Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I finally remembered my Amazon password so I'm in for $25. I may have made fun of his Fritos and use of Individually Wrapped Cheese Product at first, but I honestly want to see this earnest little guy succeed. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

ChubbyPitbull posted:

I agree with you, part of my interest for this project is having this guy take his earnestness and honesty and see the kind of business he develops. I don't think having the Frog up as one of his $500-tier ad rewards is pushing it too far, and speculating on a FrogDog is good fun/up to Wayne if he wants it on the menu. The impression I got from people talking about offering menu templates, logo work, promotional photos, etc. were more along the lines of offering him some more professional services he could take advantage of to implement his ideas, as opposed to dropping an SA grenade/Get Out Frog everywhere and having a hotdog for every subforum. I hope.

Honestly, everyone here has been really good so far about not taking things too far and making it completely about us. The frog graphic is only going to be there for a year, and from what I can tell, the "frog dog" was entirely Wayne's idea as a way to commemorate that frog group who helped make his dream a reality.

Meanwhile I'm sitting over here riding high on all the warm fuzzies I'm getting. :3:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Larz posted:

Doobie inspired me to visit my local hot dog stand for lunch. Here is what I had today from Jim of Jim's Ol' Time Hot Dogs.

Jim has been making hot dogs for many years and doing pretty well for himself. It's his full time job and he loves it. Follow your dreams Claude.

You know, I'm going to be near a place that sells hot dogs when I'm out for lunch tomorrow. Maybe I'll try ordering one with chili and extra relish and enjoy my own frog dog. :yum:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

spacemost posted:

Truth in advertising. I wish all fast food joints were forced to show pictures of their actual food and not fancy fake poo poo.

The best part is that his crappy pictures actually aren't even representative of the food he's going to serve. :xd:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Holy Calamity! posted:

I can't get over whatever's going on in the bottom right corner there. Also frog looks so tired with the eye crease :smith: This frog could potentially be around for hundreds of years, we need to do this right.

It's two, actually. Wayne has said the frog will only be on the side of his building for two years.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Protocol7 posted:

I would expect no less, and adds to the list of reasons why we grill our dogs in this household. :colbert:

We're not Native Americans, we don't have to use every part of the hot dog.
Most people, you know, just dump the water out.

While it's nice that the Kickstarter page has a new header image, I'm sad Wayne hasn't gotten around to uploading some better hot dog pics.
Though, with only a few days left to go, I don't know how much they'd do to help get him more backers.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Whoa. I stop paying attention to something for a couple of weeks and everything just goes completely to hell. :stare:

D1Sergo posted:

Meh, rich fuckers do dumb things and blow up all the time with your taxpayer money, I don't begrudge one guy with a dream trying to make that dream a reality, even if things end up imploding.

Then again, I didn't donate squat.

I did throw a little money at this guy and even I am pretty unaffected. :geno: If anyone is honestly crushed or angered by Doobie's Dogs torpedoing, I kind of worry for their ability to cope with real life problems.

Unless they're that guy who gave up Christmas. I think his whole family could be forgiven for getting a little upset about this.

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I don't think he ever intended to set up a hotdog shack, his plans looked shoddy from the off.

I think you're giving a man who iirc didn't even go to college a little too much credit. If his plans looked shoddy from the start it's less likely because he was running a long con and more likely it's because he doesn't have the business sense god gave a duck. Oh well. v:v:v

• Locked thread