Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't stop staring at this man's eyes.

He has really tiny eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Haha nice escaping putting this show into a post P vs NP universe.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh boy, Moriarty's messing with his head. :ohdear:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love that lawyer's smug nod. "Yep that's what we're going with, I consider it satisfactory."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Haha "Tommy" Gregson. Don't think I knew his first name before.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Are you sure? Tobias is the name of the character in the original stories, but the internet seems to imply that Elementary's has always been Thomas/Tommy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It was the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime. :allears:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well that's going to be awkward to explain.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wow that gave me chills. Yikes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm enjoying the framing device for this episode so far.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Woah that deputy commissioner is super sinister.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Snipee posted:

I feel like an idiot. I thought the guy Sherlock was sponsering was really nice and cool (especially after seeing how uncomfortable and unawkward Sherlock was), and I was happy for Bell that he is getting a chance to work elsewhere (although I'm not sure if he's actually getting ready to leave the show). Did I completely read these characters wrong?

I don't think there's anything weird about the new sponsee, but yeah you read the deputy commissioner wrong. He's running an "intelligence division" i.e. spying and eavesdropping and such. This is probably setting up some kind of plot where Bell has to consider whether the supposed greater good of this division is worth the tactics they employ. And maybe the deputy commissioner is going to be more overtly corrupt as well, I dunno.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think it's just marvelous that we're able to have these two utterly different modern takes on the same characters. Seriously how remarkable is it that we have these two shows, who by their very definition are derivative, and yet both manage to be fresh and interesting? I love them both.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Painting creepy paintings is a good pastime for a criminal genius.

FANTASY, DO NOT ATTEMPT. CARS CANNOT JUMP ON TRAINS.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 3, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ugh not this show too! Canada is awful.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's aright, wasn't that big a deal. I was still pretty surprised at how it all went down. Sure I knew he was dirty, but I figured it was gonna go in a different direction - more questionable abuses of power, less mafia connections.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think it's because in TV and movies they rarely show something as mundane as pizza delivery unless it's important. So when they devote several lines of dialogue to talking about said pizza delivery, the trained response is "oh poo poo something is up with this pizza!"

This episode had another good example of this with the scene with the guy whose car blew up. When they finished talking to him, instead of just vanishing from camera like characters usually do when their scene is over, he stayed in the shot as they walked away. That triggered the response in me: "oh poo poo something is up with this guy!" And then he blew up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Paleontological mysteries are the best mysteries.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pick posted:

Mneeeh this episode had a poor understanding of how fossils work. But oh well.

Yeeeah...

I was also bothered by the "Triboro" Museum of Natural History but I guess there's some reason they couldn't use the real one's name.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Woo Bell is back! :woop:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's the combination of the usual winter break and then the Olympics. So shows still came back from break at the usual time, but then went back on break until the Olympics is over.

TV scheduling!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The rules of television censorship are always entertaining.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well that's an impressive trick. Regenerating ears! :haw:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hoooooly poo poo my joke turned out to be actually almost exactly correct. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This show was renewed for a third season today by the way (along with almost the entire rest of CBS).

E: Filling a lab with helium is certainly a novel way to kill someone.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 14, 2014

• Locked thread