Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'll make you four veggie dogs with pictures if you send doobie's dog house $20. And if they aren't proper veggie dogs by the end, I'll send doobie's dog house $50. :colbert:

I dont eat meat and I guess I would like to think that hypothetically I can drive to this hotdog stand and be able to eat something on the menu. Maybe I will donate regardless but itd be nice if we could ask Claude about the vegetarians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.
In for $25, donating my dogs to the homeless

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

BlazinLow305 posted:

This place is only like an hour away, if it succeeds I will have to go check it out.
Go for the 30 free days of food reward then and just go on a hotdog sabbatical.

I went in for :10bux: may do more if it looks like the project needs a final push but I really respect that this guy clearly has a plan and is putting effort into it. With those prices you'd have to be dumb to get subway over it too so I'm hoping in such a small town he can hit a good market and take off.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I'll show them... I'll show ALL of them...

BlazinLow305 posted:

This place is only like an hour away, if it succeeds I will have to go check it out.

We will absolutely need some goons to scout this place out once it opens. I don't think any goon project would be complete without that.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

His confusion at all of this makes the pledge drive all the more magical. :allears:

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

semiavrage posted:

We will absolutely need some goons to scout this place out once it opens. I don't think any goon project would be complete without that.

Yeah, we should organize a goonmeet some weekend once he's set up. :3:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Please don't involve TPC :(

But if there are any cooks, carpenters, plumbers, pipe fitters etc near this place, I will pass on your details if you want to help a hot dog man out.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Limastock posted:

I dont eat meat and I guess I would like to think that hypothetically I can drive to this hotdog stand and be able to eat something on the menu. Maybe I will donate regardless but itd be nice if we could ask Claude about the vegetarians.

As a vegetarian of 11 years I'm sayin' you're a wimp because you aren't taking me up on the veggie dog thing. :colbert: Wimp.

Ice Phisherman posted:

His confusion at all of this makes the pledge drive all the more magical. :allears:

Hot Dog Day 2013: The Doobening.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
Someone tell TCC that there's some huge doobies on Kickstarter. :2bong:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
This guy would probably get a lot more interest if he upped the quality of the hotdogs and subsequently got better pictures. I think the true genius of any good food stand is that with so few menu options, you can really bend over backwards to make an amazing product and hone your craft to perfection. In the Bay Area we have sooo many awesome food trucks so that colors my opinion I guess.

Some easier stuff he could do would be to make higher quality chili in-house with a more appetizing appearance, maybe use cheddar cheese instead of American cheese. Make the chips in a fryer on-site, to order, and offer sweet potato fries as well. Source the veggies all local and organic. I mean he makes a point to say he uses local ingredients, which is commendable, but he should take it all the way.

This guy is awesome and I want to see him succeed, that's all. When you're doing something simple like hotdogs, you gotta do it right. Differentiation is key. A fusion hotdog or two that combines elements of other food would be great as well, like a bahn mi hotdog?? Dang that sounds rad.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Alan Smithee posted:

Goons joining forces with TPC? My God it's an unholy alliance

I was thinking more along the lines of exposing their greed and hypocrisy, but I like your faith in humanity :v:

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
What he should do is add boiled peanuts to the menu and make his dogs in the same water.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Did I miss this was in Alabama, not SFO? gently caress!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

While I don't want to involve Tea Party Community in this for obvious reasons, has anyone thought of cross posting this along with Noni's amazing post about it on Reddit, maybe? Get those freaks involved and it might stand a better chance of hitting the goal.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I doubt he'll get anywhere near the amount we had for the Haiti donations, but a small part of me hopes that this guy gets enough money off this kickstarter to push him into a territory that gives him a comfortable safety net for his business and maybe after a few years he can buy out a local fast food place and turn it into his own restaurant :frogbon:

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

gently caress it, I'm in for $100 because this guy seems really passionate about making it happen.

If/when he paints :frog: on the building, I'd be more than willing to go out there with a camera to get a timelapse of it happening.

ce gars fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 26, 2013

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

While I don't want to involve Tea Party Community in this for obvious reasons, has anyone thought of cross posting this along with Noni's amazing post about it on Reddit, maybe? Get those freaks involved and it might stand a better chance of hitting the goal.

Basically all of his donations are from goons from the past day.

He's halfway there now.

Pretty sure he'd reach 10x that goal if we involved reddit (so let's do it :getin:)

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Taima posted:

This guy would probably get a lot more interest if he upped the quality of the hotdogs and subsequently got better pictures. I think the true genius of any good food stand is that with so few menu options, you can really bend over backwards to make an amazing product and hone your craft to perfection. In the Bay Area we have sooo many awesome food trucks so that colors my opinion I guess.

Some easier stuff he could do would be to make higher quality chili in-house with a more appetizing appearance, maybe use cheddar cheese instead of American cheese. Make the chips in a fryer on-site, to order, and offer sweet potato fries as well. Source the veggies all local and organic. I mean he makes a point to say he uses local ingredients, which is commendable, but he should take it all the way.

This guy is awesome and I want to see him succeed, that's all. When you're doing something simple like hotdogs, you gotta do it right. Differentiation is key. A fusion hotdog or two that combines elements of other food would be great as well, like a bahn mi hotdog?? Dang that sounds rad.

I asked him about this earlier actually. Those weren't staged food photos, that was his family's dinner that night :unsmith:

Also the actual dogs will be topped with thicker, homemade chili.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

TooLShack posted:

What he should do is add boiled peanuts to the menu and make his dogs in the same water.

That.....actually sounds really good. drat I want some cajun boiled peanuts right now.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
In for $25. This MUST happen!

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

SoundMonkey posted:

Is that ketchup on that drat hotdog?
If you want it to be, yes. Claude believes that the best toppings for a dog are the ones you want, so if you choose to apply ketchup to your hotdog, that's on you.

