Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Limastock posted:

Is he going to have veggie dogs on the menu as well? I wont donate unless he makes veggie dogs.

I'll make you four veggie dogs with pictures if you send doobie's dog house $20. And if they aren't proper veggie dogs by the end, I'll send doobie's dog house $50. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Limastock posted:

I dont eat meat and I guess I would like to think that hypothetically I can drive to this hotdog stand and be able to eat something on the menu. Maybe I will donate regardless but itd be nice if we could ask Claude about the vegetarians.

As a vegetarian of 11 years I'm sayin' you're a wimp because you aren't taking me up on the veggie dog thing. :colbert: Wimp.

Ice Phisherman posted:

His confusion at all of this makes the pledge drive all the more magical. :allears:

Hot Dog Day 2013: The Doobening.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

Any goons in his general area with some photography skills? Or even just a proper camera? Because, I mean, y'know... :ohdear:

There was an entire GWS thread about food photography a year ago. But I really doubt the guy has archives. The big points were trying not to use flash, using a neutral background setting, lighting (again with flash throwing stuff off) and trying to use plain plates that are either food colors or white. He's also taking them really high up. But I have no idea how to say any of this politely. You don't have to have a great camera or anything to take okay pictures of hot dogs.

I bet he could pull that off. Picture quality might not be as clear, but I bet he could get close.

E: I should say those are the main things I remember, anyway.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 26, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

DoctorPresident posted:

Claude just mentioned something about redoing the pictures tomorrow. The mods who are in contact with him could give a primer on that thread.

There's also http://goonswithspoons.com/Photography which he may be able to read himself. I'm looking for that thread.

E: Dorkroom has a thread which may be the same thread I was talking about : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3235973

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 26, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

He'll hopefully be getting contacted by his local fox news team shortly. Possibly more, but they were the first ones to respond that they were interested in his story. Cash is great but a little publicity for the (soon to be) brand new place can't hurt, right?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Is there any roundabout way to alert the media? The Internet getting together to help a local business should be an amazing human interest/tech news story at least. Hell, if this works out, I think I will write a story on this.

Most news agencies have contact us email forms for tips, extra information, etc. And it appears that his area news folks actually read their email. Some of them have phone numbers too. Most of his news affiliates are "west alabama" but I imagine Tuscaloosa stations might be willing to talk about him as well since he's only about 30 miles away from them.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

We just went over the $6000 mark :toot:

efb I don't care this is awesome!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

E: ^^^^ If the guy is already working on a site, offering to help him out is not a bad thing. He already said he'd be into goons helping him with the logo thing. Didn't know about the facebook map thing.

Polybious posted:

So after this has done it's thing and his on Facebook and Twitter and yelp and urbanspoon etc...a website is like...a place to hold links to the previous listed places at best

It could really just be a single page with phone number, hours, a simple menu list and a picture of the place. Maybe a google maps picture with the address. He does seem to want a website pretty bad.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 26, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gendo posted:

I'll see you later, boss it looks like I'm...

*puts on sunglasses*

Frogout.

You don't have to hotdog the exit you guys.

Freakbox posted:

:unsmith: Sometimes Goons can be super-awesome. I'm pretty sure FluffyBunnies is one of us, at least.

You know me better as Fluffs.

E: VVVV :hf: CNN. I called 33/40 in birmingham too and told them about it and hell, if they pick him up he may not be able to keep up with the customers. James Spann sending a tornado of people to his door :unsmith:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

Here's yer veggie dog:

serious-talk: quarter that fucker, cover it in olive oil, soy sauce, and lemon pepper, and chuck it on the grill :swoon:

If that guy had taken me up on making veggie dogs, I was going to carve dogs out of vegetables. :smith: I just tried to $25 through amazon and it's just forever-loading at me.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SoundMonkey posted:

In latest SA scandal, fitness mod spotted posting in a thread about hotdogs.

It's okay because Shine could probably lift the whole building Doobies will be in and sprint down the road with it bellowing about hot dogs for sale.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SoundMonkey posted:

Speaking of W&W, we should probably get him to add the Paleo Dog, which isn't so much a hotdog as it is Wayne punching you in the mouth if you try to order it.

That works if the GWS dog is a hot dog fried around another hot dog in an $800 gold leaf bun with mustard made fresh every morning from the tears of french orphans.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SoundMonkey posted:

Yeah that's sort of what he conveyed to me (despite planning on buying used). Also I'm doin' some dog-related food photography tomorrow night, although I can't find all the stuff for an actual Frog Dog.

EDIT: Just realized I'm gonna have to make 'cola onions'. This may be a culinary low-point for me, unless someone from the South can assure me this will be delicious.

You know how teppanyaki onions taste at your average american teppanyaki place? That, but a little sweeter.

WhiteHowler posted:

Unless something has changed recently, Kickstarter won't let someone retract/reduce a pledge from a funded project if it would take the project below the goal. So he's guaranteed to at least get his original goal (but everyone's going to be cool and leave their pledges alone anyway, right?).

Why do they let people retract them at all?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The math in the title shouldn't be correct, to reflect the current hot dog situation.

I threw $25 at hot dogs and if it fails, it was worth it for the brief few minutes that guy was happy and excited because eh, gently caress it. I've spent more on stupider poo poo in the past.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Atoramos posted:

So wait did we determine Wayne is racist or are we assuming based on location...

He said a fat black girl won a fried chicken buffet or some such and a relative made an Obamacare comment. For the area, that's not racist at all. For the rest of the world, that's pretty racist. So he's racist to the general public, but in town they'd look at you like you just grew two heads if you said that kind of comment was racist. Which doesn't make it right, at all, but southerns are like that. They're about 20-50 years behind the times, depending on where you go.

E: VVVV Yeah that.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 23, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I think seeing Wayne say he's having an anxiety attach was worth every penny.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Leroy Diplowski posted:

this guy loving kills me.

Please send him 1 pity bundle of hot dog flavored candy so he can see what a successful business model is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Shine posted:

I'm gonna hit up Spike's Junkyard Dogs and have some real loving good hot dogs that look and taste like actual food and aren't served by a dumbass hick motherfuckface, and also I can afford to buy nice things this Christmas because I'm smart.

:allears: You dress up as MuscleSanta and go carrying thousands of toys between your ripped arms and just flex them into children's waiting arms at orphanages, don't you?

E: Because you're a hero, Shine. Not a grinch.

• Locked thread