Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Created by Will Gluck and Sam Laybourne, and executive produced by Fox himself, The Michael J. Fox Show is Fox's first starring role since he left Spin City.

Fox plays Mike Henry, a beloved former newscaster who decides to return to work five years after leaving due to his Parkinson's. The series also features Betsy Brandt (fresh off Breaking Bad) as Mike's wife Annie, Wendell Pierce (The Wire) as his boss Harris Green, Conor Romero, Juliette Goglia, and Jack Gore as his children Ian, Eve and Graham, and Katie Finneran as his sister Leigh.

While some of the marketing has made this show seem rather safe, the strength of some of the cast and the fact that it's been reviewing well give me hope. The show also doesn't seem to be using Fox's affliction purely as an emotional crutch and is willing to joke about it. If you still need convincing, watch the trailer.

The Michael J. Fox Show's hour-long premiere airs at 9/8c Thursday, September 26. The show airs at 9:30/8:30c every Thursday afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You think they can tell we're not working?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oops, Parkinson's!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going upstairs to make love with my shirt on.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fariz posted:

The fact that the thread title hasn't been changed to "Oops. Parkinsons." is a disgrace, and I'm mad as hell <:mad:>

I shot a request to the mods, but nothing happened.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zero One posted:

Is this show a Pseudo-documentary now?

News guy is still the best character.

Those confessionals have always been there, it's just that there was a narrative excuse in the pilot. They don't seem to be leaning on it too heavily though, which is good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I cracked up at "Albino Tim" and I don't know why.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have a staplegun! :haw:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I do love Emmys...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh poo poo, was this on tonight? Totally missed it because of Halloween.

• Locked thread