Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The whole P vs NP being some magic code that opens up all digital security must have been a callback to the 'skeleton key' from the final episode of series 2 Sherlock. It will certainly come back at some point later in this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ookiimarukochan posted:

He's from London - I suspect he's aware that if beers usually cost $2.50 in New York, there would be considerably more British ex-pats in the place.

Yeah, saying that a pint would cost a single quid would have sent up a massive red flag in his head if he's ever gotten drunk in a bar in either the US or UK.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The allusion to Snowden wasn't as terrible as I expected. Having Kleinfelter murder someone kept the focus on Sherlock solving a case rather then the merits of leaking classified documents.

The show seems to be getter better. There's still the problem of where to go from Moriarty and Lestrade. There aren't many more iconic Sherlock Holmes characters they can introduce as single episode guest stars.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

hollylolly posted:

I'm trying to imagine how stuffing a dead guy into a latex suit is somehow worth any amount of money. How difficult would that be?! And gross.

I sort of love the ridiculous alibis people were coming up with. "Well, yes, I was committing a crime technically, therefore I could not have murdered him!" The stepmom's alibi was the best. :lol:

I liked the moment there at the end with Sherlock reaching out to the son.

Elementary has realized that can't maintain entire seasons of 22 episodes if Sherlock acts as the same emotionally distant autistic quick-fire rear end in a top hat that Benedict Cumberbatch did.

I give them credit, they're having Sherlock slowly open up to Watson without losing his signature "emotions are a weakness" attitude. Having him admit to her that he was repeatedly violently beaten at boarding school and how it shaped his attitude towards the world is a huge step forward for him in terms of continuing to build a emotionally significant relationship with Watson and having her be more then just another person he's acquainted with and eventually drops.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
It's great to see Damar back on TV.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The whole "I'm a seriously bad person who will hurt someone the moment it gives me an advantage" seemed a little trite. The more they try to emphasize Sherlock's dark side without him doing anything seriously dark the less I believe his claims of being some monster. Outside of him torturing the man he thought killed Irene Sherlock hasn't done anything shocking or repulsive that would make Watson wary of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Are they building up some huge meta-plot with this recent episode? After watching the new Sherlock and comparing it to what they're doing with Elementary it's like night and day, but I find I enjoy the procedural crime solving aspect of this show more then the BBC equivalent.

• Locked thread