Good first post, but yes, there is. The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament is on, "March Madness" as it's called.

It's Madness because all my favorite TV shows are pushed back a few weeks. :mad:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ugh, what a pain in the rear end. I was really hoping to see more of this since it feels like it just came back from the Olympics.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That scene with Bell at the end of Hound was awesome. I think my favorite part of the show is watching Sherlock become more empathetic and a better friend. It's such a departure from your classic Holmes-type like House, who never learns anything from who he hurts. It's really striking.

Misanthropy was so easy, indeed.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
New Episode tonight: The Many Mouths of Aaron Colville
A serial killer known for biting his victims appears to be killing again, even though he was presumed dead

Preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhXV4I3SDUw

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Thanks for bumping the thread! Too many weeks off. :doh:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
It's always nice to watch an episode that reminds us that Watson has her problems too, as small as they may be compared to Holmes's.

EDIT: And I want to see Sherlock/Miller singing let it go in a pretty dress. I'm hoping it might be on the dvd as an extra.

Good news: Theres an episode next week.
Bad news: After that, it looks like theres another break.

MrFlibble fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 4, 2014

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

20 minutes in and we're finally at the point that the preview spoiled. Good stuff.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
officially best episode, clyde returns

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shark shaped turtle cozies, new high for the show

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

They didn't shock a flatline! Hallelujah!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

ashpanash posted:

They didn't shock a flatline! Hallelujah!

Of course, they wanted him to die :colbert:

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

pik_d posted:

Shark shaped turtle cozies, new high for the show

I think they got them from here.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Sherlock singing Frozen and tortoise cozies. This is a weird and very charming show.

I liked that the nice older man wasn't evil, for once.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked how the creepy, shady looking prison employee that I automatically assumed was the killer wasn't.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, I had him pegged as the killer too from his first appearance, then when they were all "he used to be an inmate here and he got dental work here off the books" at the 25 minute mark I knew it was wrong. Good to know the obvious answer was indeed too obvious for once.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Dragonatrix posted:

Yeah, I had him pegged as the killer too from his first appearance, then when they were all "he used to be an inmate here and he got dental work here off the books" at the 25 minute mark I knew it was wrong. Good to know the obvious answer was indeed too obvious for once.

There are some duds here and there, but I usually feel they do a strong job with this. They often have stories that get convoluted and weird in the Conan Doyle tradition, and they're not afraid to engage on the edges of medicine and science. Plus the writers really understand the conventions of this type of show and enjoy screwing with their viewers. There's red herrings galore, alibis get broken, characters often show up for one scene and are never heard from again. There was that warrior gene episode where the killer only shows up as a painting throughout the episode, or that scene with the pizza delivery that was just them messing with people.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
I thought the guy who filed down his dentures to fit in the keepsake box was guilty. It seemed a little contrived, and unlike the guy with chipped dentures (where coffee stains confirmed the damage was too old), there’s no reason he couldn’t have filed them down after committing the new murders.

I didn’t for a moment think the prison assistant was guilty. I considered his broken wrist a red herring, but it was actually a writer’s shortcut for breaking off the interrogation.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Finally saw the episode. It was good and all but

:allears:

I do love how Sherlock keeps in touch with the group of hackers (Everyone, is it?) and matter of factly performs outrageous stunts to get what he needs. I am dying to hear his rendition of Let it Go :argh:

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
It should bother me that the tortoise sweaters happened because someone was concerned about Clyde being cold...even though reptiles don't generate body heat to be trapped inside a sweater and therefore "warm" blankets and clothes will do nothing for them...but they're so gosh darn cute I just can't be mad. :kimchi: Just the mental image of Sherlock intently dressing up a tortoise in cute outfits (sometimes with a note attached) and sneaking him into Watson's bed and running back out of the room before Clyde's toddling around can wake her up slays me.

Additionally, Sherlock teaming up with not-Anonymous or just interacting with them in any way will never not be amazing.

This is a great show.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

They're the closest thing this show has to Baker Street Irregulars, aren't they?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Sereri posted:

They're the closest thing this show has to Baker Street Irregulars, aren't they?
I think he does have something like the BSIs, though. When he was tracking down M, he put the word out to some street punks he'd run into before. I think I also remember him talking to a homeless person he stays in contact with, though I may be conflating that with the BBC series.

And yes, Clyde's sweaters are adorable, even if they are illogical.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren:New Episode tonight:siren:

No Lack of Void
A pickpocket dies of anthrax poisoning, putting Holmes and Watson on the trail of the toxin's source in order to prevent more deaths.

I'm hoping for more of Clyde cosplaying as a shark. :3:

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

hollylolly posted:

I'm hoping for more of Clyde cosplaying as a shark. :3:

She needs to make him a little ambulance sweater next. :3:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Curious he called it Derry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

So enough anthrax to kill half a million people and the NYPD is still leading the case? That feels like an FBI thing to me

• Locked thread