Let's make Claude's dream a reality!

It's Sweet Baby Ray's :colbert:

With that being said I also supported Claude for $10.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

Ransom posted:

That.....actually sounds really good. drat I want some cajun boiled peanuts right now.

Man it does, this is the south, boiled peanuts being sold on the side of the road is common place. Just adding dogs to the mix shouldn't be that hard.

I might have to ask my local boiled peanut vendor "Deez Nuts" if he has ever tried it.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Taima posted:

This guy would probably get a lot more interest if he upped the quality of the hotdogs and subsequently got better pictures.

He'd get more Internet interest, but remember this isn't a NYC Bistro or anything. His biggest competition is Subway. Not every resturant/dog house needs to have a Michelin Star. I'm sure he fits his target market perfectly.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Verdugo posted:

It's Sweet Baby Ray's :colbert:

With that being said I also supported Claude for $10.

Yeah but the point is if you order a dog with ketchup the blood ketchup is on your hands, not his

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 26, 2013

o prbl
Aug 25, 2012

Creeperssssss gonna creep
I still have fond memories of Ted's Hot Dogs, a small chain, when I was living up in western New York. Anything that gets more people some tasty hot dogs is alright in my book. Does anyone know if they're boiled or char-grilled? Got to go with the char-grilled. Regardless, I just pledged $500. Let's make this happen.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Taima posted:

This guy would probably get a lot more interest if he upped the quality of the hotdogs and subsequently got better pictures.

Along these lines, I feel like the Kickstarter would do a lot better if he also had photos of the vouchers or punch cards he's offering at the various donation tiers. I'm not trying to criticize the guy but if you are going to ask strangers for money, it would help if you at least had a logo, or more shots of the unfinished space.

Maybe we can help him with this. We can use the information he's already provided to create a logo, simulated menus, gift cards, etc. At the very least this thread needs a photoshop of what the frog will look like.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
He's passed $3,000. We can do this, goons. Let's make Doobie's happen!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I pledged $25 after reading the KS thread and being inspired by Noni, and I feel like I am part of something large and wonderful.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
God bless whoever just donated 500. I really want to see this guy succeed.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

o prbl posted:

I still have fond memories of Ted's Hot Dogs, a small chain, when I was living up in western New York. Anything that gets more people some tasty hot dogs is alright in my book. Does anyone know if they're boiled or char-grilled? Got to go with the char-grilled. Regardless, I just pledged $500. Let's make this happen.

Bravo dude, that's awesome, I see your donation up on the list now. In fact, good job goons in general. He's gotten roughly an additional 1k just in the last hour this thread has been up.

EDIT: Could someone maybe help him by making a logo?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

SoundMonkey posted:

I asked him about this earlier actually. Those weren't staged food photos, that was his family's dinner that night :unsmith:

Also the actual dogs will be topped with thicker, homemade chili.

That's great to hear about the chili, and it's positively adorable that he posted his family meal ^_^ I choose to believe that he eats hotdogs every night, as a tribute to his passion and craft.

o prbl
Aug 25, 2012

Novo posted:

I'm not trying to criticize the guy but if you are going to ask strangers for money, it would help if you at least had a logo, or more shots of the unfinished space.

Maybe we can help him with this. We can use the information he's already provided to create a logo, simulated menus, gift cards, etc. At the very least this thread needs a photoshop of what the frog will look like.

I just donated half a thou to this guy, so I feel I'm in a pretty good position to be the one to inform you that maybe he's simply too busy. He's just getting the business started during the Kickstarter's run, and as Sound Monkey and Noni point out, he's not merely resting on his laurels while the Kickstarter funding is going on. When you're a person in a town of about 1,500 people, somehow I don't think coming up with a flashy logo or spending an hour taking photos is on the list of priorities.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this is just some bizarre performance piece and the guy is trying to bilk us by taking photos of some hot dogs he got at a cafeteria, but at least I have the gumption to put my money where my mouth is.

o prbl fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 26, 2013

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

o prbl posted:

Holy crap! You're a saint.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Do you think he would be up for naming a hotdog after us? Or even just us giving him an awesome hotdog with a good name. I can't think of a name to start this off with, but I do think that helping give more ideas for the menu can't hurt.

e: nevermind, looks like he is already planning on naming a hotdog after us

TeenageArchipelago fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 26, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

o prbl posted:

That's awesome, you're awesome.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

Fantastic_Mr_Fox posted:

Do you think he would be up for naming a hotdog after us? Or even just us giving him an awesome hotdog with a good name. I can't think of a name to start this off with, but I do think that helping give more ideas for the menu can't hurt.

He just said he would in his KS comments! It's gonna be called "The Team Frogout."

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I don't care much for Alabama, but he seems like the kind of guy that can make some good of it, so he's got $25 from me.

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

"Wayne Robinson posted:

My goodness, I love frogs now,., that big ol frog will look good on the side of doobies dog house.....if get funded I will create a new hodog on the menu ... It will be called team frog out

We officially have a hot dog.

o prbl
Aug 25, 2012

Noni posted:

Holy crap! You're a saint.

I'd like to think I make up for poo poo posts here and there by being a generally alright guy when the need arises. :)

Edit: The funny thing is I was originally thinking about putting in a :toxx: that I would donate $200 upfront and chip in an extra $300 if the fund was within $300 during the last 24 hours as an incentive for others to donate. I ended up rethinking it when I realized I am very bad with timing and would probably forget to check during the last 24 hours, so I'd might as well just do it upfront!

vvvvvvv That actually sounds remarkably awesome. Dill or sweet?

o prbl fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Fantastic_Mr_Fox posted:

The frogdog.

Comes with chili, relish, and a ring of mustard.

• Locked thread