Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueFootedBoobie
Feb 15, 2005

I gotta say one thing that really hit me as unrealistic was Dillon only getting shot a couple of times after he shot Bell. If a cop had gotten shot outside an actual NYPD station with a bunch of other cops around, there would have approximately 1200 rounds fired and a couple dozen bystanders going down along with the perp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueFootedBoobie
Feb 15, 2005

This episode was kinda about Phillip Seymour Hoffman, right?

BlueFootedBoobie
Feb 15, 2005

johntfs posted:

Or Heath Ledger. Or any one of the many, many other people who have destroyed themselves with drugs.

Totally, but the whole really long time lapse from when he gained sobriety then suddenly relapsed seemed a relatively close parallel.

Since the show is NY based I bet a lot of the cast knew PSH and this may have been a way of dealing with it.

Incidentally, the show was filming on my parents' block this week and my mom got to wave hi to Johnny Lee Miller.

BlueFootedBoobie
Feb 15, 2005

VDay posted:

Yeah that scene was pretty silly, but was worth it just to have Mycroft finally revealed as more than just a dumb, lazy restaurant owner/chef. I did actually laugh though when he said the trigger line, because it implies that he was mic'ed, but for some weird reason the assault team he was with wouldn't have just shot all the bad guys and saved his life if he hadn't said anything. Luckily they decided to not just shoot him in the face immediately, but that was a real Dumb n Dumber 'But what if he shot you in the head?!' moment.

One way you can figure it is that Mycroft is an extremely capable agent who is doing is best to keep his cover as long as he could and probably instructed the assault to hold off until he explicitly gave word, just in case he can still salvage the operation, even if it means he might get shot. He probably has the stature to order that.

Also, De Soto was a higher up so they maybe they wanted to make sure he was clear before the actual killing happened for some insulating reason, which caused the delay.

BlueFootedBoobie
Feb 15, 2005

When the the handler said the one thing that would definitely drive Sherlock away from continuing the work, it was clear something was awry.

• Locked thread