Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is a pretty good start. I love Michael J Fox and am interested to see Marie from Breaking Bad as a comedy actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

iastudent posted:

Okay, I laughed at the rolling chair flashback.

We have these things called wheel locks now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Connect the gravy? That's not gonna be helpful.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I was wondering when the first lovely drama about the Somali pirate hijacking would come. I can't wait to see how a bunch of half starved teenagers were criminal masterminds and heroic Tom Hanks is basically Jesus.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Let me take over your crafting room.

WHERE WOULD I CRAFT?!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is a great show so far.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So is Gravity bad or good because I can't decide.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hcreight posted:

The theme of being against emotionally manipulative bullshit would work a bit better if this show weren't surrounded by ads for emotionally manipulative Oscar bait.

If anything that makes it better. A dude with actual Parkinson's is making a show where a lot of the humor comes in him not wanting the sappy poo poo, and then Hollywood is churning sappy emotional manipulation out by the bucket because they assume that's the good move.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hcreight posted:

How tall is Betsy Brandt exactly? I know Fox is fairly short but she is seriously towering over him in a few shots.

She's massive. Fox is a short dude yea but Brandt is legit a very tall lady.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What's top stuff?

I don't even know anymore :smith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

404GoonNotFound posted:

Who? Is that her as the neighbor?

Yep.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Luigi Thirty posted:

Oops, Parkinson's.

Needs to be the title here.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ColonelCurmudgeon posted:

This is the first time I've watched NBC willingly in years. And I'm... enjoying it?

A power team of Parks and Rec and now this have just been wonderful.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going upstairs to make love with my shirt on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I bet he's super good at scratching.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That was a shockingly good show, considering the low bar for 'hey I'm a celeb from like twenty years ago starring in a sitcom that's basically just about the real me with a wacky family!' that was a home run.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kelvron posted:

And the Parkinson's jokes. Am I a bad person for laughing at "Where's your father?" <cue shaking balls in a ball pit>

Nah that and 'and if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go upstairs and have sex with my shirt on' were my two big laughs in the second episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I thought the family was realistic. They love him but he's also been just kinda sitting around focusing all his energy on them for five years, and Parkinson's or not that's fairly annoying after a bit.

It was frankly one of the most realistic portrayals of a family with someone they love suffering from a degenerative illness I've seen. That 'have your personal victory another time, we're starving' scene really was one of the best in that regard. Yea they're happy he's able to control himself fairly well, but they're also a normal family who just wants their loving eggs before school/work. There's no big sappy "DADDY YOU HAVE TO FIGHT THIS" speeches because the guy's had this disease for years now and all the worst adjustment phase is over. He's a normal dad who happens to have Parkinson's, and that's a pretty important portrayal even in silly sitcoms.

• Locked thread