Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
I donated already due to the Awful Kickstarter thread, but I just want to add my support to this campaign! Claude has already been thanking every donor personally in the backer comments, how can you beat that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
Hot dog kickstarter fanart? Why yes!

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
I just made the frogdog picture on a whim, kind of if it were the back of a t shirt or something; certainly not intending to take over anyone's branding. I wholeheartedly agree that we need to leave creative liberties to Wayne, but if he wants to use the picture he's more than welcome to it. :3

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS

SoundMonkey posted:

The plaque was Wayne's idea, we're trying to make it easier for him so he doesn't have to spend a lot of his own money on recognition, which honestly is something that Wayne's more interested than the thread is.

Long story short, shut up.

Unless you've been here for the whole ride, half of this has been trying to talk dogman OUT of all the recognition he wants to give, because it would either dominate his restaurant or put him in the poorhouse. We've actively tried NOT to influence this guy's business as much as possible, all of the recognition that's being talked about was his idea (except the map, we thought of that because maybe it would be cheaper and easier for him to do than a plaque).

ACTUAL TOPICAL EDIT: Wayne has contacted me and asked me who made the "Home of the Frog Dog" image, as he says he would like to use it in promotional material. Could someone either link me to his profile or have the dude PM me so I can put him in touch to get that all sorted out?

Email sent. :D Tell Wayne I'd be happy to do any other little cartoon logos or whatnot for him as well, if he wants more.

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
LOL. I imagine failing your hot dog dream is even more bitter after such an initial success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
Like a relationship: You love him the first week, when he's cooking you romantic hot dog dinners, and then when he turns into a dumbass and misspends your money on poor planning the next week and you break up with him, you get a perverse joy out of seeing him fail.

Ergo, is it not possible both to enjoy the idea of helping a man achieve his dream, and then when the dream is squandered, enjoy watching it all burn down?

• Locked thread