Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

What a fascinating game - I remember trying it several years back, and I didn't even get this far. Just too many easy dead ends and not enough patience from me.

Good LP, keep it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ah, I love it when games have almost entirely pointless areas that you can explore - Yasakev even gets a nice portrait. I suspect that means he'll be relevant to the main plot later on, but for now, if he and the old couple are just extras - well, interesting!

I'm disappointed you're going to slow down your updates, but at least they'll still be daily!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Holy poo poo. :stare: You expect dark, but not this dark.

About how far through the game are we?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Back to the subject of deficits and / or a day in the life of an average Soviet citizen in the 1980's.

This is super-informative and I'm loving it a lot, thank you. Do you have any books/other sources you'd recommend for someone who wants to learn more about this? I am planning to check out the mentioned Red Plenty as soon as I can.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Nah. I got this simplified tale via osmosis while growing up around a Russian speaking environment, and I made sure to rely only on my own knowledge when writing the posts above.

What else are you guys interested in? War, politics, movies, KGB activities?

Everything, but to keep this relevant to the LP, KGB activities. Specifically, how accurate is this game in portraying the KGB / GRU / etc?

• Locked thread